Jason Garrett Expects Anthem Protester Michael Bennett to Stand

I read that he agreed to it before being traded.  https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/10/30/cowboys-expect-michael-bennett-to-stand-for-national-anthem/23849874/  .  I know the Cowboys don't retire numbers, but I don't like him wearing #79.  Harvey Martin was one of my favorite players growing up, and I know he had his off the field issues, but when he was on the field he was a terror to QB's.  We can just see how it goes.  

• Like 2

It’s either gonna be a cheap, decent rewards move or one that blows up in their face. Garrett has preached that he wants the right kind of guys. Can Bennett adapt to that? I’d be surprised. Him standing for the Anthem would be a huge step on the right direction.

42 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I read that he agreed to it before being traded.  https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/10/30/cowboys-expect-michael-bennett-to-stand-for-national-anthem/23849874/  .  I know the Cowboys don't retire numbers, but I don't like him wearing #79.  Harvey Martin was one of my favorite players growing up, and I know he had his off the field issues, but when he was on the field he was a terror to QB's.  We can just see how it goes.  

I don’t like him wearing #79 either.

8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

It’s either gonna be a cheap, decent rewards move or one that blows up in their face. Garrett has preached that he wants the right kind of guys. Can Bennett adapt to that? I’d be surprised. Him standing for the Anthem would be a huge step on the right direction.

He may very well tow the line as long as things are going his way. But let him get his butt over the dashboard about something, & I bet we see him start acting like a spoiled brat again. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BlueBlazes said:

He may very well tow the line as long as things are going his way. But let him get his butt over the dashboard about something, & I bet we see him start acting like a spoiled brat again. 

The Bennett brothers are nuts. I’d be shocked if this experiment works out. 

10 hours ago, BlueBlazes said:

Since the Cowboys decided to take a risk on Michael Bennett, the Cheerleaders thought they would reach out to another NFL disgrace.....

86528907-372F-4DEC-AD04-9B63262371AE.jpeg

I heard ol' Kaep has been keeping in shape. It's obvious he hasn't been skipping leg day.  👍

• LOL! 2

On 10/30/2019 at 6:05 PM, DaveTV1 said:

Yeah, Harvey had his personal problems mostly involving drugs. As bad as that was for him, it didn't involve unpatriotic or lying behavior

I like you was a Hugh fan of Harvey, and was saddened by his loss of everything because of drugs. I wonder what ever happened to Him I I haven't heard anything.

* After I wrote this I went and checked Harvey's bio. It isn't' pretty, but he did turn his life around, and got a good job. He spent the rest of his life speaking to kids about the dangers of drugs. Harvey died at the age of 51 of pancreatic cancer. 

On 10/30/2019 at 7:00 PM, BlueBlazes said:

I agree. Right now he may be smart enough to see his career going down the toilet, like Jimmie Johnson told Charles Haley  his was. At present Bennett is playing a weak hand. Let him get in a position with the upper hand and the stupid will surface. IMHO. 

1 hour ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Yeah, Harvey had his personal problems mostly involving drugs. As bad as that was for him, it didn't involve unpatriotic or lying behavior

I like you was a Hugh fan of Harvey, and was saddened by his loss of everything because of drugs. I wonder what ever happened to Him I I haven't heard anything.

* After I wrote this I went and checked Harvey's bio. It isn't' pretty, but he did turn his life around, and got a good job. He spent the rest of his life speaking to kids about the dangers of drugs. Harvey died at the age of 51 of pancreatic cancer. 

I was able to meet him once.  He visited a pawn shop in Tyler back in the 90's.  He was selling posters with Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Randy White, Bob Lilly, and Harvey Martin on one side and Drew Pearson, Walt Garrison, Roger Staubach, and Tony Dorsett on the other side with the Cowboys star in the middle.  His autograph is the only one on it, but I had hoped to get it signed by all eventually.  It's sort of odd that he is the only one that is no longer with us.  

5 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I was able to meet him once.  He visited a pawn shop in Tyler back in the 90's.  He was selling posters with Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Randy White, Bob Lilly, and Harvey Martin on one side and Drew Pearson, Walt Garrison, Roger Staubach, and Tony Dorsett on the other side with the Cowboys star in the middle.  His autograph is the only one on it, but I had hoped to get it signed by all eventually.  It's sort of odd that he is the only one that is no longer with us.  

5 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

That is cool.