The Official 2020 Rangers Offseason Thread

Stoney

• 2 weeks later...

Starting pitching has been addressed. I'm hoping there is still a move or two or three in the works to improve the offense at key positions. Also now looks like the normal AAA signings with roster invites are going to be really important for the depth in case of injuries with as much offense as has been shipped out the door. 

On 1/4/2020 at 4:49 PM, thegreatbambino said:

Would like for the Rangers to sign Chirinos and Frazier, both are veterans that play solid defense and have some pop.

Looks like you get part of your wish. Chirinos back on a one year deal.

15 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

Saw where they are in talks with OFs Ozuna and Castellanos.

Castellanos is a liability in the field.

Bringing Chirinos backs is a huge upgrade over the dump that was the catcher position last year.

This team looks pretty solid if can find a 3B and possible 1B.  I wouldn't mind another relief pitcher.  Hoping to see more Nick Solak and less Rougy.

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Castellanos is a liability in the field.

Bringing Chirinos backs is a huge upgrade over the dump that was the catcher position last year.

This team looks pretty solid if can find a 3B and possible 1B.  I wouldn't mind another relief pitcher.  Hoping to see more Nick Solak and less Rougy.

But he is a pretty good RH bat, which the Rangers lack. 

Rangers have upgraded significantly at catcher bringing Chirinos back and Frazier seems like he'll be an upgrade over what we trotted out at 3B last year.  Rotation, if healthy, could be one of the best in the AL.

Still weary about the bullpen and 1B doesn't look to promising.  I'd also like to see Solak at 2B more than Odor.  He seemed to have a good approach at the plate opposed to Odor's swing-at-everything.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Rangers have upgraded significantly at catcher bringing Chirinos back and Frazier seems like he'll be an upgrade over what we trotted out at 3B last year.  Rotation, if healthy, could be one of the best in the AL.

Still weary about the bullpen and 1B doesn't look to promising.  I'd also like to see Solak at 2B more than Odor.  He seemed to have a good approach at the plate opposed to Odor's swing-at-everything.

Guzman is at least good defensively. He has shown promise at times, now if he could just put it all together.

As of right now you are looking at a lineup/rotation of...

C-Chirinos

1B-Guzman

2B-Odor

3B-Frazier

SS-Andrus

LF-Calhoun

CF-Santana

RF-Gallo

DH-Choo

SUBS:

Solak

Trevino/Mathis