Playoff Matchups/Locations

Nacwagons

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:09 AM, MattStepp said:

I don't think homefield in bi-district will come to pass below 5A anytime soon...most of the smaller schools have not been too interested...

As for 6A/5A picking the date of the game, they can pick the date but they can't force a school to miss school time. So if a team would have to travel a long way they could potentially force a move to Saturday if the travel results in missed class time, however most of the time the visiting team just agrees to playing on Friday.

I sure hope it doesn't!  These small stadiums won't hold the crowds for a regular season game, much less a playoff game.

On 11/7/2019 at 11:31 AM, hunter92 said:

I sure hope it doesn't!  These small stadiums won't hold the crowds for a regular season game, much less a playoff game.

Maybe they could give them a option of an alternative home site. Ex: Tenaha wins District opts to play in Carthage . 

On 11/7/2019 at 11:31 AM, hunter92 said:

I disagree. I’ve been to big games at small stadiums. A packed house creates a better atmosphere. You put an overflow crowd at Ram Stadium in Bulldog Stadium in Carthage and it gets swallowed up and lowers the energy. I don’t see why more small schools aren’t on board with the idea. You already have the UIL taking 15% of the gate, plus the cost of officials. Why would you want to give a big chunk of what’s left to a big school in the form of facility rent if you don’t have to? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I disagree. I’ve been to big games at small stadiums. A packed house creates a better atmosphere. You put an overflow crowd at Ram Stadium in Bulldog Stadium in Carthage and it gets swallowed up and lowers the energy. I don’t see why more small schools aren’t on board with the idea. You already have the UIL taking 15% of the gate, plus the cost of officials. Why would you want to give a big chunk of what’s left to a big school in the form of facility rent if you don’t have to? 

PG Hawks at Home this first round. Finally won a coin toss

9 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

What’s the going rate for temp seating for a day?

10 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Question...…Just curious...……...Would you feel the same, if your Rams had to play the first round of the playoffs at another school's stadium and it was at Tenaha or a stadium similar to Tenaha's  as far as visitor seating....and assuming you had issues getting to the stadium early, and the best available spot was standing on the fence about even with the goal post ?

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Question...…Just curious...……...Would you feel the same, if your Rams had to play the first round of the playoffs at another school's stadium and it was at Tenaha or a stadium similar to Tenaha's  as far as visitor seating....and assuming you had issues getting to the stadium early, and the best available spot was standing on the fence about even with the goal post ?

Sometimes the best seats in the house are where you can get a little of the field slung on ya.. Js 

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

If this were to happen, I would like to see some rules in place for a school to be allowed to host, such as safe field surface, adequate seating, etc. But we’re talking about using the privilege of hosting a playoff game as an incentive. If my team is 4th in the district, you’re pretty much just lucky to be there in the first place, right?