#1 Grandview @ Whitney with a 9-3A District Championship as stake

WhitneyWildcat1

I hope this game lives up to the hype..

Two strong teams that have cruised through their schedule rather handily this year.

Through 4 district games both teams avg win margin is 35 points. Both defenses have been equally as stout with Grandview holding the edge through district allowing their opponent to average 10 points per game while Whitney gives up an average of 14 points per game.

Grandview is just too good overall to lose to Whitney. Whitney has played one team that has a record of 500 or better. While their D is better than they were in the past, Grandview will exploit all the shifting, stunting and jumping around they do and hit them with big plays. On O, it’s still all about stopping the QB and he is a special player. Their best play is for him to drop back, sending the WR deep and let him runaround and make plays. I just think Grandview will be too much for them. 

I have not seen either, but I do know both are certainly good teams.  I feel as if Grandview has just kind of been poking along and this may be the game where they really look sharp, as this is their only real tuneup for the playoffs.  And it's a top 10-ish matchup.  Give me Grandview by 14.  

12 hours ago, player73 said:

Grandview is just too good overall to lose to Whitney. Whitney has played one team that has a record of 500 or better. While their D is better than they were in the past, Grandview will exploit all the shifting, stunting and jumping around they do and hit them with big plays. On O, it’s still all about stopping the QB and he is a special player. Their best play is for him to drop back, sending the WR deep and let him runaround and make plays. I just think Grandview will be too much for them. 

They've played two teams over .500, Grandview has only played one team over .500... Neither team has played a tough schedule due to that district being down, so it's tough to gauge this game off this seasons records. I do enjoy the irony of "stopping the QB" when one RB has 1100 yards rushing and averaging 12.8 yards a carry and the other RB has 700 yards rushing... just gotta stop the QB though. Think this will be the game of the year as far as Central Texas is concerned.

2 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Grandview has been there and have done it.   The Zebras by a minimum of 14.

Game of the year in Central Tx. far from it. 

I agree this is not game of the year in Central texas... Both team are not ranked in the top 10 which takes away some swagger

Guest Tiger03lb
45 minutes ago, player73 said:

03, Whitney poster on Fox saying they going give the Zebras something they haven’t had in a long time - a big fat loss because they ain’t Malakoff and they can finish a game. SMH 

LMAO!!! 😂😂😂 They are about to find out. Stupid people come out the woodworks on there.

I hope its a good one....Zebra front 7 is very good....Whitney Qb will have to play a very good and smart game but he is far from the only play maker on the team. Wildcats will need to get #11 at least 20 touches. Get #2 involved and grind with #7. It's an all hands on deck kind of game!!! Zebras are a great team but I don't think they are unbeatable.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:12 AM, WhereEaglesDare said:

Is this the best Whitney team in the last 15-20 years? If it is you might have something. If not, most likely a drubbing. Who is coaching Whitney these days? 

Mark Byrd is coaching Whitney these days and doing a fine job at it I might add. Has turned the program around imo.