With Each Pitch at Series, Call Gets Louder for Robot Umps

RETIREDFAN1

I have been ready, pitchers that have pen point control will dominate and hitters who have a good eye will not be cheated by bad calls. I think it adds more excitement to the game. Replays have corrected a lot of missed calls this will make it even more so. 

1 hour ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Read the article....It says in the Arizona league they were trying them out in, a player got called out on strikes by the robot umpire on one that bounced in.....lol.....he then got ejected by the HUMAN umpire for arguing......:rofl:

I have read about the bouncing ball the umpire will have to correct that, now why this umpire didn't is beyond me

• LOL! 1

6 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I don't like taking the human element out of the game. 

If I was a ump I would love the electronic system If they go to argue with me I would say look where the pitch was then they don't have a argument. Of course I know any knucklehead can argue even with a computer. 

On 10/30/2019 at 9:29 AM, WestHardinfan1 said:

Read the article....It says in the Arizona league they were trying them out in, a player got called out on strikes by the robot umpire on one that bounced in.....lol.....he then got ejected by the HUMAN umpire for arguing......:rofl:

I should have read it further, because I missed that.  I can see how a robot/electronic eye could mess up like that, but a human umpire kicked him out ???  That's ridiculous. I remember a game in little league where the pitcher threw the ball it hit the plate, and bounced straight up in the air, and the kid hit a home run off it.  It would have been a ball if he would have just let it bounce into the catchers mitt.