Palestine @ Chapel Hill

JugLine

8 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Highly doubtful but would be nice for two other teams I believe. I am not positive a Chapel Hill victory will help another team. @DawgNation2015 might know. 

Palestine is playing well and already has a spot locked up. However, building on this season is probably what they need going into the playoffs.

I don’t know all this math hurts my head!

22 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Highly doubtful but would be nice for two other teams I believe. I am not positive a Chapel Hill victory will help another team. @DawgNation2015 might know. 

Palestine is playing well and already has a spot locked up. However, building on this season is probably what they need going into the playoffs.

A Pal loss would most likely just rearrange the seedings ... but there is one scenario that would leave them out of the playoffs

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, supermaroon said:

Im guessing that scenario would involve Kilgore beating Carthage, and Henderson beating Van? With a Palestine loss.

That is some big ifs. Palestine is in a good spot and a possible favorable matchup in Bi District. I assume Crandall or Life . 

3 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

So if Henderson and Palestine win then Palestine would be the 2nd seed, is that correct?

I believe so . I know they have to win. I believe it either 2nd or 3rd cause they already clinched a spot. Either way Palestine is good enough to advance.

Just now, supermaroon said:

Amazing how quickly the former cooper coach got them back in the right direction

Great coaching can be the Difference . Good seeing these teams rebound after a lengthy absence from the postseason. You should be proud of your program.

20 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

That is some big ifs. Palestine is in a good spot and a possible favorable matchup in Bi District. I assume Crandall or Life . 

1st) Crandall (7-2,4-0: with Athens to play)

2nd) Heritage* (5-4,3-1: with Mabank 6-3,1-3 to play)

3rd) Life (6-3,2-2: with Q Ford 4-5,0-4 to play)

4th) Athens (6-3,2-2: with Crandall to play)

*MH beat Crandall 23-7 but had to forfeit, self-reporting an ineligible player being used

District finish is pretty much set even if Athens would happen to upset Crandall**

**An Athens upset ending up in a tie in district standings with Life, Life would still be 3rd Seed due to 55-35 win over the Hornets; Crandall loss would still leave them in 1st Seed spot due to "win" over MH

While Heritage appears to be slightly down from last year, they are still a force - their three "real" losses coming at the hands of 9-0 Decatur (28-41), 8-1 LaVega (14-58), and 7-3 Kennedale (28-35)

So I'd rather start the playoffs playing Life than Heritage

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vandalman said:

Whatever happened to phswildcatsfan?  He always had good posts and supported his team no matter what. Haven't seen him on here this year and Pali is doing really good this season. Just hoping all's well with him.

Profile says he hasn't posted since Palestine vs Kilgore of last year. Hasn't logged on since Christmas.

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?/profile/21526-phswildcatsfan/

On 11/7/2019 at 5:59 AM, DOB said:

1st) Crandall (7-2,4-0: with Athens to play)

2nd) Heritage* (5-4,3-1: with Mabank 6-3,1-3 to play)

3rd) Life (6-3,2-2: with Q Ford 4-5,0-4 to play)

4th) Athens (6-3,2-2: with Crandall to play)

*MH beat Crandall 23-7 but had to forfeit, self-reporting an ineligible player being used

District finish is pretty much set even if Athens would happen to upset Crandall**

**An Athens upset ending up in a tie in district standings with Life, Life would still be 3rd Seed due to 55-35 win over the Hornets; Crandall loss would still leave them in 1st Seed spot due to "win" over MH

While Heritage appears to be slightly down from last year, they are still a force - their three "real" losses coming at the hands of 9-0 Decatur (28-41), 8-1 LaVega (14-58), and 7-3 Kennedale (28-35)

So I'd rather start the playoffs playing Life than Heritage

This district is so weak.  CH dominated Crandall the probable 1 seed, and is staring down the barrel of a winless district run this year.  The DOD will sweep these fools.