The Official 2020 Rangers Offseason Thread

Stoney

15 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

Choo Gallo and Calhoun. Also have Deshields. Still possible they make more trades

Choose and Calhoun are both liabilities defensively.  Both in the OF at the same time could be disastrous.

Can't remember, but is Josh Reddick a FA?

4 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Choose and Calhoun are both liabilities defensively.  Both in the OF at the same time could be disastrous.

Can't remember, but is Josh Reddick a FA?

Josh Reddick is not a FA but Houston I heard was trying to trade him because of his salary, seems like Houston said they would eat part of that salary to move him

On 12/11/2019 at 9:43 PM, Stoney said:

Rendon signs with the Angels for 7yr/$245m. Rangers would only go 5 years not the 7 Boras wanted.

Those long term contracts can cost you a lot of money Pujols still has this year and next on his contract 29 million and 30 million the last year and I assume the Angels have no options but to pay him, he can barely walk to first base now....lol

I’m about sick of Daniels. It’s fine to be conservative to a point but all you talk about is we are going to be big players in the free-agent market and if you don’t do something before you know it there’s not going to be a third baseman left. You can try and trade but do they have the pieces to offer. I think Ryan built that team. Been declining since he left

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

I’m about sick of Daniels. It’s fine to be conservative to a point but all you talk about is we are going to be big players in the free-agent market and if you don’t do something before you know it there’s not going to be a third baseman left. You can try and trade but do they have the pieces to offer. I think Ryan built that team. Been declining since he left

Daniel's is a tightwad lol. I saw the Rangers play Seattle on Michael Young night and he got booed loudly.

• Like 1

JD starting to act like Davis’ and Simpson’s money is his money. You wanna be a tightwad be a tightwad but don’t sell the fans on a new stadium and the hopes of being a player in free agency/playoff contender. All they have done since the last World Series is cut payroll. 

No way that was JD’s fault. The owners are idiots. They’re probably trying to flip the team in the next year or two. This team isn’t really committed to winning, and everyone is delusional if you think JD screwed this up. He can only offer guys what the owners give him. They weren’t ever going to make a serious offer to Rendon. It’s clear after they said they weren’t comfortable going after Donaldson. They were never going to spend big this offseason. It was all a way to show the fans, oh well, at least we tried. We threw out what we thought were big numbers, but shucks, we just didn’t get him. Get real people. We wanted a championship, we got air conditioning and a shopping mall. 

1 hour ago, wtlobos said:

No way that was JD’s fault. The owners are idiots. They’re probably trying to flip the team in the next year or two. This team isn’t really committed to winning, and everyone is delusional if you think JD screwed this up. He can only offer guys what the owners give him. They weren’t ever going to make a serious offer to Rendon. It’s clear after they said they weren’t comfortable going after Donaldson. They were never going to spend big this offseason. It was all a way to show the fans, oh well, at least we tried. We threw out what we thought were big numbers, but shucks, we just didn’t get him. Get real people. We wanted a championship, we got air conditioning and a shopping mall. 

disagree. this team has been declining since Ryan left. Daniels has made some trades in the past some worked ok but many blew up in his face. don't disagree not paying that much money for Rendon but JD has to stop kicking tires and get serious

3 hours ago, ClawNAntler said:

disagree. this team has been declining since Ryan left. Daniels has made some trades in the past some worked ok but many blew up in his face. don't disagree not paying that much money for Rendon but JD has to stop kicking tires and get serious

There’s no way it was JD’s decision to not pull the trigger on 7 years for him. Boras had told everyone he was wanting 7 years, everyone knew it would take 7 years and the Rangers ownership wasn’t comfortable with more than 5. You can’t put that on JD. He’s not putting up the money, this comes down to ownership. 

I will say it until I’m blue in the face. Davis and and Simpson ain’t long as owners of this team. A new stadium. A low payroll. Young team. That is three huge points for a owner looking to sell his team. 

17 hours ago, wtlobos said:

There’s no way it was JD’s decision to not pull the trigger on 7 years for him. Boras had told everyone he was wanting 7 years, everyone knew it would take 7 years and the Rangers ownership wasn’t comfortable with more than 5. You can’t put that on JD. He’s not putting up the money, this comes down to ownership. 

No the way it suppose to work the owners give him a budget and it’s his responsibility to build the team and if he doesn’t do the job you get another general manager. If you are saying they are calling all the shots what is the point of having him be like Jerry Jones and control everything.