UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

26 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Ok. I have a Brother up there and they sure are hoping they stay D2 for 2 more years. The move up will be inevitable soon, if not this realignment. They are finally fielding a competitive D2 team. 

Happy to see RC win.  When we played them in 2014 and 2015 you could definitely  tell they were on the way up. 

But it would be tough for them to compete in that D1 district IMHO.  Especially if Longview dropped... and you still have annual winners like Poteet and up and coming West Mesquite and McKinney North. If Texas High is having trouble competing.... it would be a nightmare for RC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Happy to see RC win.  When we played them in 2014 and 2015 you could definitely  tell they were on the way up. 

But it would be tough for them to compete in that D1 district IMHO.  Especially if Longview dropped... and you still have annual winners like Poteet and up and coming West Mesquite and McKinney North. If Texas High is having trouble competing.... it would be a nightmare for RC

Poteet is dropping to D2 based on the numbers they've submitted. 

8-5A
Texas High
Sulphur Springs
Marshall
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Lindale
Mount Pleasant
Greenville

9-5A
Nacogdoches
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Forney
Terrell
Crandall
Ennis 
Corsicana

So i looked and could'nt find Lindale's #, are we sure they are staying up?

If so then Kaufman and Tx High are the wild cards in this. Any chance they split Dallas Seagoville from the Dallas distirct and move them with

Kaufman

Forney

Ennis

Corsicana

Crandall

Terrell 

45 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Poteet is dropping to D2 based on the numbers they've submitted. 

This could effect how they arrange the teams for the ET distirct as well.

maybe changes the conversation and prevents crandall, forney, terrell, ennis and corsicana coming east. 

9 hours ago, swaha said:

PG is "limited", meaning you have to apply...acceptance is based on grades, test scores, disciplinary record, and room in the grade level. For example, I do not think PG can accept any transfers in to the 9th grade because they do not have room in that class. They have over 225 9th graders. A student would have to physically live in the district. As far as moving for athletic purposes, as long as the transfer sits out a year, then he /she is eligible the following year for varsity sports. 

so a kid could transfer to any school his fresh or soph yr because sitting out in any of the first 2 yrs isn't a big deal because you probably be on fresh or JV anyway. I guess there are loopholes around everything.

3 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

so a kid could transfer to any school his fresh or soph yr because sitting out in any of the first 2 yrs isn't a big deal because you probably be on fresh or JV anyway. I guess there are loopholes around everything.

Yes. It is happening at schools all over the state. 

On 10/27/2019 at 10:11 AM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Is that a district that you could see PP in? That would be disastrous for Queen City. They could go another two years without a win. 

WR has steadily grown for 4 years in a row. I don’t see them dropping anytime soon. 

On 10/27/2019 at 10:01 AM, justafan said:

To me this is one of the best times of highschool football. Obviously playoffs are the best. But this is fun to me to try and figure out where everyone will land. I haven’t come close in the last few. But here are some early predictions from an old football guy 

New Diana Queen City goes up lands with 

Jefferson atlanta new Boston Queen City and Tatum. 

Hooks Redwater Hughes springs come down 

harelton up 

Hughes daingerfield hooks ore city harelton pewitt Dekalb 

west rusk drops 

EF Waskom Troup Arp Winona West Rusk

not sure about a few that could shake it up 

Garrison Frankston Harmony Alba golden Quitman I didn’t see there #. So ????? But it’s a fun start. Let me hear ur thoughts 

WR won’t drop back down to D2.