Beckville Ladycats

t-dub

Beckville just wrapped up a district championship by going 12-0. Never lost a set, and no team scored more than 17 in a set throughout district. Pretty good accomplishment. JV team went undefeated in district, as well. 

I also heard that Beckville has won 84 district games in a row. That's unheard of! And I'm pretty sure Beckville was in 3A for 2 of those years. What a great program and they've been strong for years and years. They won State in 2A last year beating perennial powerhouse Lindsay! Is this team as good as last year's team?

The Seniors we lost are hard to replace. We have 2 seniors, 6 juniors,1 sophomore and 3 freshman on the team this year, with 1 senior, 2 juniors,1 sophomore and 3 freshman getting most of the playing time. Both of our JV teams were “district champs” as well. Our freshman group of girls have a chance to be pretty special. They’re a large group of girls, and the majority of them play all of the sports. And yes, we were 3-A for 2 of those years. I believe we lost  a couple of district games the 1st year, but they went undefeated the 2nd year in 3-A, in district. 

On 10/30/2019 at 6:51 PM, t-dub said:

The Seniors we lost are hard to replace. We have 2 seniors, 6 juniors,1 sophomore and 3 freshman on the team this year, with 1 senior, 2 juniors,1 sophomore and 3 freshman getting most of the playing time. Both of our JV teams were “district champs” as well. Our freshman group of girls have a chance to be pretty special. They’re a large group of girls, and the majority of them play all of the sports. And yes, we were 3-A for 2 of those years. I believe we lost  a couple of district games the 1st year, but they went undefeated the 2nd year in 3-A, in district. 

How do you do it year in year out??

The girls have been competitive and winning for years, so the younger girls look forward and want to be a part of it.Severalof the girls also play travel v-ball, so that helps.  I truly believe our football team will turn the corner in a couple of years. The boys staff is working hard, and have a great group of coaches now

14 hours ago, t-dub said:

#3 is Paige Edens daughter, Kinsley, the youngest of the 2 Edens girls. 

Alright then, well that explains a lot! ha She's good to be just a sophomore. Good luck to the Lady Bearcats against Cumby.

Carthage swept Gatesville and will face China Spring next week. Revenge time from last year!

• 9 months later...

Beckville over 4-A Henderson 25-8, 25-18 and 25-14. Happy to say that my sophomore daughter, who tore her ACL for the second time December 16th, was Officially released On Wednesday and on the court for Friday’s game. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, t-dub said:

Beckville over 4-A Henderson 25-8, 25-18 and 25-14. Happy to say that my sophomore daughter, who tore her ACL for the second time December 16th, was Officially released On Wednesday and on the court for Friday’s game. 

Glad she's back out there! She's a great player!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...