Carthage Dawgs versus Kilgore Dogs

cowboyandchrist

12 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage wins by establishing the throw and mixing in the run. Then has total control of the game. 

Carthage wins 42-14.

Need to hold them to 7 just in case Brownwood shuts out China Spring. Would be pretty cool for Carthage to have the #1 scoring defense in 4a. Great accomplishment by the players, Coach Preston, and his staff. A lot of seniors on this D that been playing for a long time. Pretty cool to see. We watched a lot of these young men when they were sophomores in 2017. 

16 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Need to hold them to 7 just in case Brownwood shuts out China Spring. Would be pretty cool for Carthage to have the #1 scoring defense in 4a. Great accomplishment by the players, Coach Preston, and his staff. A lot of seniors on this D that been playing for a long time. Pretty cool to see. We watched a lot of these young men when they were sophomores in 2017. 

Good point!

21 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Surratt and Preston want a win and no injuries.  If by chance, Carthage gets a decent lead, out comes most starters if not all. If Carthage’s offense is clicking early, I look for Kilgore to score at least 14 late. 

36 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Does anybody have the numbers for defense all classification? I’m sure Carthage is up there with the best D in the state all class (by the numbers).

This would be interesting to see for sure. Longview is at 71 PA for the season, Carthage is at 77 I believe? Definitely have to be up there.

I looked at 6a top 25 and 5a DI - 4a DII top 10 points allowed.

1. Duncanville - 33

2. Cy-Fair - 42

3. Westfield - 55

4. Karen Wagner - 57

5. Denton Ryan - 69

6. Longview - 71

7. Shadow Creek - 73

8. Katy - 75

9. Vandegrift - 76

10. Carthage - 77.

This should be pretty close. Might have missed somebody. I just had a quick look.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I looked at 6a top 25 and 5a DI - 4a DII top 10 points allowed.

1. Duncanville - 33

2. Cy-Fair - 42

3. Westfield - 55

4. Karen Wagner - 57

5. Denton Ryan - 69

6. Longview - 71

7. Shadow Creek - 73

8. Katy - 75

9. Vandegrift - 76

10. Carthage - 77.

This should be pretty close. Might have missed somebody. I just had a quick look.

Wow! This is impressive! But Duncanville? Are you kidding me? My math has them giving up 3.6 points a game. And one of those teams was a top 10 nationally ranked team.

Fair enough.  The red and white bulldogs will win.  

Fyi henderson used to be known as the town Kilgore folks had to drive through on the way to playoff games.  Probably not so much now.  Maybe the town Carthage has to drive through when taking scenic route to ATT?

28 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

Fair enough.  The red and white bulldogs will win.  

Fyi henderson used to be known as the town Kilgore folks had to drive through on the way to playoff games.  Probably not so much now.  Maybe the town Carthage has to drive through when taking scenic route to ATT?

That is 100% accurate.

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Carthage Dawgs take the “W” by a score of 42-10 or so.

Might add some fuel for them being last home game for kilgore. The dogs aren't terrible just inconsistent. Carthage needs a good game so they can work for the playoff run. I have a feeling that Kilgore puts a fight. 

30 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Might add some fuel for them being last home game for kilgore. The dogs aren't terrible just inconsistent. Carthage needs a good game so they can work for the playoff run. I have a feeling that Kilgore puts a fight. 

Fact.  Inconsistent is right for Kilgore but they do have the ability.  It depends what team shows up.  On the other hand CTH has been pretty damn consistent.  I didn’t realize how good their defense has been this year until this thread.

• Like 1