Nac 2-7(2-4)@Mt. Pleasant 4-5(2-4)

Nacwagons

Nac had 8 or so starters on offense and 6 on defense with a hand of others that contributed last year on a so so season of 5-5. I would have thought this would have been the year for them to contend, even with a new staff. But winning only 2 games doesn't bode well. Defense should be good next year with so many players with 2 years experience returning, but offense will be much weaker, after losing almost entire o-line, QB, and best 2 receivers. J.V. was winless and 9th won only a few games. Could be in for a tough couple of years. 

2 hours ago, missionimpossible said:

Nac had 8 or so starters on offense and 6 on defense with a hand of others that contributed last year on a so so season of 5-5. I would have thought this would have been the year for them to contend, even with a new staff. But winning only 2 games doesn't bode well. Defense should be good next year with so many players with 2 years experience returning, but offense will be much weaker, after losing almost entire o-line, QB, and best 2 receivers. J.V. was winless and 9th won only a few games. Could be in for a tough couple of years. 

I am disappointed with the win/loss and if we do this again next year I will be really frustrated. Nac was in every game, except lufkin game. I saw the changing of a program at its base. They have brought in some really good coaches who are teaching the kids how to be men not just athletes. Takes time to install a system, discipline in this team was much better then I have ever seen. Penalties/defense were better then ever. Turnovers were the downfall and not all were forced. 

JV didn’t win a game because the top 10-12 sophomores played varsity. Freshman was split into two teams because we have so many kids, there is a lot speed and depth in that group. 8th grade team coming is huge and fast with another Jones kid on the way. 

Tough part is we could be heading south in the next realignment which will not help for sure.

A little shocked by this outcome.  

If you had told me in the summer that Nac would finish (2-8) I NEVER would have believed that.

I honestly thought the district title was going to come down to Marshall, Nac, and PT.

No doubt Nac was improved.... but this district  APPEARS to be on the upswing.

Marshall's JV and Freshman had strong district seasons, PT did as well.  WH also has some talent coming up.  Can't ignore the improvements by MP.

Going to be a tougher row to hoe next season for everyone.

4 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

I am disappointed with the win/loss and if we do this again next year I will be really frustrated. Nac was in every game, except lufkin game. I saw the changing of a program at its base. They have brought in some really good coaches who are teaching the kids how to be men not just athletes. Takes time to install a system, discipline in this team was much better then I have ever seen. Penalties/defense were better then ever. Turnovers were the downfall and not all were forced. 

JV didn’t win a game because the top 10-12 sophomores played varsity. Freshman was split into two teams because we have so many kids, there is a lot speed and depth in that group. 8th grade team coming is huge and fast with another Jones kid on the way. 

Tough part is we could be heading south in the next realignment which will not help for sure.

Can you change your name to septictankwagon because you are so full of ####...

• Stinks 1

7 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Usually doesn't happen overnight. Programs that had inferior coaching takes time to develop. Nac was progressively getting better. When you have a culture of losing some habits are difficult to break. The Sr class should learn from this and work harder stronger than they did before. The training starts now not in August. Best of luck to yall. Palestine, Pine Tree, Greenville, Sabine, Spring Hill have become playoff teams. The dragons will get better as well. Gotta believe.

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1