Joaquin Rams (8-1, 5-0) at Harleton Wildcats (7-2, 4-1)

trueblue82

Joaquin vs Harleton   

49 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Wildcats?

1 hour ago, BleedBlackGoldandWhite said:

We haven’t forgotten.  I still need therapy.😂  Those losses came during the 3 weakest years in a 30 year stretch for Alto.   Regardless, you came out with those victories. Props to Joaquin. But trust me.  We haven’t forgotten. 

Alto is a joke . Just like Joaquin’s play calling 

• Stinks 3

23 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Blu did yall run into some rat poison tonight? 

I don’t know about that. Harleton kids made some great plays in big situations. We had several opportunities in the third quarter to blow the game open, but couldn’t finish drives. They had us really well game planned and their kids made some really good defensive plays. The pick 6 was a huge momentum swing. We went from being poised to go up 20-9 early in the fourth to being down 16-13. We fumbled a squib kick because a kid was just trying too hard to make a play and they used it to put us away. Remember what I said about Harleton being one of those teams that makes you feel like you beat yourself? That’s exactly where we are. Hats off to them. Turnaround story of the year. 

Harleton did what they have done to everyone since the LK loss. They stood tall on defense and kept pounding for 4 quarters on offense. Beckville finally broke in the 3rd quarter and it was over. Tenaha had their will broke in the 2nd half. Garrison took us to the wire but we still had plenty left in the tank and pulled out the win behind a great defensive effort for 4 quarters. Joaquin beat us on the outside and once up the middle but seemed like they started grasping for plays in the 4th quarter after the Wildcats defense stiffened in the 3rd. Harleton stayed true to who they are and played a stellar 4th quarter. All season it has seemed like everyone has expected the Wildcats to lay down in the 2nd half, but that's not who they are anymore. You'd better be ready for a 4 quarter fight! Great game...good luck to the Rams in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Mavgrad98 said:

Harleton did what they have done to everyone since the LK loss. They stood tall on defense and kept pounding for 4 quarters on offense. Beckville finally broke in the 3rd quarter and it was over. Tenaha had their will broke in the 2nd half. Garrison took us to the wire but we still had plenty left in the tank and pulled out the win behind a great defensive effort for 4 quarters. Joaquin beat us on the outside and once up the middle but seemed like they started grasping for plays in the 4th quarter after the Wildcats defense stiffened in the 3rd. Harleton stayed true to who they are and played a stellar 4th quarter. All season it has seemed like everyone has expected the Wildcats to lay down in the 2nd half, but that's not who they are anymore. You'd better be ready for a 4 quarter fight! Great game...good luck to the Rams in the playoffs.

Harleton is 2 and done team 

Edited by Gilbert
SA will beat them 65-0
  • Stinks 2

4 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Maybe so, maybe not.  But I’m sure they could give a rip less about your thoughts right now.  They just beat Joaquin for the district title that not many thought they had a chance to win.  So if it’s all the same to you let’s give them some time to celebrate and hopefully enjoy a playoff win next week.  Then we can talk about round 2 when it gets here.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Gilbert said:

2 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Maybe so, maybe not.  But I’m sure they could give a rip less about your thoughts right now.  They just beat Joaquin for the district title that not many thought they had a chance to win.  So if it’s all the same to you let’s give them some time to celebrate and hopefully enjoy a playoff win next week.  Then we can talk about round 2 when it gets here.

Ok, but how far have they come, 4-16, the last 3 years, the last time I checked, 9-3 is a lot better than 2-8,1-9,1-9. Kids could of laid down after the Lk loss but didn’t. I was in town last night so thought I would go watch, no where near the harleton team under the last regime, attitude, physicalit, desire, everything different. As for the game, class by both sides all game long. Both teams are to be commended. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Destry said:

Ok, but how far have they come, 4-16, the last 3 years, the last time I checked, 9-3 is a lot better than 2-8,1-9,1-9. Kids could of laid down after the Lk loss but didn’t. I was in town last night so thought I would go watch, no where near the harleton team under the last regime, attitude, physicalit, desire, everything different. As for the game, class by both sides all game long. Both teams are to be commended. 

Correct this, 4-26 the last 3 years, sorry early morning math problem

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Destry said:

Harleton coach gets my vote for statewide Coach of the Year award, if they give one. Name me a bigger turnaround. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

So instead of going wk 3 to play SA and easier 1&2 they’ve got to play Shelbyville Wk 1 and possibly Alto week 2? I’d rather have an easier route to the furthest rounds, not possibly get knocked out week 1 and then get curb stomped by alto week 2....👀👀👀

Shots fired! Let’s go! I love it 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Harleton coach gets my vote for statewide Coach of the Year award, if they give one. Name me a bigger turnaround. 

Couldn’t agree more, good things happen when you fit the offense to the kids vs trying to make the kids fit your offense, from what I was told, changing the offense  was only part of the turn around 

The Harleton Wildcats have shown HEART,  DESIRE, and CLASS all season long.  We had several games this year we could have folded and didn’t.  We at Harleton are proud of our players, coaches, band and all our students who have made this a season to remember!!!  For the ones of you who doubted our program we understand after the last couple years but don’t make excuses when the Wildcats have hung in all season long and played with a mission.  We are supper proud of our guys who have worked hard under a total new staff and bought into their system and are now reaping the success that comes with hard work and desire.  PROUD TO BE A WILDCAT!!!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Joaquin is one of those teams that should be good but just isn’t. They find a way to disappoint their fans 2 or 3 times a year 

Not sure why this got down voted it’s kinda true 

Teams that are good Joaquin plays up to the task most often. Teams Joaquin should destroy on paper Joaquin stumbles around with them

8 minutes ago, Destry said:

Couldn’t agree more, good things happen when you fit the offense to the kids vs trying to make the kids fit your offense, from what I was told, changing the offense  was only part of the turn around 

The offense definitely fits the kids better, but the real difference I see in Harleton is their defense. That was a defensive battle last night and the Wildcats played with their backs to the wall for the entire third quarter. They kept getting stops for losses until the DB made a great read on the swing pass and turned the game around. All of their big wins have been low scoring games. They’ve won with defense. 

10 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Not sure why this got down voted it’s kinda true 

Teams that are good Joaquin plays up to the task most often. Teams Joaquin should destroy on paper Joaquin stumbles around with them

I’m not the one who down voted it, but it might have more to do with the poster than the post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Alto is a joke . Just like Joaquin’s play calling 

Dude shut up lol. There should be an automatic block on SDC that keeps ppl from posting after their final score is in the shape of a circle. Joaquin will prolly go a head and put y’all to sleep this next week, but just in case they don’t, we are definitely about to rock the baby 👶 🍼 

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

18 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Dude shut up lol. There should be an automatic block on SDC that keeps ppl from posting after their final score is in the shape of a circle. Joaquin will prolly go a head and put y’all to sleep this next week, but just in case they don’t, we are definitely about to rock the baby 👶🍼 

Lol 

35 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Dude shut up lol. There should be an automatic block on SDC that keeps ppl from posting after their final score is in the shape of a circle. Joaquin will prolly go a head and put y’all to sleep this next week, but just in case they don’t, we are definitely about to rock the baby 👶🍼 

Lol, 🤡Bert strikes again

Rams have the capability to make it to the Regional battle. They really do. They have the talent and speed, have a major depth issue but when all healthy and all playing hard they are very good. Problem is, now you have to be on all 4 quarters for every game now and they haven’t done that in many games this year 

Let’s hope Rams do what Tenaha did last year. Tenaha limped into playoffs and proceeded to turn it up 2-3 notches soon as playoffs started. They were a whole new team. 

Let’s see if Joaquin has it in them to do the same 

Depth is a real issue for the Rams this year. Our starting 11 can rival anyone’s but virtually every kid plays both ways with no sub. I think only 2 don’t go both ways. Our offense wears us down and it shows in the  2nd half. So if we have mistakes in first half and don’t score as we should then we aren’t nearly as effective on offense in the 2nd half..... IMO we haven’t put 4 good qtrs consecutively all year.

9 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Depth is a real issue for the Rams this year. Our starting 11 can rival anyone’s but virtually every kid plays both ways with no sub. I think only 2 don’t go both ways. Our offense wears us down and it shows in the  2nd half. So if we have mistakes in first half and don’t score as we should then we aren’t nearly as effective on offense in the 2nd half..... IMO we haven’t put 4 good qtrs consecutively all year.

How are the injuries right now? Will all starters be present round 1?