Bi District: 7-3ADI vs 8-3ADI

Eagleborn

16 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

They were young last year and you are probably right. Didn't they win state in basketball? #13 and #21 are some good players. #13 is the D1 commitment to Washington state. Kid catches everything. Imo, I felt that was our best game as far as coverage. #21 records, he just doesn't give up on runs. He had a 40 something td run but we should have had him a few times. I think the weather had something to do with it but normally we tackle really well. And he is quick. Lol.

Yes Madison has been a powerhouse in basketball. I was surprised last year in that game VS Mt Vernon that they had like 10 total fans. It was just the parents in the stands... well the moms anyways..... 

22 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

They were young last year and you are probably right. Didn't they win state in basketball? #13 and #21 are some good players. #13 is the D1 commitment to Washington state. Kid catches everything. Imo, I felt that was our best game as far as coverage. #21 records, he just doesn't give up on runs. He had a 40 something td run but we should have had him a few times. I think the weather had something to do with it but normally we tackle really well. And he is quick. Lol.

I want a rematch when them in the hardwood. Lol

4 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Yes Madison has been a powerhouse in basketball. I was surprised last year in that game VS Mt Vernon that they had like 10 total fans. It was just the parents in the stands... well the moms anyways..... 

DISD schools traditionally don’t care about football. 

12 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm not sure what has happened to GW since pre-district, but I do know they're not the same team. I was shocked when they benched their QB. Granted, our secondary is... almost nonexistent  at times, he was still putting passes in perfect places. Even when we did have good coverage he could just drop it in. Their passing game was the entire reason they played us the way they did. 

I just looked on HUDL tho and they had no offensive highlights on the recap. What's up with that? 

Can’t speak on why the switch, wasn’t talented related was all I heard. He’s making plays on defense and at the WR position now and we have went back to our QB 1 from last year. He has performed well since getting situated back in. 

1 minute ago, Cannon85 said:

you do seem to be more chill than most of us in D7....haha

I just try to keep it real. We're just kind of hanging in limbo. Sitting on the bubble.

If I'm being totally honest, this is my current thought process:

Hooks obviously has some talented kids (they always do). I wish I could have seen some of these other games (HS/MV vs Hooks). Comparing scores is terrible, so I try to compare games/matchups. 

A few things that I did see when we played those 2 teams -

MV
RB1 was out with a shoulder injury. I think the absence of his physicality alone weighs on the minds of our offense, especially our RBs. RB2 who is really a stellar athlete, didn't even seem like he wanted to be on the field. Atlanta started a Sophomore QB with zero starts under his belt (even though he didn't play bad). We did drop a wide open pass in the first half to tie the game. I don't even know how many penalties we had, but it was bad. Several on 3rd down, which really kills a defense. In all, Atlanta looked very mentally unprepared for this game, for whatever reason. 

HS
We had our chances against HS. We had a snap on a punt go over the punters head into the endzone. The punter picked the ball up and ran out and got tackled on the 1. HS never turned the ball over against us. I think we had 3 turnovers total, including a pick inside HS 10 before halftime. We also opted to NOT kicked a field goal when down 4 points, and ultimately we lost by 3. 

These are not excuses, just things that happened in those games that Atlanta did that didn't aid their chances. I'm not taking anything away from these 2 teams. They showed up and showed out when it mattered, and that's just part of football. If I'm being truthful, HS was the more impressive of the 2, even though we got drummed by MV. We just looked that bad against MV, in all aspects, and didn't look prepared at all. 

So I try to weigh all this and see what I think will happen. Atlanta has a tendency to not show up for the biggest games. For whatever reason that is. Everyone thought Jeffy was going to blow us out last week, and honestly, most here believed it. They proved us wrong. They played one of their best games this season Friday. If the kids stay bought in, and believe, I think they can do lots of things. I'm an optimist, but a realist as well. 

That being said, I will get to see Hooks first hand Friday. I think this will be a very interesting ball game. Jeffy seems to play well at home, and they seem to be prepared for big games, at least in the regular season. 

1 hour ago, Lion54 said:

So now we are referencing common opponents. HS beat Arp 30-8,,, Jefferson beat Arp 38-8,,,, West Rusk beat Arp 35-6 seems pretty even to me. Just saying. It's all about match ups with 15,16, and 17 year old kids. By the way I reference common opponents on another thread and it was  shot down quick. To me Tatum (when they put it all together) and Sabine are the best teams in D8. GW already played Atlanta to a 7 point game so im really not understanding why everyone thinks D7 is so much better? I don't see it. Yes i know HS beat Tatum bad, but I guarentee if they play again it won't happen like that again. 

It’s because we have 5 teams that could very well have the same district record by the end. I can’t bring up common opponents because we lost by 35 to MV then beat Jefferson that beat MV bad. It’s too crazy to make predictions anymore. I’m still in shock by our district.

Hahaha. Call me ignorant, but I was just doing some looking, and Redwater did beat Bishop Gorman. Well, I looked at Bishop Gorman, and they beat 1 team this year, the Atlas HomeSchool Rattlers. I get to looking at some of these schedules and I can't help but laugh. Are there actually homeschool leagues?

Just now, H3llR4z0r said:

Hahaha. Call me ignorant, but I was just doing some looking, and Redwater did beat Bishop Gorman. Well, I looked at Bishop Gorman, and they beat 1 team this year, the Atlas HomeSchool Rattlers. I get to looking at some of these schedules and I can't help but laugh. 

Not everyone schedules up like us and y’all and GW. 

Curious to see how our new guy does his preseason schedule. 

11 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Not everyone schedules up like us and y’all and GW. 

Curious to see how our new guy does his preseason schedule. 

That’s why I find it funny when teams come on here and poke their chests and start comparing games lol. 

19 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Hahaha. Call me ignorant, but I was just doing some looking, and Redwater did beat Bishop Gorman. Well, I looked at Bishop Gorman, and they beat 1 team this year, the Atlas HomeSchool Rattlers. I get to looking at some of these schedules and I can't help but laugh. Are there actually homeschool leagues?

That's about like the Recklaw team that Pigskin and Bob talk about on Friday nights after the games lol

1 minute ago, Cardgrad04 said:

Yeah think I may have to make a couple Tatum basketball games this year. When the Sabine girls are not playing! 

They’ll be in the Tenaha tournament this season. Probably the best tournament around. 

I’ve seen a few deep GW playoff runs where we didn’t even have any business being in the playoffs based on how we played the regular season.

I have also seen many playoff runs cut short by some very talented GW teams because they did not produce when it did count. 

You just never know. Have to play it week by week once it gets there.