UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

59 minutes ago, swaha said:

That is not a correct statement. Go back and read what I originally wrote. I never said the most diverse...one of the most diverse. There are others more diverse.

I'll stand by my statement that PG is the lease diverse out of PG, Texas,  Arkansas and LE. 

But the demographics have shifted in PG. No doubt about that. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

I'll stand by my statement that PG is the lease diverse out of PG, Texas,  Arkansas and LE. 

But the demographics have shifted in PG. No doubt about that. 

I think you guys read it as most diverse and that is incorrect. Maybe it is the least, but I am too lazy to drill down data of all of the area schools.  Most people interpret it as black and white; however, there are other ethnic groups that students identify as.

4 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

I agree.   You can’t say one of the most when it is the least 

You totally mis-quoted a statement. You read it as most diverse, when I never stated that. There is a difference in the two statements. If I thought is was the most diverse, I would have said "is the most diverse". 

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

I was looking like ### is he talking about lol

2 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Not arguing that. Your statement was the most diverse in Texarkana.  It is the least.  Not a knock.....just a fact as you said

I’m thinking....

24661ACD-CA1D-48B2-A11F-D8445A28048A.jpeg

• LOL! 3

Want to see diverse?  

Walk the halls of Texas High, Longview, Marshall, Nacogdoches, Lufkin.....

That’s where you’ll see diversity.  

70% plus of ANY race is the opposite of diverse. Especially when that percentage is Caucasian.  PG is a 4A version of Hallsville and Whitehouse. 

Not saying that’s a bad thing  just saying it’s a statistical fact.  

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, swaha said:

I guess it depends on how one views it. At one time, PG could not take any white transfer students.  PG is one of the most diverse schools in Texarkana. It is still predominately white. I think it is around 70% white.

Your quote sir

There are 4 school systems in Texarkana. You cannot be one of the most and last at the same time.   But carry on.   Nobody is calling out PG. Just that statement. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Want to see diverse?  

Walk the halls of Texas High, Longview, Marshall, Nacogdoches, Lufkin.....

That’s where you’ll see diversity.  

70% plus of ANY race is the opposite of diverse. Especially when that percentage is Caucasian.  PG is a 4A version of Hallsville and Whitehouse. 

Not saying that’s a bad thing  just saying it’s a statistical fact.  

Also very similar numbers to Spring Hill

Just now, THSfanatic said:

Your quote sir

'Is the most diverse school'  means no other school is or diverse as PG.

'Is one of the most diverse schools" means there are other schools that are probably more diverse than PG.

Whether one agrees with me or not, is a matter of opinion. My issue is do not quote that I said PG is the most diverse school. I never said that. 

I view diversity as multiple ethnic groups, not just black and white. Evidently, other publications agree that PG is diverse. 

12 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Your quote sir

There are 4 school systems in Texarkana. You cannot be one of the most and last at the same time.   But carry on.   Nobody is calling out PG. Just that statement. 

I had to go back and look like maybe i got something wrong. He definitely said it..

2 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Not arguing that. Your statement was the most diverse in Texarkana.  It is the least.  Not a knock.....just a fact as you said

This is the statement that is incorrect.....the most diverse in Texarkana.

6 minutes ago, swaha said:

'Is the most diverse school'  means no other school is or diverse as PG.

'Is one of the most diverse schools" means there are other schools that are probably more diverse than PG.

Whether one agrees with me or not, is a matter of opinion. My issue is do not quote that I said PG is the most diverse school. I never said that. 

I view diversity as multiple ethnic groups, not just black and white. Evidently, other publications agree that PG is diverse. 

It doesn’t matter. 
PG could have Asians, Pacific Islanders, Tasmanian, Japanese and 15 other races that no other school has and it STILL wouldn’t make it diverse. 

Why?

Because even with all those other races.... it’s still has a single race in the 70s percentile. 

At the end of the day PG is 70-plus percent Caucasian.  Why?  Because of math.  Period!

That 30% could include 100 different races....and PG STILL would not be diverse.  It would still be a WIDELY majority school. Why?  Because of math. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

For reference  Schooldigger.com shows:

PG high school: 74%white, 13%af. American, 6% hisp.

Texas High:  41% white, 40% af am, 13% hisp

LE: 51% af am , 38%white, 6% hisp

Arkansas High: 52% af am, 40% white, 5% hisp

Definitely wouldn't call PG one of the most diverse 

All of these I listed have 3 ethnic groups stats.

1 minute ago, Mavchamp said:

It doesn’t matter. 
PG could have Asians, Pacific Islanders, Tasmanian, Japanese and 15 other races that no other school has and it STILL wouldn’t make it diverse. 

Why?

Because even with all those other races.... it’s still has a single race in the 70s percentile. 

At the end of the day PG is 70-plus percent Caucasian.  Why?  Because of math.  Period!

That 30% could include 100 different races....and PG STILL would not be diverse.  It would still be a WIDELY majority school. Why?  Because of math. 

This

4 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

It doesn’t matter. 

Why?

Exactly.

1 minute ago, Mavchamp said:

It doesn’t matter. 

Why?

Again, my argument is not any of this. Not you, but Do not quote that I said PG is the most diverse school in Texarkana. That is incorrect. 

19 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

It doesn’t matter. 

Why?

Again, all opinions. I believe it is the Wall Street Journal that has very good interactive map of all of the US schools. For PG, it is rated newly diversed. I do not remember all of the criteria that went in to these ratings, but I would think it came from the Department of Education for the Wall Street Journal to have the data.

Correction...Washington Post. Very insightful and informative for school diversity data.

1 hour ago, swaha said:

Again, all opinions

Opinions???

No sir.  They are mathematical FACTS.  Numbers don’t lie. 

So PG is more diverse than say Whitehouse or Hallsville.... Spring Hill . Or South Oak Cliff  or Houston Yates.  Or Brownsville Rivera or El Paso Bellaire.  

I’ll accept those mathematical facts. They ALL have a LARGE population of a single race.  Therefore the are NOT diverse.  Even though they are majority minority.

So yes.... PG is in fact more diverse than any of them and others like them.  

But let’s compare PG to say Killeen HS... or Temple... or Waco.... Denton... or Odessa Permian... or Longview... or Midland... Lufkin... Amarillo....Greenville....  Huntsville....Marshall... Corsicana.... hell... Carthage... Henderson... list goes on and on and on

PG is in FACT LESS diverse than any of these... and in fact less diverse than most schools in East Texas. 

Thats not opinion. It’s a mathematical fact. And I can post the numbers to everyone of them to prove the MATH is factual. 

But yes. Point of view matters. 

PG IS more diverse than some. 

But it is unequivocally less diverse than most. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

8-5A
Texas High
Sulphur Springs
Marshall
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Lindale
Mount Pleasant
Greenville

9-5A
Nacogdoches
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Forney
Terrell
Crandall
Ennis 
Corsicana

So i looked and could'nt find Lindale's #, are we sure they are staying up?

If so then Kaufman and Tx High are the wild cards in this. Any chance they split Dallas Seagoville from the Dallas distirct and move them with

Kaufman

Forney

Ennis

Corsicana

Crandall

Terrell 

The top two make sense.... with or without Texas High dropping.  

Then again....so does that bottom one....which would eviscerate the Southern ETX 5A district. where would Jax, Nac, and WH go then?

Easier to slide The I-30 schools together.  How about this: 

8-5A
Texas High
Sulphur Springs
Terrell 
Forney
Royse City 
Mount Pleasant
Greenville

9-5A
Nacogdoches
Whitehouse