Carthage Dawgs versus Kilgore Dogs

cowboyandchrist

I would be willing to wager that this is a close game.  And that is not a shot at my CTH friends but knowing how the games work between the Gregg, Rusk and Panola triangle!  How many times over the last 25 years has the district champ from the triangle went in with a loss from an inferior opponent from that triangle?  (IDK but i do know several)

The last time i watched these two play was in 2013 at ATT and Kilgore appeared to not realize the forward pass had been made legal (i also think kilgore and carthage playing in state title game is outlawed in the geneva convention).  I think they have since learned the rules though.  

11 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

I would be willing to wager that this is a close game.  And that is not a shot at my CTH friends but knowing how the games work between the Gregg, Rusk and Panola triangle!  How many times over the last 25 years has the district champ from the triangle went in with a loss from an inferior opponent from that triangle?  (IDK but i do know several)

In 2016 the Dawgs lost to both henderson and kilgore in district, made the playoffs as 3rd seed,  and won a state title.  Beating henderson in the rematch along the way.  Yes,  we're all rather familiar with each other.

16 hours ago, Eaglesone said:

The last time i watched these two play was in 2013 at ATT and Kilgore appeared to not realize the forward pass had been made legal (i also think kilgore and carthage playing in state title game is outlawed in the geneva convention).  I think they have since learned the rules though.  

So are you calling your shot with a upset? 

• Stinks 1

• 1995-- Kilgore 21, Carthage 7
    • 4A district game; longtime Kilgore coach Mike Vallery's first game vs. Carthage.
  • 1996-- Kilgore 21, Carthage 20
    • 4A district game; Kilgore finished 10-2-1. Carthage finished 8-4.
  • 1997-- Kilgore 24, Carthage 21
    • 4A district game; Kilgore finished 9-3.
  • 1998-- Kilgore 13, Carthage 12
    • 4A district game; Kilgore finished 9-3. Carthage finished 8-4.
  • 1999-- Kilgore 64, Carthage 35
    • 4A district game; Sleepy Reynolds' final game vs. Kilgore. He finished with an 11-15 record vs. KHS.
  • 2000-- Kilgore 35, Carthage 33
    • 4A district game
  • 2001-- Kilgore 34, Carthage 21
    • 4A district game
  • 2002-- Kilgore 24, Carthage 0
    • Non-district game; Carthage's first year in 3A since 1979.
  • 2003-- Kilgore 21, Carthage 13
    • Non-district game; Kilgore finished 12-2 with a regional final appearance.
  • 2008-- Kilgore 33, Carthage 21
    • Season opener; Kilgore finished 9-3. Carthage finished 14-2 with a 3A D-II state championship.
  • 2009-- Carthage 29, Kilgore 17
    • Season opener; Mike Vallery's final game vs. Carthage. He finished with a 10-1 record vs. CHS. Carthage went 16-0 with a 3A D-II state championship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I could not find the most recent scores...but I think Kilgore is 2-2 the last 4 against Carthage...2-0 at home against them most recently and if I heard coach Surratt correctly say, he has never won in Kilgore since being the head coach in Carthage...for sure is always a battle

2013...Carthage beat Kilgore 34-23 in State Championship 

2014...Carthage won 21-7...Carthage lost in area rd...Kilgore finished 4-7

2015..Kilgore won 31-28...Carthage lost in Semi finals..???...Kilgore finished 8-4

2016 Kilgore won 41-34...Carthage won State...Kilgore finished 7-5

2017 Carthage won 50-20..Carthage won State...Kilgore finished 9-4

2018 Carthage won 48-23...Carthage lost in Semi finals...Kilgore finished 3-8

So, Kilgore is 2-4 in the most recent 6 against Carthage

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Carthage 9th wins 16-0.  Undefeated district champs!

Kilgore coaches were out coached big time. For three and half qtrs. Ran about 3 plays. Smh... mean while the parents in the stands were calling out all of Carthage plays. Congrats to Carthage fresh team. I love how they mixed up there play calling. Maybe Kilgore coaches learned a little something. Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HJR7 said:

Kilgore coaches were out coached big time. For three and half qtrs. Ran about 3 plays. Smh... mean while the parents in the stands were calling out all of Carthage plays. Congrats to Carthage fresh team. I love how they mixed up there play calling. Maybe Kilgore coaches learned a little something. Lol

Man it’s miserable out here!

8 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Man it’s miserable out here!

Very much so.. I couldn't feel my toes. I have a little portable heater but was told we couldn't bring it in the stadium. So there went that plan lol.

4 hours ago, kdogs00 said:

2015..Kilgore won 31-28...Carthage lost in Semi finals..???...

Yes,  that's the year we got drummed in the semi's by eventual state champ La Vega.  That vega team was scary good and had speed all over the place.  We had lost keontay a game or 2 before that,  but even had we had him that game it most likely wouldn't have been enough to do much more than make the score not as lopsided.  38-3 I think it was.