⚾️ The OFFICIAL 2020 Houston Astros Offseason Thread ⚾️

Wild74

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

Well...We will see plenty of Rendon...7 years $245 million to the Angels. 

I think Houston will pay Correa, he is a fan favorite and if he can get healthy will be a mainstay at SS for Houston in the years to come. 

Altuve, Bregman, Springer, Correa are the centerpiece of Houston's future , Yuli had a great year but is 36 years old Brantley will be gone after this year. Alvarez if he hits like he did this past year might be a mainstay also.  

56 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I think Houston will pay Correa, he is a fan favorite and if he can get healthy will be a mainstay at SS for Houston in the years to come. 

Altuve, Bregman, Springer, Correa are the centerpiece of Houston's future , Yuli had a great year but is 36 years old Brantley will be gone after this year. Alvarez if he hits like he did this past year might be a mainstay also.  

I would have been okay with moving Correa if it meant we were getting Rendon. With that not happening, I say build around that stacked infield of Bregman, Correa, and Altuve. I think Alvarez transitions to 1B when Yuli can't do it anymore. Do you pay Springer or Correa this offseason?

1 minute ago, topher805 said:

I would have been okay with moving Correa if it meant we were getting Rendon. With that not happening, I say build around that stacked infield of Bregman, Correa, and Altuve. I think Alvarez transitions to 1B when Yuli can't do it anymore. Do you pay Springer or Correa this offseason?

I pay Springer, Correa hasn't earned a big payday yet, maybe this season will be the season he puts together a big year, he was having a good year until he got hurt and then broke those ribs under suspect conditions. 

1 minute ago, Wild74 said:

I pay Springer, Correa hasn't earned a big payday yet, maybe this season will be the season he puts together a big year, he was having a good year until he got hurt and then broke those ribs under suspect conditions. 

I agree. That's why I wasn't mad when I learned the Astros were entertaining offers for Correa. That told me they don't trust his health and have concerns about him signing a new contract in Houston. 

He reminds me a lot of JD Clowney. Generational player. Injury prone. Says the right things, but still get the feeling he would rather be somewhere else...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 9:19 AM, Wild74 said:

Pay Springer, before Correa ...

On 1/2/2020 at 10:53 PM, topher805 said:

Will Harris to the Nationals for 3 years $24 million. This one definitely stings...

Considering he was on the mound when Howie Kendrick hit the home run that eventually was the difference in the 2019 World Series, Will Harris’s decision to sign with Washington after the Nationals beat his Houston Astros this past October might seem like an odd one, something that the 35-year-old reliever acknowledged in an interview on the MLB Network’s Hot Stove show on Monday afternoon.

“I think from the very beginning they seemed to be the most bullish on me,” Harris said in explaining his decision to sign a 3-year/$24M contract with the Nationals last week.

Hate to see him go

2 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I would fire both of them for cheating and being complete idiots, they have tainted the 2017 WS and the thing about it they didn’t need to cheat they had a great team 

Speak for yourself.......I don't CARE how they did it, as long as they got it done......the Texans should take notes........

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Speak for yourself.......I don't CARE how they did it, as long as they got it done......the Texans should take notes........

That is all I ever do is speak for myself but I have said and will say again you can’t get the info to the batter fast enough to make a difference even if you know what’s coming

• Like 1