Elysian Fields @ New Diana

1jacket

Elysian Fields @ New Diana   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields @ New Diana

• Jackets
    • Eagles

20 minutes ago, HTaylor said:

If EF scores 30+, they win. If ND holds them under 20, ND wins. Anything in between is a toss up.

Β 

2 hours ago, Ksampson said:

Definitely could see a very low scoring game.

Nice of y'all to contribute. πŸ‘

Welcome back!! We've felt lonely just me and the other couple of ND fans. Let er rip and git'r done!! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ™Œ

• Stinks 2

1 hour ago, HTaylor said:

If EF scores 30+, they win. If ND holds them under 20, ND wins. Anything in between is a toss up.

I agree with this. EF's defense has gotten better the last 2 weeks in my opinion. The offense didn't pull there weight against Waskom. Not saying EF came close to shutting down Waskom, but they had a couple of stops and couple of turnovers to have a chance to change the game. The offense just didn't hold up there end of the deal. EF stopped PP about 5 drives and once again in the end, EF's offense didn't make the plays they needed. Too many dropped passes. New Diana's offense is pretty good and poses a different challenge for the defense. They can pass and run so EF will have to respect both. But I think the EFΒ defense and offense rises to the challenge this week.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, HTaylor said:

I will say this...ND kids are not soft. LackΒ talent and size, but play hard and play tough. Should be fun to watch finesse versus smash mouth defense. Should be a fun contrast to watch

Yea..I didn't say ND was soft...I said EF was. I disagree about the talent...ND has talent it's just not stud/superstar talent...they have athletic kids all over that bust their butts and play hard & tough every snap(that we agree on). Keke is special and needs to be better utilized imo...Zane is talented and is a workhorse...imo, ND has very decent size. Yes, I agree about the smash mouth style...it'll be fun to watch vs EF's "finess".Β 

I expect and look forward to a great game.Β 

• Stinks 1

4 hours ago, Jeff75645 said:

I think the ND offense is continuing to get better weekly and the defense is getting hot at the right time and can definitely pull out the win come Friday.Β 

Yea, the O has gotten better due to better Oline blocking and better decision making & scrambling by the QB. I hope both those areas continue to improve like they have.Β 

The D is playing lights out...like they were earlier in the season. Hopefully that continues and improves too.Β 

Btw, Welcome to SDC. Glad you're getting involved on here. We definitely need more ND fans/contributors on here. You need to talk to your bro-in-law and get himΒ on SDC...I've tried with him but he's being stubborn, lol.Β 

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

23 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Yea, the O has gotten better due to better Oline blocking and better decision making & scrambling by the QB. I hope both those areas continue to improve like they have.Β 

The D is playing lights out...like they were earlier in the season. Hopefully that continues and improves too.Β 

Btw, Welcome to SDC. Glad you're getting involved on here. We definitely need more ND fans/contributors on here. You need to talk to your bro-in-law and get himΒ on SDC...I've tried with him but he's being stubborn, lol.Β 

I tried the other day he may eventually.Β 

Man I can't say enough on how the guys have came together and really brought each other's level of play up. The oline will definitely need to keep their heads in the game and not let small mistakes get in their heads. But like I have stated before they have what it takes to be successful the rest of this season and into the post.

The defenseΒ  vs Harmony and DK is what we need week in and week out. I think some different guys got some play time on defense and really shined. A lot of depth, in my opinion, this year on the dline vs last year.Β  And the defense in general.

Zane is really working his tail off and he's been very successful. And the QB is doing a great job of improving weekly and I think confidence in the oline is building and he's making better decisions because of it. Just my .02

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff75645 said:

Man I can't say enough on how the guys have came together and really brought each other's level of play up. The oline will definitely need to keep their heads in the game and not let small mistakes get in their heads. But like I have stated before they have what it takes to be successful the rest of this season and into the post.

The defenseΒ  vs Harmony and DK is what we need week in and week out. I think some different guys got some play time on defense and really shined. A lot of depth, in my opinion, this year on the dline vs last year.Β  And the defense in general.

Zane is really working his tail off and he's been very successful. And the QB is doing a great job of improving weekly and I think confidence in the oline is building and he's making better decisions because of that. Just my .02

Good analysis. I agree. πŸ‘

Keep pestering my Cuz and I will too. I think he'd love SDC.Β 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jeff75645 said:

Zane is really working his tail off and he's been very successful. And the QB is doing a great job of improving weekly and I think confidence in the oline is building and he's making better decisions because of it. Just my .02

I said earlier in the year this team will hit you.Β  It's not just a couple of kids, but 13, 34, 8 and 21 are going to lay some hats on people.Β  I have a son that plays as well but just a junior, he said for the first time last night that practice went great.Β  I think ND is on a high right now and they are very eager to play Friday.Β  I do agree the kids seem to have finally come together.

I'm taking ND by 17.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Love it! More bulletin board material for them EF boys! Keep it coming! It’s the calm before the storm over here in EF!Β 

If themΒ EF boys need bulletin board material to get them motivated, thenΒ  they've already lost.Β 

Β 

Β 

• LOL! 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1