Jax vs Lindale

Jets

Lindale should get Katy P, being the 3 seed. Pine Tree will get the tough task of traveling to A&M. Will be a tough game for Lindale and a long travel but will be winnable if they play lights out and force some turnovers. That A&M Consolidated game would have been brutal had PT won last week. 

Seems from the outside looking in. The lack of defensive growth plaqued the tribe all year. Very hard to win when you have so many rushing yards against you. Not making excuses but when you count on certain players to fill spots on your team and they either get in trouble or move. It's hard to have consistency. Maybe one day young men will take pride playing for jville and reestablish a winning tradition. 

On 11/3/2019 at 7:33 AM, LindalePride2002 said:

I was reading where a win over jax would give lindale a home field advantage in the playoffs...is that true? I thought only 1st and 2nd place had home field advantage 

There is no way for Lindale to host a playoff game unless the HC at Katy P gave it away....which isn't going to happen.

Marshall and Whitehouse will host....  Lindale and PT will travel.

I think Lindale will have a chance against Katy P.  PT has an uphill battle against AMC.

Huntsville is a tough draw for Whitehouse too....but the Hornets aren't as deadly on offense as they were last season...but they are still good.  

11 minutes ago, Jakeelee86 said:

This game was surprisingly a lot closer than I expected. Very high scoring. Happy to get the win though. Now on to the first round of the playoffs. Looks like we are gonna face Lamar Cons. Should be fun

As a Ndn fan I enjoyed that our boys didn't quit fought to the final horn hopefully they can take that into next season...Jenkins is awesome..good luck in the first round just need that secondary to tighten up.

Congratulations to Lindale.... another shootout with you guys. 2013, it was 61-58. Tonight, lots of points 65-50. Jenkins is the real deal but your two 10th grade QBs really got my attention. JAX will be back, we need a good off season, get bigger, faster, stronger. I’ll miss these seniors, what a great group of kids! They represented JAX with class, never quit. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Congratulations to Lindale.... another shootout with you guys. 2013, it was 61-58. Tonight, lots of points 65-50. Jenkins is the real deal but your two 10th grade QBs really got my attention. JAX will be back, we need a good off season, get bigger, faster, stronger. I’ll miss these seniors, what a great group of kids! They represented JAX with class, never quit. 

Yes I'll second that need to have a good off season....u may or may not agree with me on this but we need to get more young men to play and and the few good players we have need to stay u should know what I'm saying.

100% agree! We have several kids who could really add to the program (and their own life) if they could just behave. Sad to see so many kids throw their HS years away because they can’t act right.

We also have a lot of kids who just don’t want to play FB. We have kids walking the halls who could play. But I guess every school can say that, no?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

100% agree! We have several kids who could really add to the program (and their own life) if they could just behave. Sad to see so many kids throw their HS years away because they can’t act right.

To paraphrase Brad Stevens, IT'S HARD TO BE SUCCESSFUL IF SOME OF YOUR BEST PLAYERS ARE NOT ALSO YOUR BEST TEAMMATES.

looks.jpg

I have hope of better Falls soon ... just worried about the possible impact of

personal glory politics that could interrupt the overall TEAM CONCEPT.

Maybe ... maybe not.

I hope not ... It's a team sport - always has been - always will be - and the day it

ceases to be, is the day it should be removed from the public school curriculum.

It's a large part of the invaluable lessons that the game teaches - especially

in our times, when kids may not be taught the lessons anywhere else.

life.jpg

• Like 1