Tenaha Tigers (4-4, 1-3) at Joaquin Rams (7-1, 4-0)

trueblue82

Rams or Tigers?   

44 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Tigers?

The Tenaha Tigers find themselves in very unfamiliar territory this week. They are literally on the brink of being eliminated from playoff contention. To get in, they need to win their last two, then get a little help from some district rivals, the Timpson Bears. And winning out won’t be an easy task. The first one of those wins they have to get is Friday night at Ram Stadium in Joaquin, where they will take on the district leading Joaquin Rams. The Rams have already clinched a playoff spot after their 27-10 win over Beckville got them to 4-0 in district play. A win over Tenaha, coupled with a Garrison win over Harleton, will clinch the District 11AA D1 title for the Rams with a week to play. Some people say that the Tigers are already looking to basketball season. I’m not so sure. I think there’s too much pride in that program to just phone it in. On top of that, it’s Joaquin/ Tenaha. A ram win means the Tenaha seniors will be the first class in 13 years to graduate with back to back losses to Joaquin. I’m expecting an all out effort from the Tigers. The Rams have to do a better job of “putting teams away” when they have the chance. Two weeks in a row, we’ve left points on the field in the second half due to penalties or missed assignments. Those points keeping our opponents in games that should be decided before the fourth quarter clock starts ticking. That said, I’m expecting a hard fought game Friday night, with the Rams grinding out another W. 

8 minutes ago, OLEMAN said:

Wow!!!  What has happened at Tenaha?  I honestly would never expected them to have this many losses.  Especially in district.  I guess all teams have to rebuild from time to time. Tenny usually just reloads

They are really thin up front this year. Loaded with athletes, but not much blocking help. When you can’t establish the run, you’re behind the eight ball. 

1 minute ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

A Tenaha team with their back to the wall plus the fact it’s a Joaquin/Tenaha game where it’s an absolute fight every time is going to make for a long night I’m afraid. I’m predicting this one goes down to the wire. Won by a Bravo field goal

Rams by 14, the last td coming late in fourth for survival space.. 

On 10/26/2019 at 10:07 AM, trueblue82 said:

They are really thin up front this year. Loaded with athletes, but not much blocking help. When you can’t establish the run, you’re behind the eight ball. 

If the HC will make the switch to QB2 this game could get interesting.  For whatever reason, and I don’t know them all, the Tigers don’t have the same team chemistry that they have had in recent years.  I believe the team would respond favorably to QB2 and play at a higher level.  But what do I know????

12 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

If the HC will make the switch to QB2 this game could get interesting.  For whatever reason, and I don’t know them all, the Tigers don’t have the same team chemistry that they have had in recent years.  I believe the team would respond favorably to QB2 and play at a higher level.  But what do I know????

Agree, team chemistry and discipline both missing

Funny all these people talkn about team chemistry and discipline...... anytime a team isn’t winning as much as they think they should then there is unrest...... and when it’s a collection of players that haven’t grown up together and majority of move ins then it’s gonna be even more difficult to try and gel together 

46 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Funny all these people talkn about team chemistry and discipline...... anytime a team isn’t winning as much as they think they should then there is unrest...... and when it’s a collection of players that haven’t grown up together and majority of move ins then it’s gonna be even more difficult to try and gel together 

I have seen the Tigers play once this year, against Beckville.  I had several long time Tiger fans tell me the same thing at the game.  So if we can see it surely Coach can too.  QB1 would still play every snap on defense.  It’s up to him to make the move if he wants different results.  If not they will get an early start on basketball.