Carthage (8-0) at Henderson (6-2)

CarthDawg77

Carthage at Henderson  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/02/2019 at 12:30 AM

Just now, Htown69 said:

Talking about the Kilgore game when Kilgore was gonna come out and spank henderson 

Wouldn't really called that a spanking. Good for you but beating Carthage whole another task. They have won five straight and haven't scored an offensive touchdown in a while . I love your optismism sport. 

Carthage and Henderson have 4 common opponents. Jax, PG, Pali and CH. Henderson is 2-2 in those games. The points scored against points allowed is 156-156. Carthage is 4-0 against those same opponents. Carthage has outscored those opponents 170-28 for a 43-7 average score. 

I think Carthage will hold Henderson to a little less than half their season average, and Carthage will score a little more than their season average. I’m going to say Carthage 42-17.

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

@Htown69 so what will henderson do different. The Lions have the offense capable of pulling off the upset but not sure about the defense. They haven't looked dominant in hardly any of the games. 

Henderson had about 60 yards rushing in the 2018 regular season matchup with over half that coming on QB scrambles on pass plays.  Unless they have changed the offensive scheme I don’t see the Lions getting more than 100 yards rushing Fri night.  And they won’t make up the difference through the air.  Result is a long night with a lot of punts.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Henderson had about 60 yards rushing in the 2018 regular season matchup with over half that coming on QB scrambles on pass plays.  Unless they have changed the offensive scheme I don’t see the Lions getting more than 100 yards rushing Fri night.  And they won’t make up the difference through the air.  Result is a long night with a lot of punts.

Agree that is why I have my doubts . 38-17 upset is not happening. Lot of things wrong would happen in order for Carthage to lose. Definitely the biggest upset of the year. Gilmer over Newton is the biggest now.

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

I looked it up.  I saw that was  uncharacteristically bad time for a Surratt led team. What happened . You guys made up for it at least. 

That was our “rebuilding“ year out of 12 years so far.  Graduated a talented class in 2013 and struggled to replace them in 2014.