Elysian Fields @ New Diana

1jacket

Elysian Fields @ New Diana   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields @ New Diana

• Jackets
    • Eagles

2 hours ago, justafan said:

I know a lot of people don’t understand tie breakers and stuff a lot. But I’m going to give you a scenario. Also a lot of people don’t like Waskom because they have won so much. But I just like highschool football so they are ok to me. Even though I’m not supposed to like them. But let me explain Waskom Head coach might be the best coach in smallschool if not the best one of. If you were at the Waskom EF game you could truly tell he out coached EF. EF was more talented.  But here is where he is different. At the end of the game he took a knee at the ef 5 yard line when he might have scored. To put them up 16or 17 points. Which now would have mattered especially if EF beats Dekalb. Now they will all tie and waskom will be out. So all you EF people who hate Keeling. Might wanna say thank you if it turns out that way. I wonder if ford would have done the same? 

Same coach that wouldn’t shake hands with one of our kids and one of our coaches 

2 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

I don't think Keeling was thinking that for ahead, hard to determine another teams point outcome

Yeah, I think he wanted to run it up. Heck he didn’t even put EF’s name on the roster sheet handed out in the program! He put the team in white jerseys like the colleges do. Ohio St won’t allow M’s on there campus. Michigan won’t allow red to be worn on campus. Waskom won’t put EF’s name on the roster. So, I think someone talked him out of trying to score there. He ran plays all the way until he could cause EF didn’t have any timeouts left.  But you are right TDJ89, no way to really tell that early in the district schedule. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pax said:

The system used varies by district.  I think most districts use a positive/negative point system meaning you would take the total margin in the two head to head games for each team.  Other districts use positive only, so only the wins are considered.  I dont know which one this district uses.  

If its positive/negative :

EF +5

W +2

ND -7

If its positive only :

EF +14

W +9

ND +7

Elysian Fields looks to be in a good position.  They are in if they take care of business with DeKalb and Daingerfield beats New Diana.. And it appears it doesnt matter which point system is used.  The order is the same....so...

The question mark for me is how the tie breaker is handled. EF wins either way, so they get the 3 seed.  Who gets the 4 between Waskom and New Diana depends on if they take the top two in the points system as your 3 and 4, in which case Waskom gets the 4 seed.  Or if they take the top team in the point system, make them the 3, and then use head to head to break the tie between the other two - in which case New Diana would get the 4.  Someone familiar with how your district handles this would be able to sort this out.  Either way, EF is in a good spot, but still need help (which they will likely get in my opinion from Daingerfield), and need to take care of business.

I dont know why the UIL doesnt just adopt a universal tie-breaking system.  My gut (which is wrong a lot) says that they take the top two in the point system and EF and W are your 3 and 4 if this tie happens.

Thanks for this. Not to keep beating a dead horse but I am trying to figure out how you got the points? Does it just go by the games between the 3 teams tied? And is it just EF’s total from how many points they lost by against Waskom and how much they beat ND by? Is that where you get the points for the teams? Same for Waskom and ND? 

2 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Thanks for this. Not to keep beating a dead horse but I am trying to figure out how you got the points? Does it just go by the games between the 3 teams tied? And is it just EF’s total from how many points they lost by against Waskom and how much they beat ND by? Is that where you get the points for the teams? Same for Waskom and ND? 

Yes.  You only consider points in the games among the tied teams.  I capped EF at 14 because that's generally the case.  Some caps are higher, but it doesnt matter.  EF wins the tie breaker either way.  Maybe thats why it seems confusing.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pax said:

Yes.  You only consider points in the games among the tied teams.  I capped EF at 14 because that's generally the case.  Some caps are higher, but it doesnt matter.  EF wins the tie breaker either way.  Maybe thats why it seems confusing.

The cap is what got me! Thanks! 

5 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Yeah, I think he wanted to run it up. Heck he didn’t even put EF’s name on the roster sheet handed out in the program! He put the team in white jerseys like the colleges do. Ohio St won’t allow M’s on there campus. Michigan won’t allow red to be worn on campus. Waskom won’t put EF’s name on the roster. So, I think someone talked him out of trying to score there. He ran plays all the way until he could cause EF didn’t have any timeouts left.  But you are right TDJ89, no way to really tell that early in the district schedule. 

The visiting team emails the roster to the home team. And then the home team emails it to the person who makes the program. Waskom nor any other home team makes the visiting team roster. So if the roster just says white jersey on it that’s the way it was sent to Waskom. 

17 minutes ago, centex1 said:

The visiting team emails the roster to the home team. And then the home team emails it to the person who makes the program. Waskom nor any other home team makes the visiting team roster. So if the roster just says white jersey on it that’s the way it was sent to Waskom. 

Gotcha. I still wouldn't blame the home team for doing it that way. But that’s interesting you said that’s how it’s done. That just adds to some of my other questions and speculation. Thanks for the clarification on that. 

23 minutes ago, centex1 said:

Yeah but when they get they can make it however they want, which if they don't make it out fully, it would be silly for them not to, we all would like to know which players or which lol

7 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Who in the hell would’ve talked him out of scoring?

I seriously doubt that. Maybe he was trying to be respectful. Maybe not. Maybe he didn’t think about it. Only he would know. Or someone close to the situation. As far as the roster you people are not too close to ford are ya. He does that every game. Look at all the programs he just must send a list with kids name on it. Cause at diana it was the same thing.