⚾️ The OFFICIAL 2020 Houston Astros Offseason Thread ⚾️

Wild74

7 hours ago, topher805 said:

Watched the press conference. Was a huge waste of time.

I agree, and I'm not sure but it could lead to being banned.  It would be bad for baseball in Houston, but it could happen.  After the 1919 White Sox scandal they didn't return to the World Series for 39 years and it took 86 years to win one again against the Astros.  I'm not saying sign stealing is worse than throwing a World Series, but who knows what other penalties that Manfred could levy.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I agree, and I'm not sure but it could lead to being banned.  It would be bad for baseball in Houston, but it could happen.  After the 1919 White Sox scandal they didn't return to the World Series for 39 years and it took 86 years to win one again against the Astros.  I'm not saying sign stealing is worse than throwing a World Series, but who knows what other penalties that Manfred could levy.  

No other punishments will be doled out. Players were granted immunity to cooperate with the investigation. If Manfred went back on that deal, all hell would break loose. The MLBPA would have a field day with that.

I agree with what Crane said, he just could have worded things better. The scripted parts for Bregman and Altuve were bad. Those two were much better in the locker room when the media got in.

While reading about the Astros on FaceBook there is a lot of trolls spreading their hate for the Astros around and the Sports world and even the Little League piling on by banning the Astros name I started thinking this is going to be a long year but in retrospect it could be just the opposite, this could be a very enjoyable year beating all the teams out there with their hateful fans wanting to boo and hollar cheater everytime a Astro batter steps to the plate, I think I can't wait for the season to get started now, maybe Alvarez will pound out 45 hrs, Correa & Springer will stay healthy Altuve hitting 340 again along with a 40 HR season from Bregman and the pitching staff will come together with Lance coming back and get past the loss of Cole. Another great season with the added value of being hated by every fan base. Life is still good for the Astro fan.....😎

Altuve and Bregman were booed pretty badly during their first at-bats in Lakeland against Detroit. Cameron Maybin was cheered loudly to lead off the bottom of the first for Detroit. Maybin got America free tacos in 2017 when he stole second base in the World Series for...the Houston Astros...😂

1 minute ago, topher805 said:

Agreed. I really want the Hate Us shirt that I saw on Twitter the other day...

And all of the PLAYERS should get them one and wear them in warmup..........BE the bad boys........screw the rest of the league AND their fans.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...