1. 1. Cooper at Leonard

• Cooper
    • Leonard

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, supermaroon said:

Depending on the point allowance if its 17 then I believe WW will be in if they beat Prairiland. By my calculation based on 17 WW +4, Chisum -6, Cooper +2. But I could be wrong.

The max for that district is 14 points

Whitewright needs a win, a Cooper loss and a Chisum loss to get in.

1 hour ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

Which is probably what will happen, not trying to start anything but with how Bells and BR have been playing, they'll both be very tough to beat.

18 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

ok didn't know the points for this district and I was talking about the points if they all end up tied and still think WW gets in if they all tie for 4th

17 hours ago, Bulldogbacker78 said:

The Pats played Cooper pretty tough. Can they beat WW?

It would be tough, but they can do it if they come out with the right mindset, I'm just worried where their heads are right now.  Seems like WW have played some good games recently but just keep coming up short.

On 11/10/2019 at 11:47 AM, Bulldognation1 said:

Absolutely it's unacceptable! Especially in a district like Cooper was in. 

Embarrassing to say the least. can't believe that they couldn't perform better. Kids leaving and quitting will kill a small program like ours. Maybe we can back to our winning tradition soon.

1 hour ago, Bulldogbacker78 said:

I can't think of one successful sport there now. Is it a down time for the whole school? 

I can't either right now. Both baseball and basketball have been down for some time. Girls softball has had some success recently. Heard the girls basketball program is at an all time low they had to finish their game the other day with only 4 or 5 girls is what i heard. Football going 3-7 with that terrible district is pathetic. Very sad for a once mighty athletic program.

11 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

I can't either right now. Both baseball and basketball have been down for some time. Girls softball has had some success recently. Heard the girls basketball program is at an all time low they had to finish their game the other day with only 4 or 5 girls is what i heard. Football going 3-7 with that terrible district is pathetic. Very sad for a once mighty athletic program.

Yep it’s pretty sad. There’s some that think if Cooper drops down its going to help tremendously. I’m not to sure it’s going to equate to a bunch of winning for Cooper again yet. Cooper was once a feared opponent for opposing teams in most of sports. They haven't been that for some time now. Hopefully it gets better quick.

41 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Yep it’s pretty sad. There’s some that think if Cooper drops down its going to help tremendously. I’m not to sure it’s going to equate to a bunch of winning for Cooper again yet. Cooper was once a feared opponent for opposing teams in most of sports. They haven't been that for some time now. Hopefully it gets better quick.

A drop would most likely help all the other sports, but football will be tougher putting y'all with actual competition in RC, HG, & Wolfe City. 

1 hour ago, Bulldogbacker78 said:

I think it would be good across the board.  RC Loses Womack, HG has some very talented seniors and Cooper could jave beaten WC this year. 

Good point on Womack - curious who they plan to fill his shoes with - over 300 yards rushing Friday night against HG.

How was the JV and JH football for Cooper this year?

2 hours ago, Bulldogbacker78 said:

I think it would be good across the board.  RC Loses Womack, HG has some very talented seniors and Cooper could jave beaten WC this year. 

Didn't WC beat RC? RC blew the dawgs out. I think Cooper would've been 4th at best in that district.

I hope a drop will help Cooper get back to winning. Time will tell.