⚾️ The OFFICIAL 2020 Houston Astros Offseason Thread ⚾️

Wild74

Cora is also about to get hit hard with a penalty since this was his brainchild, along with Carlos Beltran. 

All accounts have Hinch not liking and not condoning the plan, but not stopping it either. He damaged the monitor twice, but never really did anything to actually stop it.

3 hours ago, Wild74 said:

I would fire both of them for cheating and being complete idiots, they have tainted the 2017 WS and the thing about it they didn’t need to cheat they had a great team 

They weren't the one's cheating it was the players.  They didn't do anything about it, and that's why they were fired.  They shouldn't have been, because had they stopped the sign stealing Hinch would have lost the clubhouse, and that's something you can not do in any sport.  You also can't be their best friend as Jason Garrett was because then the team becomes complacent and lackadaisical.  I'm thinking Ned Yost might be a good candidate.  He's takes chances just as this Astros team has.  Some work and some don't work.  As for the cheating you still have to hit the ball even if you know what type of pitch is coming.  Location and speed are major factors in being able to hit the ball at 90+ miles per hour.  Even then only 4 players hit over .300.  They didn't put up major stats to do anything, and I felt they MLB penalties were enough.  The only reasoning I can see for removing Hinch  is you do want continuity with the program.  With him being gone for a year it could have caused problems similar to when Luke Walton took over for Steve Kerr.  I realize that was an injury, but it is similar.  I think it's a sad day for the Astros.   

3 hours ago, topher805 said:

Cora is also about to get hit hard with a penalty since this was his brainchild, along with Carlos Beltran. 

All accounts have Hinch not liking and not condoning the plan, but not stopping it either. He damaged the monitor twice, but never really did anything to actually stop it.

It makes me wonder if MLB will be watching the Mets closely this year or if he will be hit with anything.  In my opinion it should have be both of those two that were reprimanded.  I also hope MLB begins an investigation on Boston since Cora is their manager at the present time.  I doubt if Boston will fire him unless they start off slow this year.  Winning a World Series in Boston means a lot to those people.  This could get really interesting to see what happens.  

51 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

They weren't the one's cheating it was the players.  They didn't do anything about it, and that's why they were fired.  They shouldn't have been, because had they stopped the sign stealing Hinch would have lost the clubhouse, and that's something you can not do in any sport.  You also can't be their best friend as Jason Garrett was because then the team becomes complacent and lackadaisical.  I'm thinking Ned Yost might be a good candidate.  He's takes chances just as this Astros team has.  Some work and some don't work.  As for the cheating you still have to hit the ball even if you know what type of pitch is coming.  Location and speed are major factors in being able to hit the ball at 90+ miles per hour.  Even then only 4 players hit over .300.  They didn't put up major stats to do anything, and I felt they MLB penalties were enough.  The only reasoning I can see for removing Hinch  is you do want continuity with the program.  With him being gone for a year it could have caused problems similar to when Luke Walton took over for Steve Kerr.  I realize that was an injury, but it is similar.  I think it's a sad day for the Astros.   

In baseball the stain is forever, I am disappointed 

• Stinks 1

3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

It makes me wonder if MLB will be watching the Mets closely this year or if he will be hit with anything.  In my opinion it should have be both of those two that were reprimanded.  I also hope MLB begins an investigation on Boston since Cora is their manager at the present time.  I doubt if Boston will fire him unless they start off slow this year.  Winning a World Series in Boston means a lot to those people.  This could get really interesting to see what happens.  

A lot of talk on Cora getting the ole lifetime ban...

11 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Showalter would seem to me to be a very good pick. 

I used to be high on him when he was with the Yankees, Diamondbacks, and Rangers, but I'm not so sure anymore after his stint with the Orioles.  I know they were a dumpster fire with some of their signings.  I just don't think he can do it anymore.  

11 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I used to be high on him when he was with the Yankees, Diamondbacks, and Rangers, but I'm not so sure anymore after his stint with the Orioles.  I know they were a dumpster fire with some of their signings.  I just don't think he can do it anymore.  

I think Baltimore was a lost cause for him they are a really bad team that didn't have the juice. 

My problem with this whole this is the players are skating by.   MLB admitted while Hinch knew about it he actively tried to stop it, but didn't report it to MLB so he's banned. The players were the driving force here evidently led by Cora & Beltran.  I have no clue how much Lunhow knew.  You get caught you pay the price. But anybody who thinks they were the only ones doing it is pretty naïve.  Like I said......you get caught you are the one that is gonna get the hammer. 

MLB has already disproved the "wearing buzzer" theories, but the sharks are in the water already so that story will just keep growing.  I'd like to at least see the players step up and take some responsibility for their manager getting thrown under the bus.  Everybody is praising the commissioner for being courageous......but notice he ain't brave enough to mess with the Player's Union.  Nobody gonna mess with the goose laying the golden eggs

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1