Hooks (4-0) v Jefferson (2-2)

FlowJack

Hooks (7-1) v Jefferson (6-2)  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2019 at 05:00 PM

4 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Anybody see Jeffy winning this handily? Not saying it’s probable but I got Jefferson by 2 TDs. Maybe it’s because I watched MV get smoked by Jefferson 

You were spot on! I’m even in shock after last week.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I mean, Atlanta isn't a bad team when they're firing on all cylinders. 

I never said they were a bad team, just from what I’ve seen from Jefferson I am surprised they lost. Jefferson is a different animal at home, ATL should know that from last year. If they could just play like they do at home all the time they’d be tough to beat for anyone 

7 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

I never said they were a bad team, just from what I’ve seen from Jefferson I am surprised they lost. Jefferson is a different animal at home, ATL should know that from last year. If they could just play like they do at home all the time they’d be tough to beat for anyone 

Jefferson had more mistakes this week than they did last week lol. They didn't play bad last week. Hooks had way more chances to score than Atlanta did. 

I'll tell you where this game went wrong. The Hooks coach went into panic mode when they went down 14-0. Despite the score, Hooks o-line was the real deal. The QB had all day to throw the ball. They completely abandoned the running game when they got behind 14-0. Hooks gets the ball with 2:30 to go in the 2nd, and all 3 timeouts. Hooks called 4 consecutive pass plays. 1st was an interception (called back for pass interference, which I didn't see), the next 3 were all "should have been" picks. Hooks punts, Jeffy threws an INT on the first play. Hooks turns around and finally throws a pick that would stick, and Jeffy would eventually score to make it 21-0.

I will say this though. It's probably hard to abandon the passing game when the receivers are open. The Hooks QB missed on 6 or 7 wide open targets in the first half. Missed by maybe a foot. The kid can sling the ball, but he was just off. The running game I feel like was their strong suit though, especially considering how good their offensive line was (as advertised). Jefferson was sending 5-6 defenders early, and got zero pressure. Hooks drove right down the field in a 6 minute drive. Jefferson did adjust, but I still felt like Hooks abandoned the running game way too early. 

• Like 2

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Jefferson had more mistakes this week than they did last week lol. They didn't play bad last week. Hooks had way more chances to score than Atlanta did. 

I'll tell you where this game went wrong. The Hooks coach went into panic mode when they went down 14-0. Despite the score, Hooks o-line was the real deal. The QB had all day to throw the ball. They completely abandoned the running game when they got behind 14-0. Hooks gets the ball with 2:30 to go in the 2nd, and all 3 timeouts. Hooks called 4 consecutive pass plays. 1st was an interception (called back for pass interference, which I didn't see), the next 3 were all "should have been" picks. Hooks punts, Jeffy threws an INT on the first play. Hooks turns around and finally throws a pick that would stick, and Jeffy would eventually score to make it 21-0.

I will say this though. It's probably hard to abandon the passing game when the receivers are open. The Hooks QB missed on 6 or 7 wide open targets in the first half. Missed by maybe a foot. The kid can sling the ball, but he was just off. The running game I feel like was their strong suit though, especially considering how good their offensive line was (as advertised). Jefferson was sending 5-6 defenders early, and got zero pressure. Hooks drove right down the field in a 6 minute drive. Jefferson did adjust, but I still felt like Hooks abandoned the running game way too early. 

Agreed 100%. Even when they came out in the 2nd half there was no energy from them at all. You could tell they were done for the night. I was surprised of the size Hooks has, even the qb. I figured they would have some fight but nothing. Really don't think they were ready for how quick Jeffy was. Other than Black and #5 qb for Jeffy who else do they have that helps the offense? They really didn't have to use anyone else. 

10 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Agreed 100%. Even when they came out in the 2nd half there was no energy from them at all. You could tell they were done for the night. I was surprised of the size Hooks has, even the qb. I figured they would have some fight but nothing. Really don't think they were ready for how quick Jeffy was. Other than Black and #5 qb for Jeffy who else do they have that helps the offense? They really didn't have to use anyone else. 

Yep. That may be a problem for Atlanta next week as well, because we don't have speed at the QB position. Gonna have to do all we can to wear them big boys out up front though.