Kilgore @ Palestine

WhoamI97539

18 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

They really did. Kilgore couldn’t get anything going in the first half and Palestine got stops and shortened the game.

They had a great gameplan. shorten the game and keep Kilgore offense off the field. I am so glad that Coach Clark left us high and dry. Coach Angel was a blessing in disguise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 514 said:

I was told if Palestine won by 7 they would be in playoffs. Can anyone confirm this.

Pali gets beat by C H, Kilgore beats Carthage, Hendo beats Van would be crazy, but I believe that would leave Pali tied with Van for 4th and 5th. Van would go to playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Pali gets beat by C H, Kilgore beats Carthage, Hendo beats Van would be crazy, but I believe that would leave Pali tied with Van for 4th and 5th. Van would go to playoffs. 

Pretty sure that’s a scenario that nobody has to worry about....

On 10/27/2019 at 12:47 AM, wildcatphs said:

Palestine's problem has been the passing game. This team is built to run the ball and control clock. The want to keep the ball away from the opponent. If they can't move the ball on the ground, then we are in big trouble. Other than throw deep passes. There's really no passing threat. the QB is not accurate. So we rely heavy on the run. This kind of offense will not work in this district or playoffs. Defensively, we are ok, but our secondary has been giving up big plays in the passing game. most of our players go both ways, so I think Kilgore will win by 14. The 'Cats will be better next yr and contend for a playoff spot under Angel's 2nd yr. but proud of the fight this team has shown this yr.

I’m responding to your comment that Palestine isnt a passing threat because the qb isn’t t accurate. Just to be clear, your very wrong! The offense is a run dominate offense, they only throw the ball 8 to 10 times a game. And most of the pass plays call for the qb to rollout and throw on the run, mainly to his (left) weak side at that. He’s not that kind of an athlete ! He’s a pocket passer and on the few occasions he gets to settle in the pocket and throw off his back foot he’s money! 99% of his td’s were thrown when he had the ability to throw from the pocket. He’s not a Michael Vick, Lamar Jackson type qb, never gonna be. This offense doesn’t play to his strengths, they heavily play to his weaknesses as a passer but he doesn’t say a word, he makes the best of it! You obviously don’t know these details about him and formed a general uneducated opinion of him. Therefore I felt the need to educate and correct you. 

• Like 1