Week Ten: Tyler Lee at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (8-0, 4-0) vs Tyler Lee Red Raiders (5-3, 2-2)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/02/2019 at 12:30 AM

3 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I don’t want to start a big vs small debate, but I am curious why you would only include 6a/5a in your research. ETX has not had that many win streaks longer than 24 in 2a - 6a. Like I said I’m just honestly wondering why you chose to only use teams from the top 2 classes? 

Because they're the only classes that I had full on game logs for that weren't interrupted, plus I wasn't about to go through every single East Texas school when the list of 6A and 5A schools shorter and more manageable to do in an afternoon.

Edit: The point of that post specifically is to show how rare what Longview is doing currently, on the top level in East Texas. Because only one program has done this and that's John Tyler.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Because they're the only classes that I had full on game logs for that weren't interrupted, plus I wasn't about to go through every single East Texas school when the list of 6A and 5A schools shorter and more manageable to do in an afternoon.

Ok. That explains it. But I’m sure Longview is getting close to the top (any class ETX). Especially with a deep playoff run this year.

11 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

You’ll get it next season...🤦🏾‍♂️

Not really. 

In 2008 and 2009 there were Sulphur Springs fans all over this forum. Those threads were legendary. When we played them a few years later, there was NOTHING all week. Either they never had fans before/after Rolison was there, or else they were too afraid to show their faces, knowing we'd beat them bad again (and they were right). And of course Lion is back but he knows better than to show up in a Longview thread. 

We will get Marshall in district, possibly. But that'll just devolve into Mav fans playing their victim complex, claiming Lobos think they're God's gift to football while acting like they're being bullied as it always does. 

Say what you want about JT fans, but they come here ready to go, and the threads are entertaining and lively. Same with Lufkin. 

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

10 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Not really. 

In 2008 and 2009 there were Sulphur Springs fans all over this forum. Those threads were legendary. When we played them a few years later, there was NOTHING all week. Either they never had fans before/after Rolison was there, or else they were too afraid to show their faces, knowing we'd beat them bad again (and they were right). And of course Lion is back but he knows better than to show up in a Longview thread. 

We will get Marshall in district, possibly. But that'll just devolve into Mav fans playing their victim complex, claiming Lobos think they're God's gift to football while acting like they're being bullied as it always does. 

Say what you want about JT fans, but they come here ready to go, and the threads are entertaining and lively. Same with Lufkin. 

Remember the White House fan when pat mahomes was playing those threads where trash talk bacj and forth and then the ennis fans when we had them in district i cant find none of them now they all jumped of the band wagon

Just now, 3rdcoastent said:

Remember the White House fan when pat mahomes was playing those threads where trash talk bacj and forth and then the ennis fans when we had them in district i cant find none of them now they all jumped of the band wagon

Nah, we never played Whitehouse when Mahomes was there. The one time we played them, they tried to take all the focus off us beating them badly and place it on their WR getting hurt and our players not taking a knee for him or something. 

31 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Not really. 

That’s kinda my point though. He will get it with JT and Lufkin. Lobos will be in 5A, so our thread should be better than it was this season. It will never be like it was several years ago when y’all first moved down in 08 and when we moved down in 2014 with Whitehouse, JT, Lindale, one Corsi fan and most of all crazy Ennis fans to discuss the games with. But the threads between us should be better. JT too with y’all being in 5A. I guess Thigh if they stay up and the one North fan that’s on here. You’ll have more fans from opposing teams to go back and forth with than we will. The Magnolia and CS fans are only on the Fox app.

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

97 would get clobbed by both this team and last years' team. 

Probably 2004 too. Maybe others...but that's a different convo for another day.

I'm not a stat person but the only advantage is at Qb. '97 can match '19 man for man at every other position.

58 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Not really. 

Marshall isn’t moving up to Division I, there’s zero chance we’ll be in their district next season. Basketball and other sports wise, yes. But not football.

We will never be in a district with the likes of Marshall, Mount Pleasant, Sulphur Springs or Pine Tree in football again with the way things are done now in the split era. Hallsville always claims they’re growing but I can’t see that happening either. 

Its gonna be a completely different experience for us dropping this go around, and the fans will be less most likely. Outside of North and JT, the district is not good. Poteet is ok, but they’re dropping to D2 so irrelevant to us. 

1 hour ago, gtee2 said:

I'm not a stat person but the only advantage is at Qb. '97 can match '19 man for man at every other position.

That's probably all the advantage '19 needs. lol the gap between Jay Hurst and Haynes King is huge.

Another big advantage is depth and coaching.

59 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

And WR...Longview never had a GROUP of WRs like this

Depth wise I agree and it isnt debateble.

We've had as talented groups though, but not necessarily as deep.

Eric Hawkins/DT Jackson/Justin Spady come to mind in 2011

2012 had Dorian Leonard/Justin Spady/Cedric King/Chris Pellum....this group is often forgotten because of Caraway's injury but man....if he plays the entire season...

2013 was good too with Chris Pellum/Stephon Anthony/Dorian Leonard

2017 had Kamden/Adarius Carter/Jacob Johnson (before he was converted to safety in 2018)

2018 had Kamden/Kyas/Kearbey

15 minutes ago, ANTI said:

That's probably all the advantage '19 needs. lol the gap between Jay Hurst and Haynes King is huge.

Another big advantage is depth and coaching.

Yea I agree with the Hurst and Haynes and King over Bero...

What would be good is if someone like yourself with good knowledge did a top 25 players ever from Longview...

That would be great while Lobos beating up on these next 4 teams...

12 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

Yea I agree with the Hurst and Haynes and King over Bero...

What would be good is if someone like yourself with good knowledge did a top 25 players ever from Longview...

That would be great while Lobos beating up on these next 4 teams...

Mannnnn....I don't try to make a list when it comes to Lobo ball. 

No list is ever right and you cant please everybody lol especially when it comes to the RBs. Lawd.

The RB position has always been the staple of the Longview offense until King/Collins first came when it shifted to the FB getting more carries. Name any RB who started for Longview and I guarantee they were a stellar player. You have to be to play RB at Longview. 

Since about 2008, it's been more QB oriented.