LSU vs Alabama

Who Ya Got?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This is a HUGE game. Still not sure about the QB for Bama but reports say he's on a treadmill.

Interesting thing is both have byes to kinda get healthy. Burrows is playing like an NFL1st rounder with some good receivers catching the ball.

Bama's receivers seem like if you get the ball in their hands it's a minimum of 10 yards gain. Game could very well be won on special teams and defense.

Thoughts?

Lsu had the better defense I think. After watching the two several games this season, I think LSU has the edge on defense and surprisingly at QB. Bama has the better special teams and offensive weapons. I also am not sure about Tua and his mobility/durability coming off this surgery and I think he will need both against LSUs defense.

Gun to my head right now... 31-24 LSU. Might change throughout the next two weeks seeing who heals up the best. 

I think Burrow is gonna have a great game, but I don't think LSU will be able to stop Alabama's wideouts or RBs. 

Not sure if it'll be 9-6 or 49-42, but I think Alabama is the more complete team. Tide rolls. 

I already said that I am not going to comment too much on this thread until the week of the game... but here are some things to think about...

Who are the teams that have beaten Alabama the past few years?  Were they one sided teams?  Were the offenses they faced better than what LSU is producing this year?  Finally, Alabama's defense is underperforming more than they have in the past 5-6 seasons... are they down?  Where are the holes?  How does LSU exploit them?

15 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I already said that I am not going to comment too much on this thread until the week of the game... but here are some things to think about...

Who are the teams that have beaten Alabama the past few years?  Were they one sided teams?  Were the offenses they faced better than what LSU is producing this year?  Finally, Alabama's defense is underperforming more than they have in the past 5-6 seasons... are they down?  Where are the holes?  How does LSU exploit them?

I'll give you my reasoning on why I have LSU in this game.

LSU can match Alabama's physicality. This is big. Alabama is so good because they have talent, coaching, and they can just straight up bully you. However, the times we've seen them in trouble in the past is when teams match their physical play. If Tua can't scramble, I don't see Bama winning. And Mac Jones can't beat the Tigers. That's a bold statement, but I'll stand behind it.

I haven't watched enough of Alabama to know their defensive weaknesses, but I've seen enough of LSU's offense and Joe Burrow to believe that they can exploits those holes. I'm a firm believer that if you can match Alabama physically, LSU is good enough on defense to keep an 85% Tua or Mac Jones from throwing all over the field.

11 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I'll give you my reasoning on why I have LSU in this game.

LSU can match Alabama's physicality. This is big. Alabama is so good because they have talent, coaching, and they can just straight up bully you. However, the times we've seen them in trouble in the past is when teams match their physical play. If Tua can't scramble, I don't see Bama winning. And Mac Jones can't beat the Tigers. That's a bold statement, but I'll stand behind it.

I haven't watched enough of Alabama to know their defensive weaknesses, but I've seen enough of LSU's offense and Joe Burrow to believe that they can exploits those holes. I'm a firm believer that if you can match Alabama physically, LSU is good enough on defense to keep an 85% Tua or Mac Jones from throwing all over the field.

This should give you insight on how good this game SHOULD be:

ALABAMA:

Total Offense: 2nd in SEC
Total Defense: 3rd in SEC
Rushing Defense: 6th in SEC (127.4 ypg)
Passing Defense: 2nd SEC (180.1 ypg)

LSU:

Total Offense: 1st in SEC
Total Defense: 4th in SEC
Rushing Defense: 2nd in SEC (97.9 ypg)
Passing Defense: 7th in SEC (217.5 ypg)

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

This should give you insight on how good this game SHOULD be:

ALABAMA:

Total Offense: 2nd in SEC
Total Defense: 3rd in SEC
Rushing Defense: 6th in SEC (127.4 ypg)
Passing Defense: 2nd SEC (180.1 ypg)

LSU:

Total Offense: 1st in SEC
Total Defense: 4th in SEC
Rushing Defense: 2nd in SEC (97.9 ypg)
Passing Defense: 7th in SEC (217.5 ypg)

Wow. With those numbers this game should be a dogfight. Both teams coming off a bye week too. 

13 hours ago, Valhalla said:

You are crazy if you think Tua is not going to be starting vs LSU.

"Mr. Quarterback" could start for Alabama and they'd still be fine. Their wideouts are ridiculous. 

A0IihIS.jpg

• LOL! 2