Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stoney

The Official 2020 Rangers Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

Finally starting to get back into baseball mode! Excited for the real season to get going

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LHP Brocke Burke will have surgery on his shoulder and miss the year. 

 

Hearn, Allard, Palumbo, and Jurado can all fill in if needed. Finally have a little rotation depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel better about this team than I have in a bit...think the pieces could be there to make a run at a wild card and really contend again thereafter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2020 at 10:00 AM, TxFight said:

I feel better about this team than I have in a bit...think the pieces could be there to make a run at a wild card and really contend again thereafter

My worries are bullpen, 1st base, CF defense, and the unpredictability of Odor.  This could potentially be one of the best rotations in a long time.

Bird and Guzman have been duds so far in spring training at 1st. 

I love what Santana brings, just not as an everyday CF, wish Texas would have went after Billy Hamilton.  I know he isn't much of a hitter, but he would have brought good D' in CF and speed at the 9 spot in the batting order.

Nonetheless, this is the most excited I've been for a season since the last playoff team.  And of course game 1 is in the middle of a work day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang Calhoun took a 95 mph heater to the face today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2020 at 3:59 PM, Red90fly said:

Dang Calhoun took a 95 mph heater to the face today.

I was okay watching the replays.  Then I saw a replay with the sound turned up and the sound of that impact made me sick to my stomach!  I bet a lot of players turn to the face guard after this occurrence!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 5:49 PM, Red90fly said:

My worries are bullpen, 1st base, CF defense, and the unpredictability of Odor.  This could potentially be one of the best rotations in a long time.

Bird and Guzman have been duds so far in spring training at 1st. 

I love what Santana brings, just not as an everyday CF, wish Texas would have went after Billy Hamilton.  I know he isn't much of a hitter, but he would have brought good D' in CF and speed at the 9 spot in the batting order.

Nonetheless, this is the most excited I've been for a season since the last playoff team.  And of course game 1 is in the middle of a work day.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see Kiner-Falefa play 3rd, a bunch and Frazier play 1st a bunch. Guzman gets the short end of the stick because he has options left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...