WEEK 10: Marshall (5-3) (5-0) Vs. Whitehouse (6-2) (5-0)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Whitehouse  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• WH by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • WH in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

41 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Texas Football picked Marshall by 5. A little surprised it was that close

IMHO...... it's hard to erase an ugly (0-3) start from people's minds.

We're much improved since the Tyler Lee game..... but I'm sure some of the opponent's fans of those three losses still see us as the same team we were in September.   Same with media members.

Have to win some big ones that count to wash their palate.  That may include beating WH on the road for the district title (or a share of it this week) and clenching it at home next week Vs. PT.

And if we lose one or both of them.... then we probably retain that 0-3 label for entirety of the season. 

I'll take a 1 point win if that's what it is....  but I'd like to see continued improvement. 

It's been incredibly fun watching this team grow and change this season. 

11 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

IMHO...... it's hard to erase an ugly (0-3) start from people's minds.

We're much improved since the Tyler Lee game..... but I'm sure some of the opponent's fans of those three losses still see us as the same team we were in September.   Same with media members.

Have to win some big ones that count to wash their palate.  That may include beating WH on the road for the district title (or a share of it this week) and clenching it at home next week Vs. PT.

And if we lose one or both of them.... then we probably retain that 0-3 label for entirety of the season. 

I'll take a 1 point win if that's what it is....  but I'd like to see continued improvement. 

It's been incredibly fun watching this team grow and change this season. 

A win is a win.

Maverick Varsity is (5-0) in district play and has outscored opponents 235-104.

Maverick JV is (4-0) in district play and has outscored opponents 108-12.

Maverick 9th Grade A team is (4-0) in district play and has outscored opponents 76-8

Maverick 9th Grade B team is (2-0) in district play and has outscored opponents 28-0.

----------
Things that jump out to me about some of the above stats....

1.  A good percentage of the 104 points the Mav defense has surrendered was in fact surrendered by the bench late in games that were blowouts (Hallsville and Jacksonville).

2.  A Mav JV team with a winning record has traditionally been rare.  Challenging for a district title is almost unheard of.  Last JV title came in 2010 I believe.  Not too shabby considering their QB as a freshman last year transferred to Carthage over the summer.

3.  The Mav JV has allowed only 2 touchdowns in 4 district games.

4.  Mav 9th grade teams traditionally have been pretty strong and win the district title pretty regularly.  But this season has been special.  The TWO squads have given up only 1 TD in six district games.  But their offensive output has been pretty impressive too.    

This staff has done an outstanding job of getting things going.  Not to mention 7th grade football returned this fall at MJHS with two squads.

I'll see if I can get some updates on the 4 MJHS teams and get it posted.  

On 10/30/2019 at 5:39 PM, Mavchamp said:

It’ll take winning playoff games to erase it. This was expected by every single person not a fan in this district. Marshall is just that much better that they can lose their all everything QB and still dominate. The district is not respected around the state for a reason. 

Mavs getting a home playoff game to start things off will be interesting for sure! Good luck tonight.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Watch them refs 

Same crew we’ve had the last three weeks apparently....... and they’ve been pretty horrible every time.  #consistency 

Luckily...... it hasn’t mattered. 

But still disconcerting considering WH is the best team we’ve faced since Carthage. 

Hard enough beating a good team much less a good team AND the zebras. 

Heard it was horrendous last night at the JV game. 

On 10/30/2019 at 4:16 PM, Mavchamp said:

Possible district championship on the line.....

Was expecting more from the WH folk this week.... 

Is this game at the 2A stadium in Whitehouse or is this game in Marshall? 

I think Marshall wins regardless. Just expect it to be closer in Whitehouse

Just now, dillonpanthers said:

Does Whitehouse have turf? I haven't been there in a long time. Guess they haven't done any renovations?

I’m trying to remember. I’m pretty sure they do. Nac at the time we were in district and Jacksonville were the only ones i remember not having turf in 2014 and 15.

26 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I’m trying to remember. I’m pretty sure they do. Nac at the time we were in district and Jacksonville were the only ones i remember not having turf in 2014 and 15.

Yeah they have turf. They’ve had it for awhile they also added more parking to the stadium.

5 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

I can not emphasize enough just how dirty Whitehouse is playing. Trying everything they can to bait us because they know they arent good enough to hang with us fairly.

I’ve never seen anything like it. 

Blantant punching. Swinging. Dragging. 

• Like 1