Week Ten: Tyler Lee at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (8-0, 4-0) vs Tyler Lee Red Raiders (5-3, 2-2)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/02/2019 at 12:30 AM

On 10/29/2019 at 5:28 PM, LoboFan07 said:

Marshall isn’t moving up to Division I, there’s zero chance we’ll be in their district next season. Basketball and other sports wise, yes. But not football.

We will never be in a district with the likes of Marshall, Mount Pleasant, Sulphur Springs or Pine Tree in football again with the way things are done now in the split era. Hallsville always claims they’re growing but I can’t see that happening either. 

Its gonna be a completely different experience for us dropping this go around, and the fans will be less most likely. Outside of North and JT, the district is not good. Poteet is ok, but they’re dropping to D2 so irrelevant to us. 

Its not set in stone that Poteet will drop to D2.  They have been under the D1 limit by 50 the last 2 years.  The AD may keep the 2 mesquite schools together.

9 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Who is number 49 for Longview I seen some highlights of him running the ball it seem like y’all just keep these little quick dudes than nobody can hit lol 

I ain't saying he's quick but he can run around under the shower and not get wet. 

12 hours ago, stevenbugkiller said:

Its not set in stone that Poteet will drop to D2.  They have been under the D1 limit by 50 the last 2 years.  The AD may keep the 2 mesquite schools together.

They turned in 1,813 this year, they turned in 1,850 last time.

The cut off last time was 1,839. 

So they were above the limit by 11 students in 2018, and now they're below the current one by 26. 

Doubt they would opt up.

10 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Who is number 49 for Longview I seen some highlights of him running the ball it seem like y’all just keep these little quick dudes than nobody can hit lol 

#49 is Xavier Jimmerson 5'9" 155 lb "backup" Sr. RB !

He would start practically "anywhere" else but at Longview where #7 Jr. RB Kaden Meredith a 5'10" 190 lb "manchild" is the starter & a bonafide D-I prospect for next year !

Longview is RB HIGH (RB U) for a reason !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

We're good at RB for a while. 

Not just talking starters, the depth will be there too.

Wait until you have Meredith and 2022 Isailynn Taylor as a one two punch next year. Lord.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ANTI said:

We're good at RB for a while. 

Not just talking starters, the depth eill be there too.

Wait until you have Meredith and 2022 Isailynn Taylor as a one two punch next year. Lord.

And the kids coming from middle schools we don't have to worry about rb for while

4 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

And the kids coming from middle schools we don't have to worry about rb for while

And let me tell you about a DE prospect in the 2030 class. Tough, aggressive, excellent genes. 

He's the biggest kid in the third grade at Hudson PEP...  which is weird because he's only a 2nd grader.   ;) 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 6

Just now, AKA said:

And let me tell you about a DE prospect in the 2030 class. Tough, aggressive, excellent genes. 

He's the biggest kid in the third grade at Hudson PEP...  which is weird because he's only a 2nd grader.   ;) 

Let me tell you about this kid...he's not born yet...but MANNNN he's gonna be unreal.

• LOL! 6

Just now, LoboFan07 said:

Let me tell you about this kid...he's not born yet...but MANNNN he's gonna be unreal.

Anti's already seen some film on him (sonogram) and thinks he'll be better than Haynes! 

• LOL! 6

Just now, WolverBean said:

Don't tell menOf on the 6aboard this! He will rant about being false information

Shoot, he'll still be ranting that we're all "deceivers" even after the game results are final. 

• LOL! 3

4 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

They turned in 1,813 this year, they turned in 1,850 last time.

The cut off last time was 1,839. 

So they were above the limit by 11 students in 2018, and now they're below the current one by 26. 

Doubt they would opt up.

First hand  knowledge ,they were 50 below of what was turned in last time.  They stayed up without contesting it.  They will stay up more than likely.  They wont split up  West Mesquite and Poteet.

8 minutes ago, stevenbugkiller said:

First hand  knowledge ,they were 50 below of what was turned in last time.  They stayed up without contesting it.  They will stay up more than likely.  They wont split up  West Mesquite and Poteet.

But they weren't 50 below. The number they turned in was above the 5A D1 line...

If they were 50 below, then why did they turn in a number above the cut off line?? There was nothing to contest with the number they turned in....

6 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

But they weren't 50 below. The number they turned in was above the 5A D1 line...

If they were 50 below, then why did they turn in a number above the cut off line?? There was nothing to contest with the number they turned in....

Because on the required snapshot deadline date, they showed to be above the cutoff.  Some weeks later the true number showed to be under.  Hence {Snapshot}.  They had the option to contest it, they chose to stay.  As in my opinion they will stay again.  They will not split the two schools.  Its stupid on their part, in my opinion, but since when do school districts use logic.  2 years ago if they would have stayed down with that team, wow!