Playoffs 3A Division 2. Daingerfield 1st round opponent

Geno35777

3 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Yeah, maybe like Athens. LOL

I watched Daingerfield play new Anderson Shiro here  last year here.

Carthage would be nice, of course this is all just speculation that the game happens, alot to be determined b4 then good luck to both squads going into playoffs 

14 hours ago, Pax said:

Elysian fields needs to win, but they also need Daingerfield to beat New Diana.  They need both to happen to make the playoffs, and they get the 3 seed of they both happen.  There is no other path to the playoffs for Elysian Fields.

Here is what I'm fairly certain of (assuming PP beats QC and W beats OC - which are safe bets I think) :

If New Diana wins, the EF v DK game doesn't matter, and these are the seeds :

1) PP

2) ND

3) DF

4) W

If Daingerfield and Elysian Fields win :

1 )DF

2) PP

3) EF

4) see NOTE below

If Daingerfield and DeKalb win :

1) DF

2) PP

3) ND

4) W

NOTE : In the event that Daingerfield and Elysian Fields win, the 4 seed will be between New Diana and Waskom.  I'm not confident enough in how the tie breakers work to assert which it would be because there is too much conflicting data.  Wild74 heard from a Waskom coach that they use points first, then head-to-head - in which case New Diana would win this tie-breaker, but 1) I haven't found any district that uses that method - the methods they use would make Waskom the winner of the tie-breaker, and 2) that same coach told Wild that the only scenario where Waskom makes the playoffs is if DeKalb beats Elysian Fields, and that's not the case.  Waskom would make the playoffs if New Diana beats Daingerfield regardless of what happens in the EF/DK game.  For these reasons, I'm not calling who the 4 seed would be in this scenario.   

From everything I've seen all 3 way ties go to points with an 18 or 21 point cap. Obviously 2 way ties go head to head. 

28 minutes ago, NewtonNation said:

From everything I've seen all 3 way ties go to points with an 18 or 21 point cap. Obviously 2 way ties go head to head. 

Yeah, that's not the issue.  In this case, there is a 3-way tie for the 3 and 4 seeds.  Elysian Fields wins that tie so they get the 3 seed. The issue is, do you stay on points and give the 4th seed to Waskom - who is second in points, or do you revert back to head to head and break the tie that way - in which case New Diana gets the 4.  From everything I've seen from districts whose tie breaker rules I can find, you stay on points once you have to go to points, but someone heard from a Waskom coach that Waskom would be out.  

31 minutes ago, Pax said:

Yeah, that's not the issue.  In this case, there is a 3-way tie for the 3 and 4 seeds.  Elysian Fields wins that tie so they get the 3 seed. The issue is, do you stay on points and give the 4th seed to Waskom - who is second in points, or do you revert back to head to head and break the tie that way - in which case New Diana gets the 4.  From everything I've seen from districts whose tie breaker rules I can find, you stay on points once you have to go to points, but someone heard from a Waskom coach that Waskom would be out.  

Only way Waskom gets in is if DeKalb beats EF, that is 4 district losses for EF then it comes down to a tie break with ND, Waskom and DeKalb. We beat DeKalb and lost to ND logically we end in 4th and ND ends in 3rd place. 

Daingerfield

PP

EF

ND

Unless the above upset happens. Also DeKalb is 4th if they win and OC beats Waskom

2 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Only way Waskom gets in is if DeKalb beats EF, that is 4 district losses for EF then it comes down to a tie break with ND, Waskom and DeKalb. We beat DeKalb and lost to ND logically we end in 4th and ND ends in 3rd place. 

Daingerfield

PP

EF

ND

Unless the above upset happens. 

Waskom gets in if New Diana beats Daingerfield regardless of what happens in the EF v DK game, so EF beating DK is not the only path for Waskom.  PP would be 1, then ND, then DF would have 3.  Waskom would be tied with either EF or DK, and own the tie breaker against both.  

In a three way tie, every other district goes to points when there are head to head ties, and all seeds are set using points.  If there is a three way tie among EF, Waskom and New Diana, the top two teams in points are EF and Waskom.  The only way New Diana gets in and Waskom does not is if they only use points to determine the 3 seed, and then revert back to head to head for the 4.  No other district i can find does this, so it would be a unique tie breaker rule. I understand you heard this from a Waskom coach, but I am certain that same coach is wrong in saying Waskom's only chance is if EF beats DK.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Pax said:

Waskom gets in if New Diana beats Daingerfield regardless of what happens in the EF v DK game, so EF beating DK is not the only path for Waskom.  PP would be 1, then ND, then DF would have 3.  Waskom would be tied with either EF or DK, and own the tie breaker against both.  

In a three way tie, every other district goes to points when there are head to head ties, and all seeds are set using points.  If there is a three way tie among EF, Waskom and New Diana, the top two teams in points are EF and Waskom.  The only way New Diana gets in and Waskom does not is if they only use points to determine the 3 seed, and then revert back to head to head for the 4.  No other district i can find does this, so it would be a unique tie breaker rule. I understand you heard this from a Waskom coach, but I am certain that same coach is wrong in saying Waskom's only chance is if EF beats DK.  

That's right about New Diana beating Daingerfield. I don't think that will happen just like DeKalb beating EF and OC beating Waskom but there is always a chance. 

Just now, Wild74 said:

That's right about New Diana beating Daingerfield. I don't think that will happen just like DeKalb beating EF and OC beating Waskom but there is always a chance. 

I dont think it will either, though Dekalb could beat EF.  That's realistic.  I still think it's odd that ND would get in ahead of Waskom when Waskom beats them in the point margin.  Every other district whose tie breaker rules I can find would have Waskom as the 4 over ND.  I understand ND won the head to head, but that gets thrown out the window as soon as there is a third team in the mix causing everyone's head to head record to be the same.  At least that's how it works in every other district.  I'll just take your word for it and let it be.  Good luck!

8 minutes ago, Pax said:

I dont think it will either, though Dekalb could beat EF.  That's realistic.  I still think it's odd that ND would get in ahead of Waskom when Waskom beats them in the point margin.  Every other district whose tie breaker rules I can find would have Waskom as the 4 over ND.  I understand ND won the head to head, but that gets thrown out the window as soon as there is a third team in the mix causing everyone's head to head record to be the same.  At least that's how it works in every other district.  I'll just take your word for it and let it be.  Good luck!

From a coach at Waskom....Points eliminated one time in a three way tie and then it goes head to head. So EF is +9  Waskom +2 Diana is -11. So EF is 3rd and then it goes head to head with us and Diana. We are out. Only way we get in is if EF loses and Waskom wins. If Diana beats Daingerfield then PP is 1st New Diana 2nd Daingerfield 3rd and Waskom 4th. I would like to have it your way but he is telling me this is how it is....:)

2 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

From a coach at Waskom....Points eliminated one time in a three way tie and then it goes head to head. So EF is +9  Waskom +2 Diana is -11. So EF is 3rd and then it goes head to head with us and Diana. We are out. Only way we get in is if EF loses and Waskom wins. If Diana beats Daingerfield then PP is 1st New Diana 2nd Daingerfield 3rd and EF 4th. I would like to have it your way but he is telling me this is how it is....:)

Im sure you would like it, though it's not "my" way.  I dont care either way.  These things just interest me.  I understand you are getting this from a source that you would think would know, but if this same person is telling you EF gets the 4 seed and not Waskom if ND beats DF, then I am certain your source is mistaken about that.  Either Waskom and EF would both end up 4-3 and Waskom owns that tie breaker - or - if DK wins, Waskom and DK would end at 4-3, and Waskom owns that tie breaker.  

40 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

From a coach at Waskom....Points eliminated one time in a three way tie and then it goes head to head. So EF is +9  Waskom +2 Diana is -11. So EF is 3rd and then it goes head to head with us and Diana. We are out. Only way we get in is if EF loses and Waskom wins. If Diana beats Daingerfield then PP is 1st New Diana 2nd Daingerfield 3rd and Waskom 4th. I would like to have it your way but he is telling me this is how it is....:)

For what it's worth, I dont think DeKalb beating Elysian Fields would be at all an upset.  It's close, but on paper, DeKalb could very much win.  

2 hours ago, Pax said:

For what it's worth, I dont think DeKalb beating Elysian Fields would be at all an upset.  It's close, but on paper, DeKalb could very much win.  

He corrected me to Waskom gets 4th seed if ND beats Daingerfield. If I was playing the odds I would say Waskom is out if I was going for the long shot I would bet on Waskom ...lol

44 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

He corrected me to Waskom gets 4th seed if ND beats Daingerfield. If I was playing the odds I would say Waskom is out if I was going for the long shot I would bet on Waskom ...lol

Good thing you’re a Baptist and don’t gamble.😂

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

That's what I mean.  New Diana beating Daingerfield is a longshot, sure. DeKalb beating Elysian Fields is not at all a long shot I dont think.

22 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

CC will be ready if y’all win..  we are young with 4 freshmen but still have been holding our own.. 

our run defense is pretty salty!  Don’t judge us on the newton score , they’re fixing to start hitting stride and just so happens they decided to start with us ! 

If we do play again I expect another great game! 

they’re fixing to start hitting stride and just so happens they decided to start with us ! 

It sure looks that way.

• Like 1