Joaquin Rams (8-1, 5-0) at Harleton Wildcats (7-2, 4-1)

trueblue82

Joaquin vs Harleton   

49 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Wildcats?

The last time the Joaquin Rams celebrated a district championship, they did it at Harleton’s Wildcat Stadium after capping off a 10-0 season with a win over the Wildcats in 2012. The Rams have an opportunity to repeat history Friday night when they travel north to take on the ‘Cats. Harleton lost their district opener, a head scratching 28-21 defeat by Linden-Kildare, but they have ground out four straight victories since, putting them in position to go from 1-9 and getting blown out every week to winning what some experts called the “toughest district in AA.” That title has yet to be earned, but you have to give the new Harleton coaching staff their due as the turnaround of the year. The switch to the wing-T looks to be just what the doctor ordered for the Wildcats.  The Rams will attack with their slot-T offense, so this game should move very quickly. The winner of this game will square off with the winner of West Sabine and Deweyville, who will be the #4 seed out of District 12. The loser will slide to the #2 seed and will face District 12’s #3, Shelbyville. Who takes home the trophy and why? 

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Harleton wins 36-35.  Why?  There have been a lot of unexpected outcomes this year in this district.  I think we get one more surprise Fri.  Both teams are solid and are worthy of the District Title.

The most Joaquin has given up this year is 23, and that included a couple of garbage TDs by Garrison after the game was decided. I’m not saying Harleton can’t win. They very well may be the best team we’ve seen. I just don’t think they’ll score 36 to do it. For Harleton to win they need to hold Joaquin to 3 TDs or less. 

Just now, trueblue82 said:

The most Joaquin has given up this year is 23, and that included a couple of garbage TDs by Garrison after the game was decided. I’m not saying Harleton can’t win. They very well may be the best team we’ve seen. I just don’t think they’ll score 36 to do it. For Harleton to win they need to hold Joaquin to 3 TDs or less. 

Fair assessment.

Garrison practically handed Harelton the win on a silver platter with costly penalties,  unprepared players, fake punts on their own end of the field, and mental mistakes after mental mistakes.  They lost a game they should have won ....

I'll take Joe Quinn by three scores ... rams are the better team ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison practically handed Harelton the win on a silver platter with costly penalties,  unprepared players, fake punts on their own end of the field, and mental mistakes after mental mistakes.  They lost a game they should have won ....

Harleton is one of those teams that makes opponents feel like they beat themselves. Not saying that’s what happened to Garrison, but I’ve seen fans from other teams echo your sentiments. “They’re not that good; we didn’t play well; should have beat them by 3 TDs; blah blah blah.” But here they are, 7-2 playing for a district championship. Our coaches and players have to take them seriously, or we’re gonna be saying those same things Saturday morning while looking at our 4th consecutive runner-up finish. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Harleton is one of those teams that makes opponents feel like they beat themselves. Not saying that’s what happened to Garrison, but I’ve seen fans from other teams echo your sentiments. “They’re not that good; we didn’t play well; should have beat them by 3 TDs; blah blah blah.” But here they are, 7-2 playing for a district championship. Our coaches and players have to take them seriously, or we’re gonna be saying those same things Saturday morning while looking at our 4th consecutive runner-up finish. 

If both teams play their best football, I have no doubt Joe Quin comes out on top.  Rams have better skilled position players and are more fundamentally sound overall ....

Looking forward to a great game. The Wildcats are a scary team right now for anyone. They've well exceeded expectations this year and have a hunger to shock the district. These boys have been hungry since the new staff stepped on campus and will run through walls for Coach Little and his coaches. Those kinds of teams are very dangerous. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 8:35 AM, KirtFalcon said:

Been the story all year.  Losing games we should win.  Just one of those years I guess.  Hoping we can turn it around for the playoffs, and hoping Beckville wins so we don’t pull SA in the first round😬

joaquin is by far more athletic, but Harleton is very very consistent.  Like scary consistent for a high school team.  They bleed the clock and capitalize on mistakes.  That being said, I’ll take Joaquin by 14.  Too many athletes.   Only issue I see is maybe 65 from Harleton giving them problems.  He’s pretty good.

but, and I’m not trying to argue for four pages lol, the fake punt would’ve gone for 40+ yards had Sebastion handled the snap.  Not knocking the kid though, everyone makes mistakes, and he makes fewer mistakes than most people.  Just a call that didn’t work out.

6 hours ago, Bulldog64 said:

Been the story all year.  Losing games we should win.  Just one of those years I guess.  Hoping we can turn it around for the playoffs, and hoping Beckville wins so we don’t pull SA in the first round😬

joaquin is by far more athletic, but Harleton is very very consistent.  Like scary consistent for a high school team.  They bleed the clock and capitalize on mistakes.  That being said, I’ll take Joaquin by 14.  Too many athletes.   Only issue I see is maybe 65 from Harleton giving them problems.  He’s pretty good.

but, and I’m not trying to argue for four pages lol, the fake punt would’ve gone for 40+ yards had Sebastion handled the snap.  Not knocking the kid though, everyone makes mistakes, and he makes fewer mistakes than most people.  Just a call that didn’t work out.

#65 & #3 are seniors that the rest of the team respect and feed off of. #65 is definitely the leader of that d-line. #3 is a senior that sparks both the offense and defense. Those two have as much heart as any I've ever seen and are fun to watch.