Carthage Dawgs versus Kilgore Dogs

cowboyandchrist

5 hours ago, Eaglesone said:

Carthage folks talking about Argyle running up the score when 2’s 3’s and 4’s play the second half. 

Carthage is more balanced. Arygle's Defense isn't that great. The Eagles have given up 30+ four times including to Liberty Eylau. Starters or not that is 40 points. The backups can't be that bad. Depends on when they score.

11 hours ago, Eaglesone said:

Yeah i was wrong it is less than that.  Figure 60 F 60 JV 60 V is only 180-230.  Enrollment is around 1k.

That being said, if enrollment is 1,000, about 500 are male. So that is about 40% participation. Pretty good compared to many of the schools we have played against.

8 hours ago, JBizzle said:

That being said, if enrollment is 1,000, about 500 are male. So that is about 40% participation. Pretty good compared to many of the schools we have played against.

Indeed as with most we have played.  I would think Carthage has a similar percentage that play too. 

1 hour ago, KildogDad said:

It's aiming really high to say Kilgore with the upset win, but I'm hoping for a good showing (and a Hendo win over Van) going into the playoffs.

Wise man.  Not a thing wrong with that at all.  Sure the Dawgs should be heavy favorites but history tells us you never know what to expect when these 2 teams meet.

Earlier in the season someone from kilgore was talking about ya'll throwing the ball.  How's that coming along?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

Does Kilgore have a chance at home?

Do they have a chance? Yes

Is it a vey good one? No

One thing about Kilgore that I’ve seen in 25 years watching them is they’re not going to lay down for anybody. Regardless of the records, Kilgore’s going to show up and give you everything they’ve got. Being at home will help, but realistically I’d say Carthage by 2 Td’s.

6 minutes ago, broncbuster11 said:

Do they have a chance? Yes

Is it a vey good one? No

One thing about Kilgore that I’ve seen in 25 years watching them is they’re not going to lay down for anybody. Regardless of the records, Kilgore’s going to show up and give you everything they’ve got. Being at home will help, but realistically I’d say Carthage by 2 Td’s.

That is kinda of what I was thinking. 28-14 type game . closer than expected