Week Ten: Tyler Lee at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (8-0, 4-0) vs Tyler Lee Red Raiders (5-3, 2-2)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/02/2019 at 12:30 AM

17 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

What is your reasoning for thinking they would score 28 points on us? I’m intrigued to hear that. Lufkin is the only team to score 21 on us, Horn game close with 20. But the next closest is 13 (both in the fourth quarter).

I just don’t see Lee scoring four times on us. Would love to hear why you think otherwise.

I could see 21 for the entire game. I think Longview will put 42 though. Lee has a pretty good oline and there dline is not too shabby either. Lee speed on defense in the open field is not that great though. 

3 hours ago, Wolfpac07 said:

I just don’t understand, I know lee is improved and better his year, but what in the wold has Lee done to make anyone including Tyler homers think this game will be close or competitive in any aspect. Lee’s 2 backs have had some success vs a lot of the slower and lesser defenses, man this Longview D is just so  much  different than anything they have faced up to this point, and yet some people very few in Tyler are thinking Lee is going to make it a game and have a chance to possibly pull off the upset. For anyone that thinks that, let me ask. What strong suits do you look at this years Lee team and say ( yah I think they’ll give Longview a game and could possibly win?) I know anything could happen, but if Longview shows up and plays hard and takes it to Lee for 4 quarters, I see it being a 55-17 type game. Will be back to eat my crow if Lee keeps it close!

Well, here's the honest to God truth. We have played over 80% of our regular season games and up until this point we are still making the same mistakes that you would consistently see in the Green vs. White Spring game. As a Lobo Alumn, it goes back to the coaches not making hard enough consequences for conscientious STUPIDITY. It's really that damn simple.

And, we're making enough of them to get eliminated by the first opponent who can match us toe to toe offensively and plays SOUND defense. I am telling you IF John King doesn't address this issue to the point that it strikes fear in them ESPECIALLY with the special teams, WE ARE DONE. If, we go through another spell of our VETERAN wideouts dropping wide open balls, WE ARE DONE. It's the little stuff that goes unaddressed and uncorrected  that gets you eliminated or causes teams like Tyler Lee to hang around  and produce the unlikeliest of upsets.

I have NEVER seen such a heavy-laden group of athletes from top to bottom SO TALENTED PHYSICALLY yet SO MENTALLY UNDISCIPLINED all at the same time in my life. The biggest threat to this team all the way around is themselves. The sad part is, that they either don't see it or they don't care since it's still happening this late into the season.

If ANYONE was to ask me what's the biggest difference between this year's team and last year's, I would tell them that the 2018 team unequivocally was far more disciplined all the way around. There's NO WAY in the hell that we win the state title against Beaumont Westbrook last year if the 2018 team exhibited a PIECE of the mental lapses that this current team is doing WEEK to WEEK. 

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1
  • Stinks 3

1 hour ago, Quick said:

I have NEVER seen such a heavy-laden group of athletes from top to bottom SO TALENTED PHYSICALLY yet SO MENTALLY UNDISCIPLINED all at the same time in my life. 

Your mind has completely blocked out some of our previous teams then. 

• Thanks 4

10 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Something about the 97 team screams "talented but undisciplined" but I can't quite put my finger on it. It may or may not have happened just before the Katy game and could be the reason they got their teeth kicked in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Something about the 97 team screams "talented but undisciplined" but I can't quite put my finger on it. It may or may not have happened just before the Katy game and could be the reason they got their teeth kicked in. 

1998 even. 

2005 even. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Name me ONE previous Lobo team that has had the TALENT from top to bottom that THIS CURRENT team has that makes as many mental mistakes as they do. I'll wait..........

1 hour ago, Quick said:

Name me ONE previous Lobo team that has had the TALENT from top to bottom that THIS CURRENT team has that makes as many mental mistakes as they do. I'll wait..........

2005 is the most recent that I can remember. 

2017 didn't have as many mental mistakes as this group, but they had PLENTY enough. 

4 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You are absolutely correct!  It did and it most likely was!

• Like 1

So I was researching, since we're getting pretty close to break this one..

List of winning streaks (15 or more) in East Texas that played on 6A and 5A (or their equivalent at the time)..
27 games - John Tyler (1994 to 1995)
26 games - John Tyler (1972 to 1974)
24 games - Longview (2018 to 2019)
18 games - Lufkin (2001 to 2002)
16 games - Longview (1937 to 1938)

List of undefeated streaks (15 games or more) in East Texas that played on 6A and 5A (or their equivalent at the time)..
17 games - Tyler (1930 to 1931), Longview (1937 to 1938)
16 games - Lufkin (1953 to 1955)
15 games - Marshall (1928 to 1929), Marshall (1987 to 1989)*

Marshall 1987 to 1989 includes one forfeit made by Dallas Carter that was an on the field loss. 

2 hours ago, Oldetexfan said:

You are absolutely correct!  It did and it most likely was!

None of you MF's know jack s*** about the 97 team except for those of us that played. Dexter Daniels was about the only player that was ejected in '97 for getting into a verbal cussing match in a bi-district game against Dallas Skyline and their mouthy, all-world utility player Montrell Flowers. And, they both were kicked out of that game. Why don't we go to Bero's house and ask him why he made the choice to change the entire playbook 1 week prior to the Katy game since you 2 Mf's know so G D much!!!!

We were everything BUT, UNDISCIPLINED. Johnny why don't you bring your smart A mouth to the flagpole where most of the 97 team usually is and keep that same G D slick mouth and energy when you come. I ain't said Jack s*** that ain't no other reasonable fan that has watched these Lobos over the same span that I have and more plus played this game as a Lobo himself.

Hell, I want this team to repeat or at least play to their potential just like any other Fan or Alumni does but, I be damn if I am going to cower down to you "garden tools" (and I don't mean a rake or a shovel either) just because you got you a little nutriding crew that co-sign all of your BS because y'all hang out together. I can support my team and root for them but, I can keep s*** STRAIGHT 100% too when I see OBVIOUS things that will trip this team up if they fail to correct them as well.

• Like 6
  • Stinks 2

21 minutes ago, Quick said:

None of you MF's know jack s*** about the 97 team except for those of us that played. Dexter Daniels was about the only player that was ejected in '97 for getting into a verbal cussing match in a bi-district game against Dallas Skyline and their mouthy, all-world utility player Montrell Flowers. And, they both were kicked out of that game. Why don't we go to Bero's house and ask him why he made the choice to change the entire playbook 1 week prior to the Katy game since you 2 Mf's know so G D much!!!!

We were everything BUT, UNDISCIPLINED. Johnny why don't you bring your smart A mouth to the flagpole where most of the 97 team usually is and keep that same G D slick mouth and energy when you come. I ain't said Jack s*** that ain't no other reasonable fan that has watched these Lobos over the same span that I have and more plus played this game as a Lobo himself.

Hell, I want this team to repeat or at least play to their potential just like any other Fan or Alumni does but, I be damn if I am going to cower down to you "garden tools" (and I don't mean a rake or a shovel either) just because you got you a little nutriding crew that co-sign all of your BS because y'all hang out together. I can support my team and root for them but, I can keep s*** STRAIGHT 100% too when I see OBVIOUS things that will trip this team up if they fail to correct them as well.

This post explains so much about you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Quick said:

The 97 team averaged 7.06 penalties per game. This current 2019 squad averages 7.75. When you take into account that teams today throw the ball more, games last longer, and teams run more plays, that disparity isn't all that bad. 

I agree that the dropped passes are killer and need to be fixed. 

For how much people talk about Bero's boot camps, how tough he was, how disciplined his teams were, they never won state, regularly missed the playoffs (Longview has never been the 4th place playoff attendee under King, so the fact that 4 teams make it now is irrelevant), and his best team averaged one less penalty per game than this "undisciplined" 2019 squad. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

So I was researching, since we're getting pretty close to break this one..

List of winning streaks (15 or more) in East Texas that played on 6A and 5A (or their equivalent at the time)..
16 games - Longview (1937 to 1938)

List of undefeated streaks (15 games or more) in East Texas that played on 6A and 5A (or their equivalent at the time)..
17 games - Tyler (1930 to 1931), Longview (1937 to 1938)
16 games - Lufkin (1953 to 1955)
15 games - Marshall (1928 to 1929), Marshall (1987 to 1989)*

Marshall 1987 to 1989 includes one forfeit made by Dallas Carter that was an on the field loss. 

I don’t want to start a big vs small debate, but I am curious why you would only include 6a/5a in your research. ETX has not had that many win streaks longer than 24 in 2a - 6a. Like I said I’m just honestly wondering why you chose to only use teams from the top 2 classes?