BURKEVILLE vs COLMESNEIL

DOB

Have no dog in the hunt, but kinda hoping B'ville can stop the streak at 38.

And maybe hoping that the community and board will consider looking at 6-man in the future.

All kids need to experience some success.

Tale of the Tape:

Colmesneil:  Ave about 13 ppg while yielding at a rate of about 42 ppg

Burkeville: Ave just over 11 ppg and giving up a little over 37 ppg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DOB said:

Have no dog in the hunt, but kinda hoping B'ville can stop the streak at 38.

And maybe hoping that the community and board will consider looking at 6-man in the future.

All kids need to experience some success.

Tale of the Tape:

Colmesneil:  Ave about 13 ppg while yielding at a rate of about 42 ppg

Burkeville: Ave just over 11 ppg and giving up a little over 37 ppg

It will be a defensive pillow fight

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Pulling for Burkeville, and I agree with DOB about what the BISD board should consider. 

I understand the traditions there during the Harper years ... but they haven't had but one winning season since 2006 ... and they haven't won more than two games a year during that period, except one - which was 5-4 in 2010 ... and I'm sure mileage is a big concern - but due to their location, mileage is kind of an issue in their current district placement.  There was a time when the closest six-man school was well on the other side of IH-45, but that has changed with Oakwood, Trinidad, Apple Springs, Union Hill, and Leverett's Chapel all located in East Texas ... even High Island on the coast is about as close to them as current district foes Grapeland and Lovelady ... as are the privates in the Marshall, Longview, Tyler corridor.  I believed they turned in 74 in the  current cycle - so I guess a lot would depend on whether that has changed for the better or the worse ... I know it's not any of my business sitting here 135 miles away ... but I am just thinking that's something they might consider ... for the kids sake, it may be time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DOB said:

I understand the traditions there during the Harper years ... but they haven't had but one winning season since 2006 ... and they haven't won more than two games a year during that period, except one - which was 5-4 in 2010 ... and I'm sure mileage is a big concern - but due to their location, mileage is kind of an issue in their current district placement.  There was a time when the closest six-man school was well on the other side of IH-45, but that has changed with Oakwood, Trinidad, Apple Springs, Union Hill, and Leverett's Chapel all located in East Texas ... even High Island on the coast is about as close to them as current district foes Grapeland and Lovelady ... as are the privates in the Marshall, Longview, Tyler corridor.  I believed they turned in 74 in the  current cycle - so I guess a lot would depend on whether that has changed for the better or the worse ... I know it's not any of my business sitting here 135 miles away ... but I am just thinking that's something they might consider ... for the kids sake, it may be time.

Agreed. I’m all about traditions, especially winning ones. But that winning tradition was established when they had the numbers to be competitive year-in, year-out. Those days are over, at least until something changes in their school district to bring the numbers back up. If you want to bring that tradition back, stop trying to punch above your weight class and give your kids a chance to compete. 6-man allows that, and the coaching jobs they eliminate would more than offset the extra travel costs. It’s a win win all the way around. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Burkeville will never go to six-man, so you guys are wasting your time wishing........

Burkvilles program looked better this year and numbers were better than in the last several years. I hope they continue to improve and numbers stay up. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Burkeville will never go to six-man, so you guys are wasting your time wishing........

No concerned discussion is ever a waste, especially if it involves kids ...

The good news .... I looked at their roster ... they have 4 seniors, 3 juniors, 8 sophomores, and a couple of freshman.

Maybe something is coming ... I hope so.

Looking at last year vs this year it is obvious that they have improved a bunch ... welcomed news.

2018 .......... 20 points scored (2.2ppg) and 434 points allowed (48.2ppg) in 9 games

2019 .......... 94 points scored (13.4ppg) and 300 points allowed (42.9ppg) in 7 games

That is quite an improvement ... kuddos to the staff and kids.

That's part of the reason I'm looking for a win this week.

• Like 1