Cooper at Leonard

Bulldogbacker78

Cooper at Leonard  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Cooper at Leonard

• Cooper
    • Leonard

16 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Well they were 1 and 3 going into district play with loses to Honey Grove, Wolfe City, and Collinsville. So either they have figured it out or this district is bad.

I saw that, I know nothing about those teams they loss to, does cooper have an ex member of Gunter on their staff? I thought I read that somewhere 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, JETT said:

I saw that, I know nothing about those teams they loss to, does cooper have an ex member of Gunter on their staff? I thought I read that somewhere 

All three are playoff teams in 2A, Honey Grove looks to pretty good. And yes the head and his brother are from gunter the other one left for a head coaching job elsewhere.

On 10/28/2019 at 11:00 AM, Bulldogbacker78 said:

Here ya go

1. Bells 4-0 /5-3

2. Leonard 3-2 / 5-4

3. Blue Ridge 2-2 / 4-4

4. Cooper 2-2 / 3-5

5. Chisum 2-3 / 3-5

6. Whitewright 1-3 / 4-4

7. Prairiland 1-3 / 2-6

I never thought Cooper would have a chance at missing the playoffs in this district. Pretty sure its considered one of the weakest in the area if not the state. 

44 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

I never thought Cooper would have a chance at missing the playoffs in this district. Pretty sure its considered one of the weakest in the area if not the state. 

If they can beat either Leonard or Bells they will make the playoffs. If they lose to both they will need a little help. 

21 hours ago, JETT said:

Is bells any good, i see they're record is good but how do they play

Bells is just a run it down your throat type of team.  As long as they are falling forward, then they'll sustain their drives.  Sharp contrast to daddy-ball that Bells played their last few years.  HG is a top 15 team in 2AD1 right now and the Collinsville game was one where Cville wanted to beat the coach that just left them over the summer.  The defense is legit though and they have good size up front. 

1 hour ago, PatsFan said:

Bells is just a run it down your throat type of team.  As long as they are falling forward, then they'll sustain their drives.  Sharp contrast to daddy-ball that Bells played their last few years.  HG is a top 15 team in 2AD1 right now and the Collinsville game was one where Cville wanted to beat the coach that just left them over the summer.  The defense is legit though and they have good size up front. 

Gotcha, looks like our #4 team in our district better be able to stop the run then

2 hours ago, JETT said:

Gotcha, looks like our #4 team in our district better be able to stop the run then

Who is that right now?  I'd definitely agree with you on that.  They've pretty much dominated the line of scrimmage in district, not really saying much though.

On 10/31/2019 at 11:20 AM, PatsFan said:

I hope you're right about HG, PatsFan.  I've haven't seen them play in decades.  However, I try to follow how they are doing.  I've seen years where they go undefeated through the regular season then lose in the first round.  Happened too many times.  I'd love to see them make a deep run in the playoffs.  Maybe I will have a chance to watch them if they do.  Will be rooting for all the teams in that area during the playoffs.

On 11/1/2019 at 11:04 PM, HGWar6 said:

I hope you're right about HG, PatsFan.  I've haven't seen them play in decades.  However, I try to follow how they are doing.  I've seen years where they go undefeated through the regular season then lose in the first round.  Happened too many times.  I'd love to see them make a deep run in the playoffs.  Maybe I will have a chance to watch them if they do.  Will be rooting for all the teams in that area during the playoffs.

I've seen HG this year. They have some talented upper classmen.  They played a relatively weak schedule, but should be able to win a couple playoff games. 

1 hour ago, Bulldogbacker78 said:

I've seen HG this year. They have some talented upper classmen.  They played a relatively weak schedule, but should be able to win a couple playoff games. 

Well Friday night will be HG's toughest test yet when they host Rivercrest for the district championship.  To this point HG has not given up any points in district.

As far as Cooper goes, after Friday night, they could seriously limp into the playoffs.  It'll probably be a 3-way tie between them, WW, & Chisum for the 4th seed after this week.  Not sure what that tiebreaker is though.

1 hour ago, PatsFan said:

Well Friday night will be HG's toughest test yet when they host Rivercrest for the district championship.  To this point HG has not given up any points in district.

As far as Cooper goes, after Friday night, they could seriously limp into the playoffs.  It'll probably be a 3-way tie between them, WW, & Chisum for the 4th seed after this week.  Not sure what that tiebreaker is though.

I was wondering what the tie breaker was also. I know WW beat Cooper, Chisum beat WW and Cooper beat Chisum. 

14 minutes ago, Bulldogbacker78 said:

I was wondering what the tie breaker was also. I know WW beat Cooper, Chisum beat WW and Cooper beat Chisum. 

It sounds like Cooper really needs P-Land to beat WW and then they get in without any need for the tiebreakers.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:25 PM, Bulldognation1 said:

Looks like the wheels officially have came off for the dawgs. I don’t think anybody seen this coming this year. It won’t get much easier if they drop into the 2A district with RC, HG & WC. Hopefully things will get better.

The wheels have been off for a while now.  The coach leading this train can head right back to where he came from.  Cooper kids aren't upper middle class kids from Gunter.  Not a good fit and not looking good for the future of the program in general in any sport.  Stopped playing with heart about 6-weeks ago.  Limping through the season.

52 minutes ago, FootballFan2019 said:

The wheels have been off for a while now.  The coach leading this train can head right back to where he came from.  Cooper kids aren't upper middle class kids from Gunter.  Not a good fit and not looking good for the future of the program in general in any sport.  Stopped playing with heart about 6-weeks ago.  Limping through the season.

I hate to hear that. There's some talent on this team.