New Sturgill Simpson is the best thing since sliced bread

mellon

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The guy is multi-talented,like a country Zakk Wylde. Have you heard his covers of Nirvana's "In Bloom" and When In Rome's '80s hit "The Promise"? Not the greatest covers I've ever heard, but definitely ear-catching.

Somebody had the sense to book a stadium tour with Sturgill Simpson and Tyler Childers (Check out "House Fire").

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

The guy is multi-talented,like a country Zakk Wylde. Have you heard his covers of Nirvana's "In Bloom" and When In Rome's '80s hit "The Promise"? Not the greatest covers I've ever heard, but definitely ear-catching.

Somebody had the sense to book a stadium tour with Sturgill Simpson and Tyler Childers (Check out "House Fire").

See I like Sturgill’s version of “The Promise” better than the original. When somebody can take a original and make it their own that really shows their talent. Whatever Sturgill wants to be at that moment he gives it 110%.

Tyler’s the guy that if Nashville cared about country music and not pop country he’d be a huge star. He’s got a little Willie to him in his extracurricular activities. Nothing wrong with that. That Sturgill/ Tyler tour is gonna be huge. I’d love to grab some tickets to that somehow. 

Throw in some Jason Isbell and you have probably the three best singer/songwriters out there today. Isbell leans a little left but most of his songs hit straight in the Southern life. He’s at the top of my list of must see shows.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't even pay attention to Nashville or Billboard or the Grammys or any of that #### anymore. A good song is a good song, but when the industry (There's your key word right there) ignores real talent like Blackberry Smoke and Hank III ("Risin' Outlaw" was the best real country album to come out in thirty years when it was released), then thank God for social media. 

21 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

I'm kinda hopin' when Simpson/Childers comes to Texas they'll sneak Cody Jinks onstage for a song or two... 

Cody Jinks is the real deal. Don’t think he’s put out a bad album.

16 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Yeah, I don't even pay attention to Nashville or Billboard or the Grammys or any of that #### anymore. A good song is a good song, but when the industry (There's your key word right there) ignores real talent like Blackberry Smoke and Hank III ("Risin' Outlaw" was the best real country album to come out in thirty years when it was released), then thank God for social media. 

Good music is out there. Like you said, it’s not being pushed by the industry. You may have to do a little hunting and digging for it but when you find it, it’s worth it.

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

Good music is out there. Like you said, it’s not being pushed by the industry. You may have to do a little hunting and digging for it but when you find it, it’s worth it.

Best thing that ever happened to me as a music fan was discovering Chris Duarte. Finding this guy taught me that there are bad*** musicians/bands outside the stadiums that you're not gonna find on the radio.  

• 2 weeks later...