Pine tree

Lindale 
Terrell
Forney
Crandall
Corsicana
Ennis
Kaufman 

It would still be fun for TH. I'm sure they would be very happy if they are dropping.  Even with the travel. They are already traveling to Sherman,  mckinney, mesquite

7 hours ago, swaha said:

Again, all opinions. I believe it is the Wall Street Journal that has very good interactive map of all of the US schools. For PG, it is rated newly diversed. I do not remember all of the criteria that went in to these ratings, but I would think it came from the Department of Education for the Wall Street Journal to have the data.

Correction...Washington Post. Very insightful and informative for school diversity data.

I was interested, so I looked up this map. It is an interesting tool. PG is rated as newly diverse. Texarkana, Texarkana Arkansas and LE are rated as Historically Diverse. 

And just incase anyone is interested, Spring Hill, Whitehouse and Hallsville are all also labeled as newly diverse. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 9:01 AM, justafan said:

To me this is one of the best times of highschool football. Obviously playoffs are the best. But this is fun to me to try and figure out where everyone will land. I haven’t come close in the last few. But here are some early predictions from an old football guy 

New Diana Queen City goes up lands with 

Jefferson atlanta new Boston Queen City and Tatum. 

Hooks Redwater Hughes springs come down 

harelton up 

Hughes daingerfield hooks ore city harelton pewitt Dekalb 

west rusk drops 

EF Waskom Troup Arp Winona West Rusk

not sure about a few that could shake it up 

Garrison Frankston Harmony Alba golden Quitman I didn’t see there #. So ????? But it’s a fun start. Let me hear ur thoughts 

Is Beckville staying or do they have the numbers to move up?

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Opinions???

No sir.  They are mathematical FACTS.  Numbers don’t lie. 

So PG is more diverse than say Whitehouse or Hallsville.... Spring Hill . Or South Oak Cliff  or Houston Yates.  Or Brownsville Rivera or El Paso Bellaire.  

I’ll accept those mathematical facts. They ALL have a LARGE population of a single race.  Therefore the are NOT diverse.  Even though they are majority minority.

So yes.... PG is in fact more diverse than any of them and others like them.  

But let’s compare PG to say Killeen HS... or Temple... or Waco.... Denton... or Odessa Permian... or Longview... or Midland... Lufkin... Amarillo....Greenville....  Huntsville....Marshall... Corsicana.... hell... Carthage... Henderson... list goes on and on and on

PG is in FACT LESS diverse than any of these... and in fact less diverse than most schools in East Texas. 

Thats not opinion. It’s a mathematical fact. And I can post the numbers to everyone of them to prove the MATH is factual. 

But yes. Point of view matters. 

PG IS more diverse than some. 

But it is unequivocally less diverse than most. 

It doesn’t matter. 
PG could have Asians, Pacific Islanders, Tasmanian, Japanese and 15 other races that no other school has and it STILL wouldn’t make it diverse

Why?

Because even with all those other races.... it’s still has a single race in the 70s percentile. 

At the end of the day PG is 70-plus percent Caucasian.  Why?  Because of math.  Period!

That 30% could include 100 different races....and PG STILL would not be diverse.  It would still be a WIDELY majority school. Why?  Because of math. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is documentation that says otherwise on the above bold statement that you made....hence the opinion comment.  Since then you have come back and said PG is more diverse.

How, one interprets the context or draws a conclusion of my original statement is up to them. I do not like that a poster attributes a quote to me that is inaccurate and never acknowledges the inaccuracy. One can disagree with my statement.....which is why we have these forums.

8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

The top two make sense.... with or without Texas High dropping.  

Then again....so does that bottom one....which would eviscerate the Southern ETX 5A district. where would Jax, Nac, and WH go then?

Easier to slide The I-30 schools together.  How about this: 

8-5A
Texas High
Sulphur Springs
Terrell 
Forney
Royse City 
Mount Pleasant
Greenville

9-5A
Nacogdoches
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Hallsville
Marshall
Lindale
Pine tree

I say RC stays D2 to make this happen. 

Unless I'm mistaken, outside of Texas High the above district would be a district of the cellar dwellers. 

What's about Kaufman in this scenario? Also, what would be the issue in sticking with the basketball districts currently and replicating those for football?

I'm thinking of something like the 2016 alignments? 

District 17
Corsicana
Ennis
Jacksonville
Lindale
Nacogdoches
Whitehouse

District 16
Greenville
Hallsville
Longview Pine Tree
Marshall
Mount Pleasant
Sulphur Springs
Texarkana Texas

• Like 1

Based on absolutely nothing at all......probably the same method used by the UIL.......:rofl:

6A          2200 and above

5A DI     1850-2199

5A DII    1160-1849

4A DI     800-1159

4A DII    515-799

3A DI     345-514

3A DII    235-344

2A DI    171.5- 234

2A DII   110-171.4

1A DI     65.5-109.9

1A DII    65 and below

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

This would be fun unless your Texas High

Texas High
Mount Pleasant
Nacogdoches
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Hallsville
Marshall
Sulphur Springs
Pine tree

Lindale 
Terrell
Forney
Crandall
Corsicana
Ennis
Kaufman 

I bet TH would prefer that over going to mesquite.

17 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

The top two make sense.... with or without Texas High dropping.  

Then again....so does that bottom one....which would eviscerate the Southern ETX 5A district. where would Jax, Nac, and WH go then?

Easier to slide The I-30 schools together.  How about this: 

8-5A
Texas High
Sulphur Springs
Terrell 
Forney
Royse City 
Mount Pleasant
Greenville

9-5A
Nacogdoches
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Hallsville
Marshall
Lindale
Pine tree

I say RC stays D2 to make this happen. 

I just wonder would they create that dfw district and then split the east Texas group north and south.

north

texas high

mt pleasant

ss

greenville 

marshall 

rc-guess it would make sense for them to stay with Terrell as well??

south

nac

wh

jax

lindale

hallsville

PT

I am

just throwing stuff out!!

Can’t see them splitting up Marshall, Hallsville, and PT.  

The three of us have always been a package deal since 2002.   We have been shuffled between the North and South districts.... but always as a trio. 

10/30/19 update:

11-2A D2:

Burkeville

Colmesneil

Mt. Enterprise

Lovelady

Tenaha

West Sabine

12-2A D2:

Deweyville

Hull-Daisetta

Evadale