Carthage Dawgs versus Kilgore Dogs

cowboyandchrist

9 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Yes,  that's the year we got drummed in the semi's by eventual state champ La Vega.  That vega team was scary good and had speed all over the place.  We had lost keontay a game or 2 before that,  but even had we had him that game it most likely wouldn't have been enough to do much more than make the score not as lopsided.  38-3 I think it was.

There were 7 starters out when the Dawgs played LaVega. It would not have made that much of a difference but the Dawgs would scored more than 3 points. 

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

18 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Yes,  that's the year we got drummed in the semi's by eventual state champ La Vega.  That vega team was scary good and had speed all over the place.  We had lost keontay a game or 2 before that,  but even had we had him that game it most likely wouldn't have been enough to do much more than make the score not as lopsided.  38-3 I think it was.

We got beat by them with :30 left in game and y’all call it choking!  (Not you but Carthage posters).  Talent level was on two completely different scales!

2 hours ago, Eaglesone said:

We got beat by them with :30 left in game and y’all call it choking!  (Not you but Carthage posters).  Talent level was on two completely different scales!

I'm not sure what carthage poster's you're referring to,  but I do know this.  La Vega had 4 turnovers in that game and still won. They were that good.

13 hours ago, Eaglesone said:

I don’t know if it should be called Argyle choking or not, but after taking the lead 31-27 they had 2 of the worst defensive penalties I have seen at that level (state championship teams). Back to back 12 men on the field penalties. I remember watching the game thinking it cost them. 

But La Vega (16-0) responded with a nine-play, 54-yard drive aided by back-to-back Argyle (14-2) penalties for 12 men on the field. Argyle coach Todd Rodgers said there were issues with the headsets which led to the breakdown.

“There was a meltdown with substitutions and not being able to get the right people in the game,” he said. “We were trying to play some of our offensive players on defense and there were just too many cooks in the kitchen.”

30 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I don’t know if it should be called Argyle choking or not, but after taking the lead 31-27 they had 2 of the worst defensive penalties I have seen at that level (state championship teams). Back to back 12 men on the field penalties. I remember watching the game thinking it cost them. 

But La Vega (16-0) responded with a nine-play, 54-yard drive aided by back-to-back Argyle (14-2) penalties for 12 men on the field. Argyle coach Todd Rodgers said there were issues with the headsets which led to the breakdown.

“There was a meltdown with substitutions and not being able to get the right people in the game,” he said. “We were trying to play some of our offensive players on defense and there were just too many cooks in the kitchen.”

Absolutely fact!  Never before or again have I seen argyles coaching staff make that kind of mistake.  They have won lots of games because of coaching but man that was bad. 

2 hours ago, Eaglesone said:

Got to love Fridays in Nov!!

I have family playing for the dogs so I am biased in my prediction.

Completely understandable. Also keep in mind a undefeated season is very nice but not big goal. Make the playoffs, Win District and Win State. I have a feeling Surratt could care less about being undefeated so that he gets #7.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Game Day!🏈😜👌 Surratt gets that First “W” @ R.E.St. John Stadium, and Clenches District Championship!

since everyone else in the district has two losses i am fairly confident that the district championship has already been clinched.

16 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

There were 7 starters out when the Dawgs played LaVega. It would not have made that much of a difference but the Dawgs would scored more than 3 points. 

I should hope so.  Heck i would think keon would've been good for at least a couple scores,  but it wasn't meant to be.

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

Completely understandable. Also keep in mind a undefeated season is very nice but not big goal. Make the playoffs, Win District and Win State. I have a feeling Surratt could care less about being undefeated so that he gets #7.

I think Surratt cares about being undefeated...it means they are continuing to play well going into the playoffs and will have a lot of momentum...and plus in his interview he said, it was important to be undefeated

26 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

I think Surratt cares about being undefeated...it means they are continuing to play well going into the playoffs and will have a lot of momentum...and plus in his interview he said, it was important to be undefeated

Well yes now that is extremely possible. I highly doubt a pre season goal and of course he doesn't want a loss. 

22 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

9-1 and District Champs....that's a pretty good finish before playoffs..😜

I'm old enough to remember losing to kilgore in district,  finishing the season 9-1 and sitting at home for the playoffs.  Those days are long gone now.