JT vs Sherman

cujoforlife

7-5a D1   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Who?  
I never thought JT was average last season. 
Just because I didn’t pick them to win every game didn’t mean I thought they were average. 

I have tremendous respect for JTs program. But they have shown through the years to have average teams sprinkled between their very good ones.  This appears to be one of them. JMHO 

agree.

30 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

No. Very young team. They were using two QBs when we played them. They don’t have much size or speed. Running back is tough but he’s not that fast to me. They are well coached though 

Sounds like all the talent shifted to consolidated. Do you think JT would have a shot with them on the road? 

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

Its crazy that people who actually saw the game have to explain this to people who were not at the game.   Ford played 1 play in the 3rd quarter and 3 series in the 4th. He was 6-11 passing for 92 yds and had 45 yds rushing on 6 carries (I think he had a 40 yd run).  Sanchez played 3 qtrs and was 2/6 passing 21 yds for with ZERO rushing yds.  

I'm not saying Ford is great, but he is alot better than Sanchez and it ain't even close and you can clearly see that with the stats, and the fact that they took him out the game against North (and Poteet) proves he is the at best the 3rd best qb on team.

I don't know if JT wins or not with Ford, I just know with him, they have a much better shot.

At this point I just need them to get the best seed possible so if Sherman wins by 10 I'm good..lol (just joking).  

That what i said on my podcast people mostly women took it to personal and making it about im talking about kids off field. no a blind rat with no legs could see they wansnt winning with sanchez but they wanna throw shade at cam posting o we scored more points with sanchez in game than any other game.  They Even had problem with your statment saying jt wouldn't win but one game is crawford isnt on team once again football talk but people with no knowledge of game have no clue good thing they don't post here they couldn't last a day in longview or Lufkin thread lol

29 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

That what i said on my podcast people mostly women took it to personal and making it about im talking about kids off field. no a blind rat with no legs could see they wansnt winning with sanchez but they wanna throw shade at cam posting o we scored more points with sanchez in game than any other game.  They Even had problem with your statment saying jt wouldn't win but one game is crawford isnt on team once again football talk but people with no knowledge of game have no clue good thing they don't post here they couldn't last a day in longview or Lufkin thread lol

Longview and lufkin fans would rip them apart. Starting with @Pack007 @LoboFan07 doing the honors lol 😂😂😂😂

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Sounds like all the talent shifted to consolidated. Do you think JT would have a shot with them on the road? 

A shot? Definitely with Tomball beating them. But not the JT team that i watched a few times this year against the CS team that was at Abe. 

9 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Longview and lufkin fans would rip them apart. Starting with @Pack007 @LoboFan07 doing the honors lol 😂😂😂😂

It depends on the day. I’m a nice guy on a Sunday. 

07 just going to throw some stats at them. Now lobo84.........words can’t even describe. She walked into Abe earlier this year ready for battle. She didn’t even have to say a word. You could see it all over her face. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

07 just going to throw some stats at them. Now lobo84.........words can’t even describe. She walked into Abe earlier this year ready for battle. She didn’t even have to say a word. You could see it all over her face. 

Oh lord 😂😂

5 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I agree that this is an average team this year, but We’ve only had 3 average teams since 09. 17, 19 , and 13 so?? All the other years mostly state title contending years. So I don’t know  about sprinkles per say

2013:  7-4
2015:  8-4 (gave up 77 in playoff game)
2017:  5-5 
2019:  4-6 (IF JT wins this week...otherwise 3-7).

Looks like sprinkles of average teams to me.  

I'll be the first to admit that the years since 2009 have been OUTSTANDING with many deep runs.  But there have been some subpar seasons seasons in there too.  You see the same thing with Lufkin, Marshall.  Texas High hasn't won a playoff game since 2009 I believe.

Only one program in the region has stayed consistent season after season for the better part of a decade in the two biggest classifications.  

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

That’s her normal walk. She always ready. @LOBOFAN84

• LOL! 3

35 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I'll be the first to admit that the years since 2009 have been OUTSTANDING with many deep runs.  But there have been some subpar seasons seasons in there too.  You see the same thing with Lufkin, Marshall.  Texas High hasn't won a playoff game since 2009 I believe.

Only one program in the region has stayed consistent season after season for the better part of a decade in the two biggest classifications.  

I mean it’s two decades but ok... 😂😂 just playin, but we’ve had our own issues since 2004.

2014 was horrendous, and saved our playoff streak imo by being in 5A. 2016 was just as bad defensively. Granted we won district in both those seasons but 2014 was mostly due to our district. 

But as you said,  JT has definitely been up and down this decade. Even with some of their great years.

45 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

2015 was not a subpar year 8-4 is not bad, you had smith at QB and you won district and lost to a team that went to state and no one could stop on Offense Beside George ranch so I don’t agree there. But I agree with the others seasons that’s just three. Even in 13  wasn’t “bad” you still had a winning season whitehouse was top 5 team in state with mahomes and it went to the wire. And then JT just fell apart against legacy, I think that was from hangover from the whitehouse game. So I was agreeing with you earlier lol. But 8 winning seasons in a decade. That’s not really up and down, 8 winning season to going on 3 losing seasons?

12 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I mean it’s two decades but ok... 😂😂 just playin, but we’ve had our own issues since 2004.

2014 was horrendous, and saved our playoff streak imo by being in 5A. 2016 was just as bad defensively. Granted we won district in both those seasons but 2014 was mostly due to our district. 

But as you said,  JT has definitely been up and down this decade. Even with some of their great years.

Didn’t Longview still get to the third or 4th round in 2016 though? 

1 minute ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

No. Lost in the 1st @ Beaumont. A game we should've won but..

2016 was awful, for LVs standards anyway. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

2014 reached second, 2016 lost on a fumble on our own 10 yard line in the final three minutes (plus a missed field goal at the end). 

Only two years since 2007 that Longview hasn’t reached at least round three.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

2014 reached second, 2016 lost on a fumble on our own 10 yard line in the final three minutes (plus a missed field goal at the end). 

Only two years since 2007 that Longview hasn’t reached at least round three.

2 years ago missing that field goal has to hurt stll for yall cant imagine how that kicker felt on that ride home

East Texas 5A Playoff records since Since 2009:

John Tyler 24-9
Marshall 7-8
Lindale 3-5
Sulphur Springs 6-9
Lufkin 6-10
Whitehouse 4-8
Hallsville 1-4
Texas High 1-8
Pine Tree 0-1
Mount Pleasant 0-2
Nacogdoches 0-3
Jacksonville 0-5

2 minutes ago, Kwsredraiders1990 said:

We ain't in denial like them lame cujo fans.like I said y'all fans leave The game after the 1st quarter of game and at halftime when  it ain't going right for lil ol cujo.

Let's be real cujo fans ain't start coming back out like that until y'all dropped to 4A playing cream puffs..

9 minutes ago, Kwsredraiders1990 said:

Let's be real cujo fans ain't start coming back out like that until y'all dropped to 4A playing cream puffs..

How does a someone that's had....what...???.....ONE playoff win in a decade talk smack?

Asking for a friend......