Top Talent Abandons Crumbling ‘Star Wars’ Film Franchise

RETIREDFAN1

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/10/29/top-talent-abandons-star-wars-film-franchise/

From the article: "

Kennedy has killed off our beloved characters, introduced new characters no one cares about, and poisoned everything by injecting present-day leftism into what is supposed to be thematically-driven escapism.

No one wanted to see Solo… Think about that: no one wanted to see a Star Wars movie for crying out loud!

And that is Kathleen Kennedy’s legacy… That and the fact that no one with any real talent wants to work for her because she has so mishandled the biggest no-brainer franchise ever it’s now got nowhere to go but television."

TRANSLATION: Nobody wants to see libtard :BS: in our movies.....that's why Hollywood is going broke.....

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Kennedy has killed off our beloved characters, introduced new characters no one cares about, and poisoned everything by injecting present-day leftism into what is supposed to be thematically-driven escapism.

5 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/10/29/top-talent-abandons-star-wars-film-franchise/

From the article: "

No one wanted to see Solo… Think about that: no one wanted to see a Star Wars movie for crying out loud!

And that is Kathleen Kennedy’s legacy… That and the fact that no one with any real talent wants to work for her because she has so mishandled the biggest no-brainer franchise ever it’s now got nowhere to go but television."

TRANSLATION: Nobody wants to see libtard :BS: in our movies.....that's why Hollywood is going broke.....

I wanted to see Solo, and I still want to see it's sequel.  If I can find a way to watch "The Mandalorian" I will, because it looks great.  

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, 88YoePride said:

I'm guessing you wrote this before all the Baby Yoda stupidity. 

I'm not onboard with that, but I see that it serves it purpose with women, girls, and children.  I will say this much, had I seen Jar Jar Binks in  Star Wars " A New Hope". I may have never went to see another.  I have enjoyed some of the memes comparing him to a Gremlin.  Yoda's race was never truly explained, and who knows.  I will say this  The Rise of Skywalker was the best of the last three.  I will not comment on that movie for two  more weeks.   There were somethings I wanted to see more of, and some things they could have left out.  I will say it was worth the price of admission and more.  It sort of gave me hope for the upcoming narratives of the Star Wars universe.  I do still wish that they would make another Solo sequel, and of course the Bobba Fett movie.  I know many compare "The Mandalorian" to Bobba, but he's no Bobba.  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I'm not onboard with that, but I see that it serves it purpose with women, girls, and children.  I will say this much, had I seen Jar Jar Binks in  Star Wars " A New Hope". I may have never went to see another.  I have enjoyed some of the memes comparing him to a Gremlin.  Yoda's race was never truly explained, and who knows.  I will say this  The Rise of Skywalker was the best of the last three.  I will not comment on that movie for two  more weeks.   There were somethings I wanted to see more of, and some things they could have left out.  I will say it was worth the price of admission and more.  It sort of gave me hope for the upcoming narratives of the Star Wars universe.  I do still wish that they would make another Solo sequel, and of course the Bobba Fett movie.  I know many compare "The Mandalorian" to Bobba, but he's no Bobba.  

Hmmm. I've heard a lot of bad things about "Rise Of Skywalker". Still wanna see it. Better not disappoint me like the end of "Glass".

"Solo" was "meh." I would like to see a Boba Fett movie, and the rumored Darth Vader movie, if ylthey're done as well as "Rogue One". I damn near think that's the best movie in the entire franchise.  

20 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

I loved "The Rise of Skywalker"  I do have some beefs with it, which I will bring up in two weeks.  There were somethings I wanted to see that weren't in it, and a few things that were in it that I didn't  care to see.  I will discuss those at a later time, when people have had ample opportunity to go and see it.  I can't say it's the best, because I think that will always be reserved for "A New Hope" because it started the craze.  I remember going to see the first three, and there were lines to the street from the box office.  Few will remember the old Jerry Lewis theater on Spur 63, but  then you couldn't purchase tickets online.  King Kong, Jaws, Rocky, and Star Wars all had lines down to Spur63 for those movies.  I was able to walk right up to the window and select tickets with no lines, and had decent seats for both showings that I've seen thus far.  

I've developed the old man saga of saying how much prices were back in my day vs. today.  My dad would tell me he could go to the movies, a bag of popcorn, and a drink for 15 cents.  When I was a kid it was $7, and now it's $30 for one person.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I loved "The Rise of Skywalker"  I do have some beefs with it, which I will bring up in two weeks.  There were somethings I wanted to see that weren't in it, and a few things that were in it that I didn't  care to see.  I will discuss those at a later time, when people have had ample opportunity to go and see it.  I can't say it's the best, because I think that will always be reserved for "A New Hope" because it started the craze.  I remember going to see the first three, and there were lines to the street from the box office.  Few will remember the old Jerry Lewis theater on Spur 63, but  then you couldn't purchase tickets online.  King Kong, Jaws, Rocky, and Star Wars all had lines down to Spur63 for those movies.  I was able to walk right up to the window and select tickets with no lines, and had decent seats for both showings that I've seen thus far.  

I've developed the old man saga of saying how much prices were back in my day vs. today.  My dad would tell me he could go to the movies, a bag of popcorn, and a drink for 15 cents.  When I was a kid it was $7, and now it's $30 for one person.  

Did you read the article? Think it explains why Lucas selling out to Disney was a huge mistake. Or at least why putting Kennedy in charge was. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Or at least why putting Kennedy in charge was. 

^^^  This. 

She was actually a more-than-capable producer in the pre-Trump era, but a rabid case of TDS has her going full SJW. Sad! 

• LOL! 1

On 1/6/2020 at 11:07 PM, 88YoePride said:

Did you read the article? Think it explains why Lucas selling out to Disney was a huge mistake. Or at least why putting Kennedy in charge was. 

She is one of the main ones against a blu ray release of the original trilogy theatrical version.  Supposedly a 4K release of the entire Star Wars films in a box set is coming this year, but it wont have the original versions.  At least I have the VHS versions to watch them.