Elysian Fields @ New Diana

1jacket

Elysian Fields @ New Diana   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields @ New Diana

• Jackets
    • Eagles

This is just my opinion. 

EF is better than Diana. I saw Diana vs Waskom. Waskom played and called the worst game I have ever seen out of them since Keeling has been there. But saying that Diana has a lot to play for and I doubt EF kids care too much. But I was wrong about them against pewitt. Diana loses 25-21. EF can’t kick worth a #### 

15 minutes ago, justafan said:

This is just my opinion. 

EF is better than Diana. I saw Diana vs Waskom. Waskom played and called the worst game I have ever seen out of them since Keeling has been there. But saying that Diana has a lot to play for and I doubt EF kids care too much. But I was wrong about them against pewitt. Diana loses 25-21. EF can’t kick worth a #### 

I deal in facts. The fact is your wrong!! 😉😁

you-re-entitled-to-your-wrong-opinion.jpeg

• Stinks 1

10 hours ago, justafan said:

This is just my opinion. 

I believe those EF kids care more than the staff does. 

One day EF will hire a coach that can come in and evaluate his talent and put them in the best situation to succeed and not by doing it his way to make something work that he wants to work when the talent doesn't fit the system he wants, one day EF will hire a coach that can adjust during games when things aren't working, one day EF will hire a coach that isn't stubborn to make change to where it benefits the team over his own pride, but one day a change will come.

And when one does succeed like the good ones from the past, keep them around for more than two yrs, Chad Morris, Scott Tyner, Phil Castles, Ted Patton, EF should've awarded some off these coaches their due to keep them around, but EF got spoiled to thinking we could win with any coach every two yrs, the #1 thing I loved about those past coaches is, they was not soft coaches, but now that luck has ran out. 

Those who don't agree with me, well that's just too bad. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pax said:

Allow me to explain my rationale here.  Please slap me across the face if I'm missing something!!

First, I assume Waskom wins out - which they should do with their last two games against Queen City and Ore City.  This puts them at 4-3 in district.  Assuming this is the case, Waskom likely makes the playoffs.  But, from my running through all the scenarios, the only path that leads to Waskom potentially missing the playoffs requires that Elysian Fields beats New Diana.  Waskom holds the tie breaker over Elysian Fields and De Kalb, but they don't hold the tie breaker over New Diana.  The only way Waskom misses the playoffs is if they end up in a 3-way tie with New Diana and De Kalb - which will result in all three teams being 1-1 head-to-head - and then it goes to the second tie-breaker which is likely +/- margin.  Waskom's margin is +2 in these games.  If Elysian Fields beats New Diana by 4 or fewer points and DeKalb beats Elysian Fields by 12 or more points, Waskom misses the playoffs.  The fundamental prerequisite to all of this is New Diana being involved in a tie with Waskom, and New Diana can only end up at 4-3 if Elysian Fields wins this game.  So, because of this - while it is still unlikely Waskom misses the playoffs assuming they take care of business, they are better off with New Diana winning this game.  That way any potential tie would be with just one other team, and a team Waskom owns the outright tie-breaker against.  In other words, assuming Waskom takes care of business and wins out, they clinch the playoffs with a New Diana win over Elysian Fields.

How would all teams be 1-1 in head up games vs each other when New Diana beat both Dekalb and Waskom??

37 minutes ago, justafan said:

This is just my opinion. 

You my friend are delusional. 

• Stinks 1

28 minutes ago, TrumpTrain88 said:

How would all teams be 1-1 in head up games vs each other when New Diana beat both Dekalb and Waskom??

I think he meant IF EF and Waskom wins out and ND loses the last 2. That would put those 3 with the same district record. In this situation, EF would have beat ND, ND beat Waskom, & Waskom beat EF. Then the point system gets involved for the tie breaker. 

47 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I believe those EF kids care more than the staff does. 

One day EF will hire a coach that can come in and evaluate his talent and put them in the best situation to succeed and not by doing it his way to make something work that he wants to work when the talent doesn't fit the system he wants, one day EF will hire a coach that can adjust during games when things aren't working, one day EF will hire a coach that isn't stubborn to make change to where it benefits the team over his own pride, but one day a change will come.

And when one does succeed like the good ones from the past, keep them around for more than two yrs, Chad Morris, Scott Tyner, Phil Castles, Ted Patton, EF should've awarded some off these coaches their due to keep them around, but EF got spoiled to thinking we could when with any coach every two yrs, the #1 thing I loved about those past coaches is, they was not soft coaches, but now that luck has ran out. 

Those who don't agree with me, well that's just too bad. 

I am on your bandwagon! From what I have heard and seen, your first sentence is the most telling. They have some good assistants that put in the time and care though. 

46 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I am on your bandwagon! From what I have heard and seen, your first sentence is the most telling. They have some good assistants that put in the time and care though. 

That was more meant for the HC, I meant no disrespect on all the staff and I apologize for it meaning that way, I just know whatever the HC wants, the staff has to follow. 

2 hours ago, justafan said:

This is just my opinion. 

In the words of Ray Lewis...”you ain’t seen what you think you seen”

3 hours ago, TrumpTrain88 said:

I think I might have just jumbled my words.

If Elysian Fields beats New Diana and De Kalb....and New Diana loses to Daingerfield, and assuming Waskom wins out - and all of this is entirely plausible, you would have a three way tie for the 3 and 4 seeds with each team being 1-1 head-to-head.   It would then go to points, and I don't know enough about your district really.  Some districts do a positive/negative margin, some only consider the games they won and by how much and it's just called positive points.  WARNING : the following is a convoluted mess.

Waskom has played both teams. Their +/- figure is +2.  New Diana would be +7 minus the margin of victory for Elysian Fields.  Elysian Fields would be -9 plus their margin of victory over New Diana.

If this district uses positive points only, Waskom is +9, New Diana is +7, and Elysian Fields would be +whatever their margin of victory over New Diana is.

Here's what I don't know.  I don't know if the seedings are the order of these point systems - - or if they take the winner of the three, make them the 3 seed, and then revert back to head-to-head to break the tie between the other two. 

If they revert back to head-to-head, then these are the scenarios :

If you're Waskom, you don't want to be left with New Diana, so Elysian Fields would need to win the tie breaker for Waskom to miss the playoffs. 

Assuming the positive/negative system is used :

If Elysian Fields beats New Diana by 12 or more points, EF wins the 3-way tie breaker and the 3 seed, and New Diana would hold the head-to-head over Waskom and get 4.  Waskom would be out.

If only the positive points are considered, if Elysian Fields beats New Diana by 10 or more points, They'd get the 3, New Diana would be 4 and Waskom would be out.

If they do NOT revert back to head-to-head and the top two in the point system get the 3 and 4 seed, then here's the deal :

If they use +/-, and Elysian Fields wins by 4 or fewer points, New Diana is 3, Waskom is 4.  If Elysian Fields wins by 5, 6, or 7 points, Waskom is 3, New Diana is 4.  If Elysian Fields wins by 8, 9, 10, or 11 points, Waskom is 3, Elysian Fields is 4.  If Elysian Fields wins by 12 or more points, Elysian Fields is 3, Waskom is 4.

If they use positive points only, and Elysian Fields wins by fewer than 7 points, Waskom is 3, New Diana is 4.  If EF wins by 7, 8 or 9, Waskom is 3, Elysian Fields is 4.  If Elysian Fields wins by 10 or more, Elysian Fields gets 3, Waskom gets 4.

So, if they don't revert back to head-to-head and take the top two in the tie-breaker, then Waskom is already in.  There is no scenario where they miss the playoffs. 

Or, if you're Waskom, this entire headache can be avoided all together if New Diana beats Elysian Fields tonight and you'll get a scenario like Who's Line is it Anyway, where the points don't matter.  That's why I said Waskom would be better off with New Diana winning.

• Thanks 2