⚾️ The OFFICIAL 2020 Houston Astros Offseason Thread ⚾️

Wild74

This is my prediction for Houston's starting pitching next year.

1. Justin Verlander 33 million

2. Zack Greinke 35 million

3. Lance McCullers Jr  4.5 million eligible for Arb

4. Aaron Sanchez 3.9 million  eligible for Arb

5. Jose Urquidy  salary not available but sure it is low. 

Two are coming off surgery Sanchez and McCullers hopefully they make a full recovery.  

Pitchers who will not be back

1. Cole FA  Predicting the Angels but hoping the Dodgers sign him, he needs to go to the National League

2. Rondon FA

3. McHugh FA

4. Harris would like to see them sign him even though he threw the tatter pitch actually threw a couple in the WS but was very good most of the season, but not expecting him to resign

5. Miley give him his walking papers FA

6. Joe Smith  FA

Just now, topher805 said:

I expect another 100 win season. I expect another trip to the World Series. Pitching will be better overall. Bats will be about the same. Hopefully more consistency. 

Plus we will have Alvarez from the get go

34 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Plus we will have Alvarez from the get go

Early guesses...

1B: Yuli
2B: Altuve
3B: Bregman
SS: Correa
LF: Brantley
CF: Springer
RF: Tucker
DH: Alvarez

Bench: Straw, Marisnick, Diaz, Stubbs, Mayfield

1. Verlander
2. Greinke
3. McCullers
4. Urquidy
5. Whitley/Sanchez

Bullpen: Harris, Peacock, Pressley, Osuna, Abreu, James

28 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Early guesses...

1B: Yuli
2B: Altuve
3B: Bregman
SS: Correa
LF: Brantley
CF: Springer
RF: Tucker
DH: Alvarez

Bench: Straw, Marisnick, Diaz, Stubbs, Mayfield

1. Verlander
2. Greinke
3. McCullers
4. Urquidy
5. Whitley/Sanchez

Bullpen: Harris, Peacock, Pressley, Osuna, Abreu, James

We have Reddick under contract next year I don't know if it is guaranteed or not but i would be releasing him. Whitley is a mystery to me i hope he can move on up.  

16 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

We have Reddick under contract next year I don't know if it is guaranteed or not but i would be releasing him. Whitley is a mystery to me i hope he can move on up.  

Reddick will be gone to free up salary space for Springer or a winter signing. All accounts have Whitley putting together a nice run in the Arizona Fall League. If he can put it together, he has a spot on the roster. Need him up soon for grooming before Verlander & Greinke leave...

Hey guys! Sorry for the WS loss...seriously. I'm a lifelong Rangers fan so y'all know I know the pain. That WS loss to the Cardinals was a heartbreaker!! 

I'm just curious and I don't really keep up with the Astros. I know Verlander, Cole, & Grienke came to Houston via trade. How many 2019 WS Astros players are "homegrown"...came up through the Astros minor league system or were FA acquisitions at a younger age? 

13 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Hey guys! Sorry for the WS loss...seriously. I'm a lifelong Rangers fan so y'all know I know the pain. That WS loss to the Cardinals was a heartbreaker!! 

I'm just curious and I don't really keep up with the Astros. I know Verlander, Cole, & Grienke came to Houston via trade. How many 2019 WS Astros players are "homegrown"...came up through the Astros minor league system or were FA acquisitions at a younger age? 

Springer, Correa, Bregman, Altuve, Alvarez, came through the farm system a lot of their pitchers came from trades. McCullers and Urquidy came through the farm system. Yuli came from the foreign draft system however that works. Reddick and Chirino came as FA along with Brantley

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Chirenos and Maldonado FA's. I thinknthey keep Chirenos. Interested on if they bring in another catcher...

I think they might keep Chirinos also and let Martine go and move up one from the minors to backup Chirinos 

Crane came out and said the Astros will make a run at keeping Cole and he isn't against paying the luxury tax for the upcoming season...Not sure we will pay what Cole wants (Not sure anyone will pay what Boras plans on asking for), but I like seeing us be aggressive and trying to keep him. I also like seeing an owner that isn't afraid to spend and keep this window of opportunity open a little longer...

3 hours ago, topher805 said:

Crane came out and said the Astros will make a run at keeping Cole and he isn't against paying the luxury tax for the upcoming season...Not sure we will pay what Cole wants (Not sure anyone will pay what Boras plans on asking for), but I like seeing us be aggressive and trying to keep him. I also like seeing an owner that isn't afraid to spend and keep this window of opportunity open a little longer...

I think he needs to offer him at least $38 million to keep him that's what Scherzer and Stasburg are making.  Anything less, and he bolts.  

19 hours ago, topher805 said:

Would like to see Cole back but I wouldn't break the bank over him besides I think he is dead set on going to high tax state of California where a lot of the money will go into the sinkhole of California never ending progressive ideals, you need a lot of money to live out there, some of that money should be used to buy a big generator for his next house....lol 

• LOL! 2

13 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Would like to see Cole back but I wouldn't break the bank over him besides I think he is dead set on going to high tax state of California where a lot of the money will go into the sinkhole of California never ending progressive ideals, you need a lot of money to live out there, some of that money should be used to buy a big generator for his next house....lol 

:rofl: