Week Ten: Tyler Lee at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (8-0, 4-0) vs Tyler Lee Red Raiders (5-3, 2-2)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a close one
    • Tyler Lee in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/02/2019 at 12:30 AM

9 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Because they're the only classes that I had full on game logs for that weren't interrupted, plus I wasn't about to go through every single East Texas school when the list of 6A and 5A schools shorter and more manageable to do in an afternoon.

Edit: The point of that post specifically is to show how rare what Longview is doing currently, on the top level in East Texas. Because only one program has done this and that's John Tyler.

I looked around a little bit. You get in the 30’s and that’s getting up their in elite company no matter division. I can see LV getting into the 30’s before the end of this season.

Also Texas High had a pretty good streak. 22 in a row 02’ - 03’. That was Surratt calling plays. 

https://www.texashighschoolfootballhistory.com/consecutive_wins.html

18 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I looked around a little bit. You get in the 30’s and that’s getting up their in elite company no matter division. I can see LV getting into the 30’s before the end of this season.

Also Texas High had a pretty good streak. 22 in a row 02’ - 03’. That was Surratt calling plays. 

https://www.texashighschoolfootballhistory.com/consecutive_wins.html

I have no idea how I missed Texas High's. I even looked at their records. Completely overlooked. Thank ya!

Finally got around to doing the audio highlights...

Audio highlights from Longview's 55-0 win over North Mesquite...
https://www.lobohistory.com/gamelogs/audio/northmesquite10252019.mp3

Post game head coach John King..
https://www.lobohistory.com/gamelogs/audio/northmesquite10252019postgame.mp3

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

Mannnnn....I don't try to make a list when it comes to Lobo ball. 

No list is ever right and you cant please everybody lol especially when it comes to the RBs. Lawd.

Just for fun and really good lively "tobinfrost" argument...😀😃😄

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

The RB position has always been the staple of the Longview offense until King/Collins first came when it shifted to the FB getting more carries. Name any RB who started for Longview and I guarantee they were a stellar player. You have to be to play RB at Longview. 

Since about 2008, it's been more QB oriented. 

Out of all the RB's I saw start for Longview Chris Butcher was prolly the least of them all...

1 minute ago, gtee2 said:

No...

I dunno man. lol

I came up with Tyler but if I'm judging both at the same point in their careers, I'm choosing Meredith. He out here putting up 300 yard games. Just imagine if Meredith was being force fed the ball. 

He dang sure better than Hasty.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ANTI said:

I dunno man. lol

I came up with Tyler but if I'm judging both at the same point in their careers, I'm choosing Meredith. He out here putting up 300 yard games. Just imagine if Meredith was being force fed the ball. 

He dang sure better than Hasty.

I'll give you Hasty. And Meredith has another year...then he might slide by Tyler. But Tyler was special dawg! He had a 1800 yrd season splitting time! He always made it look like he was half -ing around but putting up numbers. Meredith has a chance at 2k this year but I don't think we run ball like we used to nowadays so...

14 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

@ANTI I'ma give my top five ever to grace the fields at Lobo...and this is no particular order just off top of my head...

HK

Fred Talley

Vondrel 

Bobby Taylor

Kamden Perry

Man, I cant argue with this list.

I dunno if we'll ever see a WR like Kamden again but Jalen Hale sure as heck has a chance.

That dude Vondrell was something else. Dude had some big ol biceps.

36 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Man, I cant argue with this list.

I dunno if we'll ever see a WR like Kamden again but Jalen Hale sure as heck has a chance.

That dude Vondrell was something else. Dude had some big ol biceps.

Jalen Hale has all the gifts to be has great as Bobby Taylor. And Vondrell...yeah I had him pegged to win 2 heisman

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I only saw Shawn  and played against Marvin in practice. Both were great athletes.

The older brother Chris was a 200lb strong safety and would knock all the snot from your nose but injury derailed him before his career really took off

1 hour ago, gtee2 said:

@ANTI I'ma give my top five ever to grace the fields at Lobo...and this is no particular order just off top of my head...

HK

Fred Talley

Vondrel 

Bobby Taylor

Kamden Perry

No Lobo list would be complete without the likes of Hosea Taylor, Lloyd Phillips or Mike Mock.

Come on younguns' !

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I always thought it would be really cool if the lobos had a weekly coaches show to watch. That would be really cool. 

If I had someone to handle the technical side, I'd be glad to host a Lobo podcast. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gtee2 said:

What would be good is if someone like yourself with good knowledge did a top 25 players ever from Longview...

My context is extremely limited, but I can't help but think Goram-Welch and Beltran would rank among the top DEs of Lobo history. 

Those of y'all who've followed the program for much longer than I, what would your Top 5 look like at that position? 

@RandyJohnson, @LoboFan07, @ANTI, @Quick...  etc.