Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

⚾️ The OFFICIAL 2020 Houston Astros Offseason Thread ⚾️


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would fire both of them for cheating and being complete idiots, they have tainted the 2017 WS and the thing about it they didn’t need to cheat they had a great team 

My problem with this whole this is the players are skating by.   MLB admitted while Hinch knew about it he actively tried to stop it, but didn't report it to MLB so he's banned. The players were the d

Speak for yourself.......I don't CARE how they did it, as long as they got it done......the Texans should take notes........

Posted Images

This is my prediction for Houston's starting pitching next year.

1. Justin Verlander 33 million

2. Zack Greinke 35 million

3. Lance McCullers Jr  4.5 million eligible for Arb

4. Aaron Sanchez 3.9 million  eligible for Arb

5. Jose Urquidy  salary not available but sure it is low. 

Two are coming off surgery Sanchez and McCullers hopefully they make a full recovery.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pitchers who will not be back

1. Cole FA  Predicting the Angels but hoping the Dodgers sign him, he needs to go to the National League

2. Rondon FA

3. McHugh FA

4. Harris would like to see them sign him even though he threw the tatter pitch actually threw a couple in the WS but was very good most of the season, but not expecting him to resign

5. Miley give him his walking papers FA

6. Joe Smith  FA

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, topher805 said:

I expect another 100 win season. I expect another trip to the World Series. Pitching will be better overall. Bats will be about the same. Hopefully more consistency. 

Plus we will have Alvarez from the get go

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Plus we will have Alvarez from the get go

Early guesses...

1B: Yuli
2B: Altuve
3B: Bregman
SS: Correa
LF: Brantley
CF: Springer
RF: Tucker
DH: Alvarez

Bench: Straw, Marisnick, Diaz, Stubbs, Mayfield

1. Verlander
2. Greinke
3. McCullers
4. Urquidy
5. Whitley/Sanchez

Bullpen: Harris, Peacock, Pressley, Osuna, Abreu, James

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Early guesses...

1B: Yuli
2B: Altuve
3B: Bregman
SS: Correa
LF: Brantley
CF: Springer
RF: Tucker
DH: Alvarez

Bench: Straw, Marisnick, Diaz, Stubbs, Mayfield

1. Verlander
2. Greinke
3. McCullers
4. Urquidy
5. Whitley/Sanchez

Bullpen: Harris, Peacock, Pressley, Osuna, Abreu, James

We have Reddick under contract next year I don't know if it is guaranteed or not but i would be releasing him. Whitley is a mystery to me i hope he can move on up.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

We have Reddick under contract next year I don't know if it is guaranteed or not but i would be releasing him. Whitley is a mystery to me i hope he can move on up.  

Reddick will be gone to free up salary space for Springer or a winter signing. All accounts have Whitley putting together a nice run in the Arizona Fall League. If he can put it together, he has a spot on the roster. Need him up soon for grooming before Verlander & Greinke leave...

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

I predict Whitley starting from the get go next year.     He has made mechanical changes and has been tearing up Pacific League 

Good to hear, I know Houston was high on him

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, topher805 said:

Reddick will be gone to free up salary space for Springer or a winter signing. 

The only way Reddick is gone is if we pay a substantial piece of his salary.    Nobody is going to take that salary off our hands 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! Sorry for the WS loss...seriously. I'm a lifelong Rangers fan so y'all know I know the pain. That WS loss to the Cardinals was a heartbreaker!! 

I'm just curious and I don't really keep up with the Astros. I know Verlander, Cole, & Grienke came to Houston via trade. How many 2019 WS Astros players are "homegrown"...came up through the Astros minor league system or were FA acquisitions at a younger age? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Hey guys! Sorry for the WS loss...seriously. I'm a lifelong Rangers fan so y'all know I know the pain. That WS loss to the Cardinals was a heartbreaker!! 

I'm just curious and I don't really keep up with the Astros. I know Verlander, Cole, & Grienke came to Houston via trade. How many 2019 WS Astros players are "homegrown"...came up through the Astros minor league system or were FA acquisitions at a younger age? 

Springer, Correa, Bregman, Altuve, Alvarez, came through the farm system a lot of their pitchers came from trades. McCullers and Urquidy came through the farm system. Yuli came from the foreign draft system however that works. Reddick and Chirino came as FA along with Brantley

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Chirenos and Maldonado FA's. I thinknthey keep Chirenos. Interested on if they bring in another catcher...

I think they might keep Chirinos also and let Martine go and move up one from the minors to backup Chirinos 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Crane came out and said the Astros will make a run at keeping Cole and he isn't against paying the luxury tax for the upcoming season...Not sure we will pay what Cole wants (Not sure anyone will pay what Boras plans on asking for), but I like seeing us be aggressive and trying to keep him. I also like seeing an owner that isn't afraid to spend and keep this window of opportunity open a little longer...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, topher805 said:

Crane came out and said the Astros will make a run at keeping Cole and he isn't against paying the luxury tax for the upcoming season...Not sure we will pay what Cole wants (Not sure anyone will pay what Boras plans on asking for), but I like seeing us be aggressive and trying to keep him. I also like seeing an owner that isn't afraid to spend and keep this window of opportunity open a little longer...

I think he needs to offer him at least $38 million to keep him that's what Scherzer and Stasburg are making.  Anything less, and he bolts.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Before his Game 6 start I thought we had a chance at Strausburg to replace Cole. Not anymore. This will be Harper/Machado all over again with the waiting game to see who gets what, setting up the next deal...

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, topher805 said:

Crane came out and said the Astros will make a run at keeping Cole and he isn't against paying the luxury tax for the upcoming season...Not sure we will pay what Cole wants (Not sure anyone will pay what Boras plans on asking for), but I like seeing us be aggressive and trying to keep him. I also like seeing an owner that isn't afraid to spend and keep this window of opportunity open a little longer...

Would like to see Cole back but I wouldn't break the bank over him besides I think he is dead set on going to high tax state of California where a lot of the money will go into the sinkhole of California never ending progressive ideals, you need a lot of money to live out there, some of that money should be used to buy a big generator for his next house....lol 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Would like to see Cole back but I wouldn't break the bank over him besides I think he is dead set on going to high tax state of California where a lot of the money will go into the sinkhole of California never ending progressive ideals, you need a lot of money to live out there, some of that money should be used to buy a big generator for his next house....lol 

:rofl:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...