UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

No not even close I didn’t think Carthage would have that many since they were on the low end last time I’m surprised 

If they keep the same number of schools in 6A and 5A as the last two years, my guess is the cutoff will be between 814 and 834.  
Lot of West Texas schools and others outside the big cities a few miles that had 800 to 1200 students have grown 50 to 150 students in 2 years. 

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

What do you do with Sherman then?

Then we also can’t forget that T High is on the verge of dropping as well. 

I’m thinking...

Longview, John Tyler, North Forney, Mesquite Poteet, West Mesquite and Wylie East. But I have no idea what you do with Sherman. You almost have to include them. 

Is Longview that Close to dropping? 

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

What do you do with Sherman then?

Then we also can’t forget that T High is on the verge of dropping as well. 

I’m thinking...

Longview, John Tyler, North Forney, Mesquite Poteet, West Mesquite and Wylie East. But I have no idea what you do with Sherman. You almost have to include them. 

What did texas high turn in

I hear Hooks and RW will drop to D2.  New Boston is smaller than they have been since I moved there in 79.  Small town E Texas schools are just drying up.  The ball is rolling downhill and I see nothing that can stop it. Not many families have a large number of kids anymore

• Like 1

Ok, I'm going to try a more educated guess with what we know.

Right now, Longview is going to be counted as going down.
Royse City and North Forney should be also be moving up to D1.
Sherman was at 1,937 last go around, so I don't think they're going down.
We still haven't heard about Texas High, so until we have a number, we'll consider them D1.
We did find out from Stepp/DCTF that Mesquite Poteet turned in 1,813 so that is 5A D2 numbers.

So that gives us Longview, John Tyler, Sherman, West Mesquite, Wylie East, North Forney, Royse City, Texas High and McKinney North on the east side of things. Do they do an 9-team district? It's possible. They might not have a choice.

Highland Park has turned in a number that's mighty close to 6A. Lancaster will stay D1, Mansfield Legacy & Timberview will have Mansfield Summit join them from 6A. None of the DISD schools should drop.

But then you have a ton of schools over in the West DFW area that seem to be moving up. Aledo will be right on the line, Burleson Centennial turned in numbers very close to 1900, Cleburne turned in numbers above 1900. 

It'll be really interesting to see what they do out West. El Paso Eastwood doesn't have a number out, but they were up against the line last alignment. El Paso Eastlake is over 2300, so they're moving up. El Paso Chapin is below the 5A D2 line now so they're dropping. That's potentially just three El Paso schools. They'd have to put with them with the Lubbock/Amarillo schools, which would create a ripple effect as Region I would be down to just 3 districts. 

But really, I think the district has to be a 9-team district cause there's just no where for anyone else to go...so...
- John Tyler
- Longview
- McKinney North 
- North Forney 
- Royse City
- Sherman
- Texas High
- West Mesquite
- Wylie East

If Texas High drops, then an 8-team district would be perfect imo. 

I think the rivalry between Lufkin and Longview is always better when both teams are in the same classification. Just hope like i did back in 2014, both teams can be in different regions. So...at least we or even JT can have that chance at doing what Henderson and I think Chill did a few years ago and play in the title game. That would be crazy for East Texas. Again...I’m probably dreaming. Just hope the UIL give us that chance. 

10 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I think the rivalry between Lufkin and Longview is always better when both teams are in the same classification. Just hope like i did back in 2014, both teams can be in different regions. So...at least we or even JT can have that chance at doing what Henderson and I think Chill did a few years ago and play in the title game. That would be crazy for East Texas. Again...I’m probably dreaming. Just hope the UIL give us that chance. 

Would love for it to happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath lol. Who knows though. 

I've always been a little shocked they didn't include the Austin area in R2 over the Houston area (which I consider y'all to be now). We've seen it slowly occur in 6A/top class so maybe they change things, especially with Temple being rumored to drop and we know Pflguerville Hendrickson is dropping for sure. Though it looks like Hutto is moving to 6A so maybe that doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

- John Tyler
- Longview
- McKinney North 
- North Forney 
- Royse City
- Sherman
- Texas High
- West Mesquite
- Wylie East

If Texas High drops, then an 8-team district would be perfect imo. 

With North Forney and RC likely moving up to D-1....  and Texas High was to drop to D-2... that perfectly creates two 8 team 5A districts in East Texas.  BUT.... I don't know if there are any 4A-D1 Eastern DFW schools moving up to 5A that could throw a monkey wrench into that.

8-5A
Texas High
Ennis
Corsicana
Greenville
Sulphur Springs
Forney
Kaufman
Terrell

9-5A
Marshall
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Nacogdoches
Lindale
Mount Pleasant

Those Texarkana to Corsicana (206 miles) and Ennis (225 miles) trips are brutal to think about.  

They could end up dropping Corsi and Ennis from that district and move MP back up to the I-30 corridor.

Ennis and Corsi could go down I-35 or join a southern DFW district.

Or they could end up in East Texas' south district again.....slightly altered from the one back in 2015-ish

Marshall
Ennis
Corsicana
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Lindale

Marshall to Ennis (155 miles).  Marshall to Corsicana (173 miles).
Nacogdoches to Ennis (178 miles).  Nacogdoches to Corsicana (156 miles)

Snapshot numbers are being reported. 

Bases on the limited amount of information we have....  we could see anywhere from very little change all the way to wholesale changes for East Texas 5A Division II.

Here is what is being speculated thus far:

1.  No one in EAST TEXAS 4A Div I appears to be moving up.  Now.... there is a caveat to that.  The North 5A District (8-5A) includes portions of the Eastern metroplex... so there is always a chance that a school could be moving up from the metro areas.  

2.  Texas High could be dropping from 5A Div II.... but it's not 100%.

3. The North 5A district could see 2 teams move up to Div I:  Royse City and North Forney.  They would likely join the current district with John Tyler, Mesquite, etc.

No one in 9-5A appears to be moving up or down. 

So what does UIL do... if in fact Texas High moves down and RC and NF move up?

This could mix things up between 8-5A and 9-5A to ATTEMPT to make a more geographically friendly map for Texas High..... and ultimately MP.   But it could add to travel miseries for Nac, Marshall, Hallsville, and PT.

--------

With North Forney and RC likely moving up to D-1....  and if Texas High was to drop to D-2... that perfectly creates two 8 team 5A districts in East Texas.  BUT....not knowing if there are any 4A-D1 Eastern DFW schools moving up to 5A  throws a monkey wrench into that.

8-5A
Texas High
Ennis
Corsicana
Greenville
Sulphur Springs
Forney
Kaufman
Terrell

9-5A
Marshall
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Nacogdoches
Lindale
Mount Pleasant

The Problem........

Those Texarkana to Corsicana (206 miles) and Ennis (225 miles) trips are brutal to think about.  

UIL could end up dropping Corsi and Ennis from that district and move MP back up to the I-30 corridor.

Or they could end up in East Texas' south district again.....slightly altered from the one back in 2015-ish

8-5A
Texas High
Mount Pleasant
Greenville
Sulphur Springs
Forney
Kaufman
Terrell
Lindale*

*LINDALE could go either way........

9-5A
Marshall
Ennis
Corsicana
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Lindale*

---------

Now...if Texas High stays in 5A-Div I...... I'd be willing to bet we see very little changes.  Maybe none.

8-5A
Ennis
Corsicana
Greenville
Sulphur Springs
Forney
Kaufman
Terrell

9-5A
Marshall
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Nacogdoches
Lindale
Mount Pleasant

11 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Snapshot numbers are being reported. 

Bases on the limited amount of information we have....  we could see anywhere from very little change all the way to wholesale changes for East Texas 5A Division II.

Here is what is being speculated thus far:

1.  No one in EAST TEXAS 4A Div I appears to be moving up.  Now.... there is a caveat to that.  The North 5A District (8-5A) includes portions of the Eastern metroplex... so there is always a chance that a school could be moving up from the metro areas.  

2.  Texas High could be dropping from 5A Div II.... but it's not 100%.

3. The North 5A district could see 2 teams move up to Div I:  Royse City and North Forney.  They would likely join the current district with John Tyler, Mesquite, etc.

No one in 9-5A appears to be moving up or down. 

So what does UIL do... if in fact Texas High moves down and RC and NF move up?

This could mix things up between 8-5A and 9-5A to ATTEMPT to make a more geographically friendly map for Texas High..... and ultimately MP.   But it could add to travel miseries for Nac, Marshall, Hallsville, and PT.

--------

With North Forney and RC likely moving up to D-1....  and if Texas High was to drop to D-2... that perfectly creates two 8 team 5A districts in East Texas.  BUT....not knowing if there are any 4A-D1 Eastern DFW schools moving up to 5A  throws a monkey wrench into that.

8-5A
Texas High
Ennis
Corsicana
Greenville
Sulphur Springs
Forney
Kaufman
Terrell

9-5A
Marshall
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Nacogdoches
Lindale
Mount Pleasant

The Problem........

UIL could end up dropping Corsi and Ennis from that district and move MP back up to the I-30 corridor.

8-5A
Texas High
Mount Pleasant
Greenville
Sulphur Springs
Forney
Kaufman
Terrell
Lindale*

*LINDALE could go either way........

9-5A
Marshall
Ennis
Corsicana
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Lindale*

---------

Now...if Texas High stays in 5A-Div I...... I'd be willing to bet we see very little changes.  Maybe none.

8-5A
Ennis
Corsicana
Greenville
Sulphur Springs
Forney
Kaufman
Terrell

9-5A
Marshall
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Nacogdoches
Lindale
Mount Pleasant

Would the UIL do this??

If Forney opts to go with NF and RC

Would they split the district NE and NW

1.Nac

2.Jax

3.WH

4.Cana

5.Ennis

6.Kaufman

7.Terrell

The Nac/Cana dynamic would be interesting!!

Other District being

1.Marshall

2.MP

3.Hallsville

4.TH

5.PT

6.SS

7.Greenville

8.Lindale

It's possible!

But I can't imagine Forney opting up.... they aren't even competing in their D2 district..... moving up to D1 would be even worse for them IMHO.

Districts shouldn't make decisions like that to save on travel expenses.  You do what's best for your students.... which means leaving them in D2.

JMHO.

• Mr. P changed the title to 🚨 SNAPSHOT DAY 🚨
  • Mr. P locked this topic
  • RETIREDFAN1 unpinned this topic