The Smoakhouse Forums
Wild74

⚾️ The OFFICIAL 2020 Houston Astros Offseason Thread ⚾️

Watched the press conference. Was a huge waste of time.

7 hours ago, topher805 said:

Watched the press conference. Was a huge waste of time.

I agree, and I'm not sure but it could lead to being banned.  It would be bad for baseball in Houston, but it could happen.  After the 1919 White Sox scandal they didn't return to the World Series for 39 years and it took 86 years to win one again against the Astros.  I'm not saying sign stealing is worse than throwing a World Series, but who knows what other penalties that Manfred could levy.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I agree, and I'm not sure but it could lead to being banned.  It would be bad for baseball in Houston, but it could happen.  After the 1919 White Sox scandal they didn't return to the World Series for 39 years and it took 86 years to win one again against the Astros.  I'm not saying sign stealing is worse than throwing a World Series, but who knows what other penalties that Manfred could levy.  

No other punishments will be doled out. Players were granted immunity to cooperate with the investigation. If Manfred went back on that deal, all hell would break loose. The MLBPA would have a field day with that.

I agree with what Crane said, he just could have worded things better. The scripted parts for Bregman and Altuve were bad. Those two were much better in the locker room when the media got in.

"If MLB did an investigation as thorough as they did on the Astros with every team in baseball, they’re going to find a lot more than they want to find."

- Joe Musgrove
Pittsburgh Pirates Pitcher

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

86610527_2730896543654328_8804863839347671040_n.jpg

🤣🤣

That's how the Press Conference would have gone had I been the owner and not that yellow coward Crane........

• Haha 1

While reading about the Astros on FaceBook there is a lot of trolls spreading their hate for the Astros around and the Sports world and even the Little League piling on by banning the Astros name I started thinking this is going to be a long year but in retrospect it could be just the opposite, this could be a very enjoyable year beating all the teams out there with their hateful fans wanting to boo and hollar cheater everytime a Astro batter steps to the plate, I think I can't wait for the season to get started now, maybe Alvarez will pound out 45 hrs, Correa & Springer will stay healthy Altuve hitting 340 again along with a 40 HR season from Bregman and the pitching staff will come together with Lance coming back and get past the loss of Cole. Another great season with the added value of being hated by every fan base. Life is still good for the Astro fan.....😎

Astros SHOULD do like the Raiders always did an EMBRACE the evil empire image......nothing wrong with being the bad guys as long as you win and back it up......

• Like 1

VIDEO: David Ortiz Calls Mike Fiers a ‘Snitch’ for Blowing Whistle on Astros’ Sign-Stealing Scandal

:rofl: We are getting ready for the season to begin

• Haha 1

Astros still stealing signs at spring training game.

2 minutes ago, mellon said:

Astros still stealing signs at spring training game.

Great steal.....Actually that is the Nationals stealing those signs that is a home game for the Nationals...lol

• Like 1

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/02/23/fans-hoping-to-heckle-astros-spring-opener-get-signs-stolen/

Should take on the "bad guy" mentality......wear BLACK in warmup.......to hell with the rest of the league........be baseball's version of the 1970s and 1980s Oakland Raiders..........

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 1:48 PM, Wild74 said:

Great steal.....Actually that is the Nationals stealing those signs that is a home game for the Nationals...lol

Yup. Facility rules and have always been that way. Nothing new...

Altuve and Bregman were booed pretty badly during their first at-bats in Lakeland against Detroit. Cameron Maybin was cheered loudly to lead off the bottom of the first for Detroit. Maybin got America free tacos in 2017 when he stole second base in the World Series for...the Houston Astros...😂

49 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Altuve and Bregman were booed pretty badly during their first at-bats in Lakeland against Detroit.

They should EMBRACE the evil bad boys image...........

2 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

They should EMBRACE the evil bad boys image...........

Agreed. I really want the Hate Us shirt that I saw on Twitter the other day...

1 minute ago, topher805 said:

Agreed. I really want the Hate Us shirt that I saw on Twitter the other day...

And all of the PLAYERS should get them one and wear them in warmup..........BE the bad boys........screw the rest of the league AND their fans.......

If Tucker is the man of the future he at least needs to get a hit I think he is 0-25 in Spring Training

Tucker finally got off the snide and went 3 for 3 with a double and homer 

This delay may work to the Astros advanage with Alvarez bad knee and JV muscle strain