UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

Just now, Mavchamp said:

It's possible!

But I can't imagine Forney opting up.... they aren't even competing in their D2 district..... moving up to D1 would be even worse for them IMHO.

Districts shouldn't make decisions like that to save on travel expenses.  You do what's best for your students.... which means leaving them in D2.

JMHO.

I agree with you, but I have a lot of contacts in Forney and North Forney and there is a lot of talk that they are tied to each other. I guess we will see what they do.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Nacwagons said:

I agree with you, but I have a lot of contacts in Forney and North Forney and there is a lot of talk that they are tied to each other. I guess we will see what they do.

It would be a shame IMHO do it.... but it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a school district make a boneheaded decision based mostly on money.

TBH.... all this hinges on what number Texas High turned in.  If they don't drop I don't think we see much change for Div II.  But that 5A Div I district explodes with RC, NF, and possibly Longview all moving into the neighborhood.

Numbers are hard to find this year.  I still don't even know what Marshall turned in . 

28 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Forney isd opting up for Forney would be very stupid

I agree. 

If they are struggling against schools quite a bit smaller than them in Div II....... then being a little fish in Div I makes absolutely no sense.  Esp when you consider those big fish could be Longview, JT, and company.

On 10/25/2019 at 5:47 PM, Nick2011 said:

Seen where New Diana had 344... Looks like they will be moving up. How y’all feel about that @TTman7 @Eagle27

Yea, I heard 344 too. That's 10 over last cycle's cutoff number I think. More than likely are moving up to D1. 

Me personally, I don't like it. I don't think we'll be able to compete in D1. We've only sporadically competed in D2 over the years. I don't think we've got much coming up regarding athletes/players either. 

29 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

You think THigh will drop?

not sure, commenting on if they do. Seems you what an East & a west district. Roads are better north/south in my opinion. Only schools that are easy drives for Texarkana in the scenario presented are Sulphur Springs and Greenville (while driving through Mt Pleasant). 

• Mr. P changed the title to 🚨 SNAPSHOT DAY 🚨
  • Mr. P locked this topic
  • RETIREDFAN1 unpinned this topic