Winnsboro vs. Mineola

chevyman

At the  beginning of the year, if you would have told me that we would have a chance in the last game of the year to win and get in the playoffs with a 6-4 record then i would have taken it all day. Here is your opportunity boys. Move past last night and focus on this one coming up. Never a better position to be in. 

1 minute ago, chevyman said:

At the  beginning of the year, if you would have told me that we would have a chance in the last game of the year to win and get in the playoffs with a 6-4 record then i would have taken it all day. Here is your opportunity boys. Move past last night and focus on this one coming up. Never a better position to be in. 

This game in Winnsboro? If so big advantage Winnsboro 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bclove05 said:

This game in Winnsboro? If so big advantage Winnsboro 

Yes it is, looking like some rain in the forecast next week so will be interesting to see if our field is playable or not. It was in really really bad shape this past thursday for the 9th and JV

4 hours ago, chevyman said:

Yes it is, looking like some rain in the forecast next week so will be interesting to see if our field is playable or not. It was in really really bad shape this past thursday for the 9th and JV

I’d say no matter what yalls field is playable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chevyman said:

As long as it benefits us I'm good with it. What happened with you guys last night? Very surprised by that

Idk. I was at work. But from what I hear they got off to a quick start taking advantage of one of our starting DBs having to sit out first half and never slowed down. 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Idk. I was at work. But from what I hear they got off to a quick start taking advantage of one of our starting DBs having to sit out first half and never slowed down. 

I just watched the recap on hudl and there were some blown coverages it appeared to me. 

Raiders 4-0 at home

Raiders 1-4 on the road

This game being at home appears to benefit Winny but they will still need to be prepared and play hard. Every adversity that has come up this season, the Raiders have responded very well so i look for them to be ready this week and have a good gameplan 

I think the biggest matchup to watch will be the Raiders defensive line vs the Jackets offensive line and running backs. Winny has been able to at times play a smaller front and get away with it but in this game I believe they will be forced to play bigger guys more often to combat the size of Minnys line and backs. I also think if there is too much emphasis paid on 22 and 23 then someone else could beat us and that would be very detrimental 

What a game tonight. Minny had Winny on the ropes early up 14-0 and the Raiders just kept clawing back to make it 21-20 at half and then the second half was just a dogfight. Both teams making big plays going back and forth before Winny made just a couple more plays late in the game to seal the win. #8 was an absolute monster tonight for the Raiders. #23 was as advertised i just think he got tired and was a little banged up late in the game. Also did not touch the ball on their last offensive possession. Hats off to the Jackets. Awesome game Raiders, dont be satisfied now

• Like 1